View Full Version : Is it legal to sell and ship a 30rd rebuild kit to NY?

09-22-2013, 4:55 PM
A fellow in NY wants to buy a rebuild kit from me. Is it legal for me to sell it to him and ship it?

09-22-2013, 5:27 PM
personally, I'd stay away from that.

09-23-2013, 11:30 AM
As long as it's disassembled I believe so, but I'd also not chance it.

Darryl Licht
09-23-2013, 11:33 AM
I wouldn't ship anything gun related to NY, unless I knew exactly the law!

According to NRA-ILA page:

The magazine capacity limit is 10 rounds. However, other than recreational shooting at a target range, shooting competition or other event, no more than 7 rounds may be loaded in any firearm at one time.

Also found on several magazine manufacturers/distributors sites this or something similar:

New York: We do not ship, sell, or offer for sale any magazines over 10 rounds to anyone in New York or anyone using a billing address in the state of New York.

If anyone would know of laws surrounding a NY mag rebuild kit, it would be LAK Supply one of CGNs sponsors/advertisers. PM him!

09-23-2013, 11:50 AM
Could be Mayor Bloomberg trying to ensnare you in his web of vile deceit.

09-23-2013, 12:16 PM
Maybe I should agree to the deal and tell the guy to send payment once he receives it. Then send a box of disassembled tampons. :)

In the meantime, all the 3 letter agencies can raid my house and haul me in for mailing tampons. When its all over they will just say it was the wrong address.

09-23-2013, 12:31 PM
Funny, when people won't ship CA legal things to CA people here get very upset. But when asked to ship something to NY...

09-23-2013, 12:34 PM
Generally it's not upon the shipper to know the laws pertaining to the shippee. Businesses refrains as any question mark (?) could affect their license in at least the short term.