PDA

View Full Version : DROS Delay - how/who to contact to resolve?

solarmax
09-27-2013, 9:23 PM
Hello,

I would like to know if there are any specific phone numbers to call or email or write to in order to try and resolve a DROS delay with the DOJ.

I have been given a phone number from my LGS and that number only links me up to a 24/7 answering machine from the DOJ. I cannot for the life of me get a live person on to try and figure out why there was a delay on my DROS.

Is there a specific number I need to call to get someone live? or are there a list of lawyers that specialize in this to help me figure out why this is happening?

I have been approved for multiple DROS (rifles) forms only 8-12 weeks prior so they are giving approval on some guns and delaying me on another....something not right with this picture...

Thanks

TheWoodCrafter
09-27-2013, 10:57 PM
Good luck.

A buddy of mine got stuck in that loop for the last 2 months.

Never resolved it, just cancelled the DROS.
DROSed it to his wife. They pick it up next week.
Never got an explanation.
He did get to talk to a person a few times and they would NOT give him anything more than it was delayed and they were working on it.

This was complete crap.
Never figured out when it would have been resolved on way or the other.
The FFL was not help either.

As I said, Good Luck.

Mitch
09-28-2013, 8:16 AM
Go here: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=805869

solarmax
09-28-2013, 3:19 PM
Yeah I figured. It really sucks. Its like failing a test and they don't tell you what you did wrong...
I'm went to get a live scan....maybe that will reveal something...cuz I have no idea what it could be.