PDA

View Full Version : Citing shootings, Obama says must 'go back at' gun-control pus

BluNorthern
09-22-2013, 6:35 AM
Suppose he's been on the phone to Jerry urging him to sign the anti gun bills on his desk and help get the ball rolling?

Knew this was coming....:mad: They'll never stop.
I suppose he could address the mental state of the shooter at the Navy yard, or that it's dreadlocked gangbangers in Chicago....nah.

President Barack Obama urged supporters on Saturday to "go back at it" and pursue gun-control measures after mass shootings in Washington and Chicago in the past week put the spotlight back onto the problem of gun violence in the United States.

Obama is scheduled to speak at a memorial service for the Navy Yard victims on Sunday and referred to both shootings during his remarks.

Never let a tragedy go to waste.

Wayson
09-22-2013, 6:48 AM
What aggravates me about the Chicago shooting is that the weapon used there (something that shoots 7.62 according to the reports, immediately assumed to be an AK-47 because nothing else shoots that caliber obviously) was already banned in Chicago. Gun control failed! How is the solution to in-place but ignored gun control to add MORE gun control?

RamonSJC
09-22-2013, 7:00 AM
Everyone on Calguns is ignorant to the fact that the only thing that criminals will abide by more gun control. We need to accept our overlords wishes!
http://i.imgur.com/AOXCdRxl.jpg

Hiking CA
09-22-2013, 7:24 AM
See below...

teg33
09-22-2013, 7:40 AM
Obama said that to distract people attention from his Obamacare. Actually I think he need to give the shooter a medal for trying to helping out Obama policy

John Galt
09-22-2013, 7:59 AM
Yes this is a diversionary tactic. He will most likely keep throwing out inflammatory policy ideas until one sticks. He knows good and well that there will be no support in congress for this except for the usual anti-civil rights extremists.

cire raeb
09-22-2013, 7:59 AM
First, what is a toddler found out of bed at a park at 10pm? Second, Chicago has some of the strictest gun laws in the country and yet happened. And now he wants to revisit gun control.

The takeaway from this is that we made another One Big Asinine Mistake Again in 2012. The Libturds' gun control is ineffective and I am not going to pay for some Ghetto Mom's stupidity that evening.

majtom94
09-22-2013, 8:06 AM
No one listens to him...

nastyhabts26
09-22-2013, 8:22 AM
I fear that Jerry (Garcia) Brown may listen to the overlord and Anti Christ Obama and sign all the gun legislation into law. Hard to tell with Moon Beam Brown on the one hand he is a Democrat and may bow to the wishes of his masters, on the other hand heis a gun owner and he is old his career will end here in California he doesnt have much of a future or chance of advancement in the party so he may actually somewhat side with us.

Hoop
09-22-2013, 8:27 AM
Yes this is a diversionary tactic. He will most likely keep throwing out inflammatory policy ideas until one sticks. He knows good and well that there will be no support in congress for this except for the usual anti-civil rights extremists.

Yeah he is just blowing smoke in the hopes that people won't pay attention to the fact that his policies are all failures.

BluNorthern
09-22-2013, 8:28 AM
Hard to say what's in Jerry's mind, except perpetuating his legacy. He and his family have property (ranch/farmland) in Northern California, not too far from members of my families farmland. He had a meeting with the farmers up there regarding his Delta Project...they (even members of his family) unloaded on him, totally opposed to his pet project.

He didn't care...he's pushing for it regardless.

I fear that Jerry (Garcia) Brown may listen to the overlord and Anti Christ Obama and sign all the gun legislation into law. Hard to tell with Moon Beam Brown on the one hand he is a Democrat and may bow to the wishes of his masters, on the other hand heis a gun owner and he is old his career will end here in California he doesnt have much of a future or chance of advancement in the party so he may actually somewhat side with us.

