PDA

View Full Version : McDonald's and Dunkin' Donuts (incl Baskin-Robbins) re Guns

Paladin
09-20-2013, 5:48 PM
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/heres-mcdonalds-dunkin-donuts-had-211403243.html

Bottom line: corporate for both say their restaurants abide by federal, state, and local laws BUT Mickey Dees said local franchisees make decisions re. Open Carry.

(Mods: move to general Guns Discussion if you think best.)

voiceofreason
09-21-2013, 8:24 AM
posted in comments from an article (don't remember where)

crismo99 on Sep 20, 5:30 PM said:
In an open letter from Howard Schultz to ask the public not to bring guns into Starbucks I have decided to agree to his request.
http://www.starbucks.com/blog/an-open-letter-from-howard-schultz/1268
Apparently I am a non desirable customer who has been coming to starbucks for years.
I am given Starbucks coffee cards on a regular bases from my wife who is given cards as a gift at work from co workers and from clients.
It has almost become a form of money with my fellow workers and clients as a way to say thanks!
So as of today I have given the three cards in my wallet and two additional cards I had at home totaling $78.54 to five different homeless people. Apparently Starbucks considers this portion of the population to be more desirable customers.
I will be giving every card I am given to another homeless person as I am sure they would like to get in out of the rain and enjoy a nice hot cup of coffee and a clean restroom here in Portland OR
I encourage everyone to do their part to help a homeless person feed themselves and why not at Starbucks.
They can even sit for hours out of the rain just like all the Hipsters do.
I am sure this new group of customers will help sales as they will be wanting to come back often.
I will never walk into another Starbucks as I am now an undesirable paying customer.
I will not give Starbucks cards to anyone else as there are many good coffee houses in the Portland area.

stilly
09-21-2013, 12:54 PM
LoL. That is great. Even getting 10 $5.00 gift cards and pasing them out to homeless people would be funny to do...

fr33domfightr
09-22-2013, 8:38 PM
LoL. That is great. Even getting 10 $5.00 gift cards and pasing them out to homeless people would be funny to do...

Maybe its better to make it $10, then they can have a pastry to go with their coffee.

Then they can take the load off their feet, sit down, enjoy the pastry, savor the coffee, and read the paper to boot!

Tincon
09-23-2013, 10:57 AM

They will sell them for cash to buy the things homeless people buy.

Dr.Lou
09-23-2013, 12:45 PM
I always thought that they steal their shopping carts. ;)

broofy
10-06-2013, 11:15 PM
Really? I'm sorry, that's asinine.

Starbucks is a business, not a pawn in a political issue tug-o-war. They just want to sell coffee and be left alone. "Gun rights advocates" going out of their way to drag them into an issue they asked not to be dragged into is what made them take the stand they did. It's a business, and private property. Do you really think its a good idea to further encourage harassing a formerly neutral party that has already been pushed away by people using them for political grandstanding that drives away their business?

I'm all for standing up for my rights. I'm all for civil disobedience. But Starbucks is the wrong venue and stupidity like this can only blowback and hurt 2A by making us look more like a bunch of juveniles.

Like it or not, gun owners are a minority. While I'm perfectly comfortable standing up for myself even though it makes others uncomfortable, a coffee chain is the wrong venue.

morfeeis
10-07-2013, 3:29 PM
They will sell them for cash to buy the things homeless people buy.
That was my first thought after i got over the emotional high of revenge.