PDA

View Full Version : Journalism prof placed on leave after anti-NRA tweet

Darryl Licht
09-21-2013, 1:12 PM
EL EMM AY OHHH....

http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/journalism-prof-placed-leave-after-anti-nra-tweet-4B11222083

He got exactly what he deserved!

teetsjones
09-21-2013, 1:24 PM
Second Liberal in a week to wish harm to kids. Of course it's no surprise after creating a circus on the dead bodies of children. Ironic how they exploit children.

mossy
09-21-2013, 1:27 PM
Good.

BroncoBob
09-21-2013, 3:08 PM
The question is, is he still receiving a pay check?

Sunday
09-21-2013, 3:46 PM
Second Liberal in a week to wish harm to kids. Of course it's no surprise after creating a circus on the dead bodies of children. Ironic how they exploit children.
You have to realize that libtards think all children should have been aborted preferably late term.

voiceofreason
09-21-2013, 4:40 PM
Didn't realize what he looked like

he fits the NRA stereotype

Dvrjon
09-21-2013, 10:20 PM
:mad:The question is, is he still receiving a pay check?

"Indefinite administrative leave" means he gets his paycheck. :mad:

POLICESTATE
09-21-2013, 10:32 PM
At least they yanked him from the classroom, it's a start. Hopefully they simply dismiss him soon.

seo
09-22-2013, 9:52 AM
So its Ok to support the Constitutional rights on the 2nd amendment but why are so many not supporting this guys rights to free speech at the same time?

If people don't like what he says they can send their kids to school somewhere else.

Edvil91
09-22-2013, 11:59 AM
So its Ok to support the Constitutional rights on the 2nd amendment but why are so many not supporting this guys rights to free speech at the same time?

If people don't like what he says they can send their kids to school somewhere else.

You go to school to get educated, not listen to somebody's rant. He was not doing his job! I'm in college right now...I'd firing half of the campus, they're a bunch of morons that ***** about their life problems and politics.

dave_cg
09-22-2013, 7:25 PM

You are free to speak your mind, but not free of the consequences of speaking your mind. Also, you don't have a constitutional right to what is called "hate speech" -- inciting others to the crime of murder against a particular group, for instance.

1A free speech rights have time/place/manner restrictions. Want to call Senator Yee an illogical idiot? Totally protected political speech. Want to yell 'fire' in a crowded theater? Potentially deadly pranks are not given much 1A protection.

SonofWWIIDI
09-22-2013, 7:38 PM
http://www.hayspost.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/David-Guth.jpg

http://myamericanodyssey.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/John_Wayne_Gacy.jpg

Anybody else see a resemblance?

AlaskaGuy
09-22-2013, 9:24 PM
"I respect their First Amendment rights and it would be nice if they would respect mine," Guth said. "And, by the way, I even respect their Second Amendment rights.

"Frankly, my plan is to be the calm in the center of the storm," Guth said.
----

How odd of him to say he respects our second amendment rights after saying what he said.

Untamed1972
09-23-2013, 8:01 AM

Or as customers of the school who pay alot of money to send their kids there, they can complain to management about someone on the staff providing "substandard service" and let the management decide how to best serve their customers. Which they did.

You have a 1A right to free speech, but when done so in the context of your employment, if that reflects poorly on your employer you should expect some consequences from that.

Ever notice hoe the liberal gungrabbers and gun haters always try to pain gun owners as potential murders and crazies.....yet THEY are always the ones advocating for violence against gun owners and the NRA or wishing death and violence on their families?