Hoop
09-22-2013, 8:29 AM

This is assuming Obama is calling Brown, or anyone for that matter, which is highly doubtful. Obama is just trying to change the subject of debate in the media to something that he can manage a bit better than the economy or governmental functions.

BluNorthern
09-22-2013, 8:31 AM
This is assuming Obama is calling Brown, or anyone for that matter, which is highly doubtful. Obama is just trying to change the subject of debate in the media to something that he can manage a bit better than the economy or governmental functions.

Hard to say. Brown and the Dems love that Federal money...their so called budget depends upon it.

SemperFi1775
09-22-2013, 8:40 AM
barack has less than 1 year to push his agenda, before the next election cycles focus on his multi-tasking failures....

cjc16
09-22-2013, 8:49 AM
Obummer is practically a lame duck. After the last gun push fail, Syria debacle, Debt ceiling lies, budget comedy, Bengazi farce, fast & furious idiocy, and all his golf outings during national crises he can do nothing right. Federally it's a non-issue. The guy couldn't get a sandwich made in D.C. Our problem is right here at home.

Lone_Gunman
09-22-2013, 8:57 AM
I think people are beginning to see through it. The media has been hammering on the mental issues, and previous LEO contact with the Navy Yard shooter instead of the gun.

I don't see another big push coming until a white person kills a bunch of other people. Like it or not, that seems to be the reality of it.

IVC
09-22-2013, 9:00 AM
Brown is in a tough spot. He has to deal not only with his personal beliefs, but with the legality of the legislation, potential long term consequences on gun control, then there are recalls in CO which cast a shadow of the doubt over the national policy of his party.

Whatever he chooses to do, there will be a silver lining for our side and unintended consequences for the antis.

anothergunnut
09-22-2013, 9:23 AM
The Navy shooting is already dropping out of the news. If the criminal had used an AR15 instead of a Remington 870 (gee, isn't that popular with the duck hunters?) the media would be constantly recycling it. I'll bet the president and the Brady Campaign are disappointed.

SemperFi1775
09-22-2013, 9:29 AM
jerry is not an appointed lord, his duty as ca's chief executive is spelled out quite clearly:

I, Jerry Brown, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of the State of California against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of the State of California; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties upon which I am about to enter.

Hennessy
09-22-2013, 1:19 PM
I just saw a spot on John Daily show with Hugh Jackman. How Australia had a blanket gun law passed after a mass shooting. I forgot where I saw the stats but remember reading crime went up over 30% but gun related deaths dropped by 40%. Anyone have access to stats?

Side note, might have worked for Australia because they are surrounded by water. We have the Cartel right below us and a not so regulated border easy for crossing (People and guns)

BroncoBob
09-22-2013, 1:37 PM
I find it interesting how there has been no news or leaks on what Brown will or will not do. Not sure how he is going to go.

:shrug::shrug:

G21Shooter
09-22-2013, 2:24 PM
I find it interesting how there has been no news or leaks on what Brown will or will not do. Not sure how he is going to go.

:shrug::shrug:

I am, he is going to let all the anti gun legislation slip through without touching it.

Not 100 percent chance, but most likely scenario.

halifax
09-22-2013, 3:04 PM
Well, maybe he's planning on transforming military bases back to gun-zones

LuvLRBs
09-22-2013, 3:10 PM
Yep, let's transform the rest of the country into being like his Chicago.

ChuckW
09-22-2013, 3:14 PM
What kind of transformation does he have in mind? Banning pump action shotguns?

Casey
09-22-2013, 3:27 PM
He can't get on his high horse on this one. Not after arming the insurgents in Syria with auto small arms and ammo. And this event illustrates exactly what we have been saying since day one. The guy was black and in his thirties (not a white kid) used a shotgun, was certifiably crazy and the government knew it, had a security clearance ( aka background check on steroids) ,went into a gun free zone to do his dirty work and was stopped by good guys with guns.

