PDA

View Full Version : opinions on Blackhawk knives

hairtumor
09-22-2013, 12:49 PM
I'm looking for a fixed and folding blade knife for good all around use. A friend can get me a discount on Blackhawk knives but I don't want to spend the money on them if they aren't any good. Does anybody have an opinion and/or any experience with Blackhawk knives.

Ed_Hazard
09-22-2013, 1:11 PM
They bought out the old Master of Defense knife company and rebranded their designs under the Blckhawk label. From the reviews on the Blade forums and other sources they tend to be ok knives. As all ways you get what you pay for. Some of their knves are great values and some are just fancy china made crap.

Find the model you like and let goggle be your friend.

Chameleon Loco
09-22-2013, 3:35 PM
I have two, one is crucible II folder thats I like and its very handy. The other is the tatang fixed blade featured in modern warefare 2 that just sits in my room. It would make a good camping knife though. For being made in taiwan you think they would be a little less expensive then they are.

krisjon
09-22-2013, 6:00 PM
If it's the same Blackhawk that makes cheap web gear and tacticool accessories, I'd err on the side that you can do far better for your $.

What's your budget?

Spawn
10-02-2013, 11:43 AM
Garbage

hairtumor
10-03-2013, 8:28 AM
OK, I think I will avoid Blackhawk knives. Thanks for the input.