PDA

View Full Version : Obama and Holder- $45MIL for cops at schools.

Scuba951
09-28-2013, 6:16 PM
9 months ago "they" were screaming this is crazy.. Well well..

Friday afternoon the Justice Department announced about $45 million in funding intended to create 356 new school resource officer positions under the federal COPS grants.

“In the wake of past tragedies, it’s clear that we need to be willing to take all possible steps to ensure that our kids are safe when they go to school,” Attorney General Eric Holder said in the statement.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/09/27/obama-admin-borrows-a-page-from-the-nra-funding-cops-in-schools/

Just remember, it's for the kids.

POLICESTATE
09-28-2013, 6:20 PM
They should call them School Marshalls. Attach them to the US Marshall's Service. Seriously, that would be most efficient. They could travel to any school in the nation, where ever they are needed most to keep the little creeps in line. This is another cornerstone in our ever-growing police state.

Bravo!

http://strang.newtomorrow.org/CGN/mingapproves.jpg

kaligaran
09-29-2013, 12:04 AM
/sarcasm on
Next they are gonna implement a 'school shield' program.
/sarcasm off

VegasND
09-29-2013, 7:40 AM
I'll keep checking back until all the posters who tried to explain why the children of important people need armed guards at school but children of ordinary folks don't. I'm sure they can make sense of this reversal - they can probably explain why this isn't a reversal but was their position all along.

guns4life
09-29-2013, 7:44 AM
I'll keep checking back until all the posters who tried to explain why the children of important people need armed guards at school but children of ordinary folks don't. I'm sure they can make sense of this reversal - they can probably explain why this isn't a reversal but was their position all along.

Indeed.

Dutch3
09-29-2013, 10:01 AM
356 officers is just a drop in the bucket. I wonder how the distribution of this grant funding will be determined.

Sutcliffe
09-29-2013, 4:28 PM
356 officers is just a drop in the bucket. I wonder how the distribution of this grant funding will be determined.

It likely won't have any effect on school shootings. Just a reward for loyal minions I would think.

Untamed1972
09-30-2013, 8:17 AM
356 positions is a drop in the bucket on a nationwide level. Seems like a pretty high price tag for such a small result.

fr33domfightr
09-30-2013, 8:46 AM
That's $126,404 per cop. Quite a bit of compensation considering they won't be seeing much action.

dustoff31
10-02-2013, 3:06 PM
That's $126,404 per cop. Quite a bit of compensation considering they won't be seeing much action.

That 126,204 per cop is for 3 years. That's the gimmick on these many of these grants.

Local gov's get the grants, hire the people and then run out of money in, in this case 3 years. Then they will come whining to taxpayers that they need to increase taxes because they are out of money. And of course, if anyone takes exception to this act of extortion, it's only because they hate cops and want kids to be murdered at school.:rolleyes:

This is the same deal as Clinton's 100,000 new cops on the street back when.

The COPS grants, which stand for Community Oriented Policing Services, are announced annually by the Justice Department. This year the priority is being given to grants for putting armed police officers in schools. About $125 million in total grants were announced to fully fund the hiring of new community policing officers by local law enforcement agencies for three years.