So his response is to revisit the background check thing and the assault weapon ban!?

kick Z tail out
09-22-2013, 3:30 PM
He can't get on his high horse on this one. Not after arming the insurgents in Syria with auto small arms and ammo.
Oh, he can... And he will. Has he ever cared about the fact that hes full of crap in the past?

cpatbay
09-22-2013, 3:30 PM
Predictable. Nothing surprising.

Sabesimpson
09-22-2013, 3:38 PM
Didn't anyone get the memo?
All of this gun ban and registration is so dems can take our guns and give them to the Syrian rebels!!! Lol

Johnny_Utah
09-22-2013, 4:01 PM
I am, he is going to let all the anti gun legislation slip through without touching it.

Not 100 percent chance, but most likely scenario.

I concur. I think this may be the ultimate scenario as well but I have been aggressively sending out emails, physical mail and phone calls voicing my opposition. At least I know that I am doing all I personally can.

Hopefully brother, we are both wrong:)

SuperSet
09-22-2013, 5:40 PM
Post-Navy Yard, no new guns push from Joe Manchin

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/09/navy-yard-shooting-joe-manchin-guns-96921.html

Thank you Colorado!

SPROCKET
09-22-2013, 7:27 PM
Well he's gotta go after gun owners and the NRA. If he went after the folks actually pulling the trigger (young, black and urban), he'd alienate one of his key constituencies and disrupt the "It's all the fault of the dumb white red necks." narrative.

Michael Ehline
09-22-2013, 8:19 PM
Obama is a complete tyrant. It is him and his democrat buddy's fault that guns are not allowed on military bases for the good guys. Did you hear his speech? Once side of his mouth "second amendment", the other side he mentions Britain and former Brtish prison colony, Australia, where everyone is disarmed. Molon Labe, impeach, recall NOW!

teg33
09-22-2013, 9:16 PM
jerry is not an appointed lord, his duty as ca's chief executive is spelled out quite clearly:

I, Jerry Brown, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of the State of California against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of the State of California; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties upon which I am about to enter.
Well so Obama also taking the similar oath, but now.... You can judge Obama policies

Springfield45
09-22-2013, 10:10 PM
Obama is pushing for more background checks to buy guns. The Navy yard Murderer passed two background checks and it did not stop anything. One for the Shotgun he bought and a extensive background check for his Navy clearance.

CalBear
09-22-2013, 10:34 PM
Obama is pushing for more background checks to buy guns. The Navy yard Murderer passed two background checks and it did not stop anything. One for the Shotgun he bought and a extensive background check for his Navy clearance.
He doesn't care enough to tailor his 'fixes' to the scenario. He'll just lie and use his media buddies to cover for him. The Navy shooter passed background checks and used a Biden-approved shotgun. Obama's solution will still be background checks and AWB.

voiceofreason
09-23-2013, 2:28 AM
Why is he working so hard to disarm Americans... while arming Al Queda on the other side of the world?

edgerly779
09-23-2013, 2:40 AM
The navy was made aware that the shooter had mental health issues by law enforcement along with someone at hewlett packard this is not a gun control issue. He should have been evaluated and stripped of access to sensitve areas and firearms. Some agency in DC screwed the pooch on this.

wjc
09-23-2013, 9:51 PM
Why is he working so hard to disarm Americans... while arming Al Queda on the other side of the world?

Your answer lies in the first paragraph of this wiki page.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quisling

BlueRidge62
09-24-2013, 3:56 AM
Obummer is practically a lame duck. After the last gun push fail, Syria debacle, Debt ceiling lies, budget comedy, Bengazi farce, fast & furious idiocy, and all his golf outings during national crises he can do nothing right. Federally it's a non-issue. The guy couldn't get a sandwich made in D.C. Our problem is right here at home.

I agree..In the mid terms watch as dems go running away from Obama in an effort to stay in office..nobody on a state level will listen to him or Bidden now..or risk what happened in Colorado happening to them...