PDA

View Full Version : How it SHOULD be

Mulay El Raisuli
09-27-2013, 7:58 AM
Presuming that this is the correct 2A forum, I present a story of how I think the "and bear" part of the Right should ideally be.

She is not pretty. As you look at her walking her kids to school, you're thinking that you wouldn't go there. But, as you look at the various hues of her children, you realize that not everyone in the world agrees with you.

She doesn't care what you think. She has her 'babies' to protect. The neighborhood isn't getting any safer & she knows that it's time she do something about that.

She isn't stupid. She's done her research. Her "Obamaphone" has allowed her to find out what she needs to know. She is surprised to see that cheap 'no-name' guns (like the RG) did quite well in the safety tests performed by California. She knows an RG isn't good for much, but she also knows that it's good for what she needs. For what she needs is to have the ability to do something other than drop to her knees or hand over her wallet the next time some thug comes up to her & says, "I want what you got."

She takes the bus to the Gomez Gun Shop. She's been there before. She dropped in last month to get the gun safe she knew she would need. Having no ability to install it, she had one of the men from her neighborhood do this (and thanked him properly afterward for doing so).

Mr Gomez has her .38SPL ready for her. He also has a small surprise for her. He has talked over her needs with a friend of his. He tells her that he a box of re-loaded ammo from "Tyrone the Ammoman." He explains the how & why of handloaded ammunition. How it's just as good as what the big factories put out & that the 148gr hollow-base wadcutters loaded backwards he has for her are just the thing. She is pleased that she can save some money.

She expresses the thought that this would allow her to spend a little more on a holster. Mr Gomez points out that this isn't necessary & that the Uncle Mike's holster he has set aside for her is both inexpensive & all she really needs.

Mr Gomez has a basic (and inexpensive) cleaning kit set aside for as well. She hesitates though. After all (being confident she can hit a thug standing right in front of her), she knows she won't be going to the range. But Mr Gomez points out that anything can get dirty & dirty things tend to not work when you need them. She sees the logic of this (and having saved some money on the ammo) buys the cleaning kit. She is now ready to go.

But Mr Gomez has one final suggestion for her. He points out that it would be best of she had some idea of how the gun feels when it's fired. That standing in front of a thug is not the time to discover what firing a .38 feels & sounds like. He takes her into the back, has her load the weapon, & then fire six rounds into his bullet trap. He then shows her how to properly clean the thing.

Mr Gomez having been so VERY helpful, she offers to thank him. He thinks like you do however & graciously declines the offer.

Having fulfilled the task of the day, she straps up & walks to the bus stop. There, since PUBLIC transportation equals PUBLIC dollars equals a bus being a PUBLIC place, she boards the bus & heads back home. Ignoring the stares she gets.

Once she gets there, she sighs & is content.

She is no longer prey.

The Raisuli

Frito Bandido
09-27-2013, 8:13 AM
Definitely OT material.

Whiterabbit
09-27-2013, 8:34 AM
Presuming that this is the correct 2A forum, I present a story of how I think the "and bear" part of the Right should ideally be.

*snip*

The Raisuli

How should RKBA be?

Constitutional. Next question?

Mulay El Raisuli
09-28-2013, 7:19 AM
How should RKBA be?

Constitutional. Next question?

The problem is that "Constitutional" is NOT what we're working for. A "Constitutional" scenario is what I presented. No waiting. No permits. No problems riding public transportation.

Our BIG victory (Ezell) gives us a 9 month wait, expensive permits & the people needing the Right the most can't ride the bus (even with those expensive permits), which is how most them get to work.

"Constitutional" is what I hope for.

The Raisuli