PDA

View Full Version : Remember the Movie "The Day After"???

Darryl Licht
09-21-2013, 3:13 PM
I was flipping channels and watched a special on the 80's.
They were talking about the movie "The Day After" and how Hollywood helped change our attitudes towards nuclear weapons.
Even good old Ronald Reagan was moved by that film. May he R.I.P.!

That got me thinking...

Why not a Hollywood feature film based on a future where our current rights are stripped away?
Showing what our founding fathers feared the most.
Perhaps if done properly, that could change liberals attitudes towards guns and gun rights?

What do you think?

Mark in Eureka
09-21-2013, 5:09 PM
They have. The movie is "1984"

Sakiri
09-21-2013, 5:26 PM

What he said.

POLICESTATE
09-21-2013, 5:29 PM
This one hopefully coming up:

Gy7FVXERKFE

Bruce
09-24-2013, 3:13 PM
Why not a Hollywood feature film based on a future where our current rights are stripped away?
Showing what our founding fathers feared the most.
Perhaps if done properly, that could change liberals attitudes towards guns and gun rights?

What do you think?

Never happen. Hollywierd is too enamored of B. Hussein and the Demonkrats to put out anything that goes against their Communist agenda.

OldShooter32
09-24-2013, 3:15 PM
Watch "The Pianist" and you will get a good idea of what's coming.

RobertMW
09-25-2013, 9:38 AM
http://woody.typepad.com/files/gun_control_schindlers_list.jpg

Tolerance
09-25-2013, 11:52 AM
I would pay to see it! (are you listening Hollywood?)

Anyways, I think any pro-2A message in a movie would be great. I think a remake of 1984 would be great, too (they've re-made everything else).

Maybe you don't "need" Hollywood, though. I think that a bunch of College/University students and volunteers with HD cameras and editing software could make and edit a movie. Distribution and advertising would be the tough part, I guess. Maybe put it out as a torrent for free?

I say, go for it. Maybe publish a short story, a short youtube video and drum up some funding.

skyblue
09-26-2013, 4:16 PM
..I thought that "The Patriot" with Mel Gibson was about the best argument Hollywood ever made about the importance of the 2nd Amendment. Other films like "Schindler's List" and those dealing with Nazi Germany also do, but don't hit as close to home as "The Patriot" does.

LMTluvr
10-02-2013, 3:31 PM
Because that's what liberals want. No rights and a "large and in charge" government.
Besides, you don't want the minions realizing how handy that AR and standard capacity magazines may be IF something bad were to happen. Then they'll go buy them :)

chris
10-02-2013, 7:23 PM

exactly. we are living it today. and more so in this state than anywhere else.

Sutcliffe
10-08-2013, 7:52 AM
Watch "The Pianist" and you will get a good idea of what's coming.

Wasn't Child predator Roman Polanski given a standing ovation by the audience at the Oscars for his work on this film?
That pretty much convinced me I will never watch that film.

21SF
10-08-2013, 10:46 AM
Some movies have an underlying message, to me at least.

Even Hunger Games gives a fictional peak at what happens when the gov has all the control.