PDA

View Full Version : Do You Respond to Trolls?

emc002
01-17-2008, 1:24 PM
Even after Bill's advising us about troll posts, I still see veteran members here wasting their time responding with sincere, generally well thought out responses.
Sarcastic responses, sure I can see that or to call out a troll.

But really, for those of you that respond sincerely, why do you bother?

Patriot
01-17-2008, 1:27 PM
I'd rather waste politeness on a troll than treat a bona fide newcomer rudely

bwiese
01-17-2008, 1:28 PM
If the suspected troll's asking for illegal activity, having a valid, factual legal response make us overall look good in case anything ever pops up in court relating to us or Calguns.

Also, some folks are in grey area and are perhaps just plain noobs and not trolls.
Giving them factual information can help.

And other times interesting statistical info can be extracted from the prospective troll - including writing/spelling/gramar/typing patterns, etc. :)

- Not all troll-ish posts are from trolls.
- Not all the "Maximum RKBA" posts are from true pro-gunners.

emc002
01-17-2008, 1:29 PM
And other times interesting statistical info can be extracted from the prospective troll - including writing/spelling/gramar/typing patterns, etc. :43:

Fixed it for you.

Patriot
01-17-2008, 1:31 PM
WHAT AM BEST gun of RAMBO!?!??!!! ;)

-hanko
01-17-2008, 1:33 PM
A rhetorical question...Why does this board, in particular, get soooo many posts day after day that ask exactly the same thing?? It's like the-high-road for kids sometimes;) I'm not seeing the same thing on either arfcom or the fal files.

-hanko

eta I usually try a straight answer, but it always ends up a little sarcastic

emc002
01-17-2008, 1:38 PM
A rhetorical question...Why does this board, in particular, get soooo many posts day after day that ask exactly the same thing??

AND why do they all have a post count 30 or below?

MustangO4
01-17-2008, 1:40 PM
Who is this EMC002 guy? Does anyone know him? Has he been seen in person before? Is his itrader rating verified? I don't trust him. How does he know Bill? :TFH:

Kestryll
01-17-2008, 1:47 PM
I'd rather waste politeness on a troll than treat a bona fide newcomer rudely

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a winner.

As long as we keep ourselves above board and legal, AND continuously advise, as we have been doing, those new member in how to STAY legal we have nothing to worry about.

I understand the recent concern over 'alphabet types' fishing on the forum and even share that concern.
However if we stop welcoming new members, sharing and spreading solid information and helping those new members to learn then we are as effectively shut down as if they had pulled the plug on the server.

Stay legal.
Help and advise others, especially new members with questions, to stay legal.
Keep working to make what is legal more in line with what it should be.
Keep plugging away at the legal precedences and inaccuracies in the laws.
Staying legal doesn't mean giving up, it means holding the line and pushing it back the right way.

We can and are changing things but we need to be HERE doing it, not in jail making a point. Because then someone else has to fill your spot in the line.
If we run off every newbie with an unwise question eventually there will be no one else to help and to carry on the fight we're starting.

Even if that new member with an odd question is Iggy or Alison themselves, they can not do anything unless YOU make a willful mistake. If a post just screams 'Trap' or is blatantly illegal, report it and just walk away.

Kestryll
01-17-2008, 1:49 PM
A rhetorical question...Why does this board, in particular, get soooo many posts day after day that ask exactly the same thing??

Because this has become the source for info on California gun laws.
Check a few forums and you will see people referring CA members to this site for answers to legal questions.

Looking at our laws is it any wonder people come here to ask for clarification? ;)

emc002
01-17-2008, 1:51 PM
Who is this EMC002 guy? Does anyone know him? Has he been seen in person before? Is his itrader rating verified? I don't trust him. How does he know Bill? :TFH:

BWAHAHAHAHA :43:
I'll get you and your little dog too!

dondo
01-17-2008, 2:13 PM
I am a troll. It has something to do with not finishing High School an huffing Liquid Paper. While extremely handsome and possessing a set of titanium washboard abs, alas....I am still just a troll.

bohoki
01-17-2008, 2:27 PM
hmm since i replied to this post i do respond to trolls sometiems

daves100
01-17-2008, 3:12 PM
i have a low post count also, but want to make sure i build a CA legal firearms

oaklander
01-17-2008, 4:00 PM
I always try to give decent answers to legitimate questions, even if I've answered the same question many time before.

I was new once, and some of my questions were probably somewhat trollish.

One thing I like about this board is that people are generally friendly and helpful, I hope it stays that way.

Soldier415
01-17-2008, 4:04 PM
Remember guys

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f273/ganjaman415/Signs/i5lSu75qGfbrR44b02taVopf73A8.jpg

metalhead357
01-17-2008, 4:52 PM
- Not all troll-ish posts are from trolls.
- Not all the "Maximum RKBA" posts are from true pro-gunners.

Ya; know Bill that up until about 3 months ago I woulda said the top was 100% right and the bottom was 100% wrong. But after some recent threads in the last couple of month with some long time posters showing thier true colors over some issues...I must admit you are spot on. So while I aint worried about trolls, I am worried about RKBA posers.....:cool:

bwiese
01-17-2008, 5:15 PM
while I aint worried about trolls, I am worried about RKBA posers..... :cool:

Some but not all of these are less worrisome, just dudes from 'alternate' gun groups.

G17GUY
01-17-2008, 5:22 PM
I give them a :TFH:

metalhead357
01-17-2008, 5:31 PM
Some but not all of these are less worrisome, just dudes from 'alternate' gun groups.

I pray you're right. I know not everyone was bent over Zumbo, but some were.... And there aint nothin' like trechery from within- due to ignorance or maladjusted foresight. I pray they tire easily and move onto other endeavors.

WokMaster1
01-17-2008, 5:35 PM
OK, I'll come clean. I'm Kamala Harris' boy toy...... on a mission for my mommy.:26:

M. Sage
01-17-2008, 10:08 PM
But... I am a troll. Or a former troll. Not sure. I'll have to find a Yooper and ask him about that.

acolytes
01-18-2008, 9:59 AM
I'll admit I didn't know jack about all these new laws and whatnot. This site has filled me with a plethora of knowledge, and now instead of being the one always asking questions, I'm actually answering questions for my friends about the CA gun laws. This website ROCKS!

metalhead357
01-18-2008, 5:58 PM
This website ROCKS!

Yes it does...but IMO it still only rates a 8 outta 10. Why? Simply because ya' cant dance to it:p