PDA

View Full Version : another shooting chicago

eMerG636
09-20-2013, 1:12 AM
Get your story
http://news.yahoo.com/boy-3-among-12-injured-chicago-park-shooting-072845118.html

ivanimal
09-20-2013, 1:25 AM
Obama's home town is so nice in the summer...............Makes me want to visit.:rolleyes:.

Liquidasphalt
09-20-2013, 1:34 AM
Why isn't this being blasted all over the news? Maybe because it shows gun laws don't do anything to stop criminals?

Sent from my fingers to your face

pastureofmuppets
09-20-2013, 2:47 AM
She told the Sun-Times there hasn't been much gun violence in the neighborhood in recent years, adding the neighborhood went from good to bad 10 years ago, to better recently.

Sounds better sweetheart...

Marcus von W.
09-20-2013, 4:00 AM
Why isn't this being blasted all over the news? Maybe because it shows gun laws don't do anything to stop criminals?

Sent from my fingers to your face

Crimes committed by a politically protected class (race - "dreadlocked men") tend to get downplayed more than if the shooter was White, instead of one of "Obama's sons".

Notice that the huffing, puffing (I won't say what they puff), shrieking, squealing, gibbering, jabbering, smearing feces on the wall, left-wing "anti-gun marching band" of the usual Constitutional Rights haters has also been rather quiet about the Washington Navy Yard shooting by Obama's other son.

AceGirlsHusband
09-20-2013, 4:59 AM
Chicago is the penultimate example of gun-restriction failure. It is an example of where Oakland is going if they're not careful. Any 12 year old can buy a handgun on a street corner for $100. Rahm Emmanuel doesn't even know what goes on in his ghettoes, and could honestly care less.

O'hare International should change its name to LZ Oscar.

Granite
09-20-2013, 5:13 AM
:oji:They must need more gun laws

Ford8N
09-20-2013, 5:45 AM
Crimes committed by a politically protected class (race - "dreadlocked men") tend to get downplayed more than if the shooter was White, instead of one of "Obama's sons".

Notice that the huffing, puffing (I won't say what they puff), shrieking, squealing, gibbering, jabbering, smearing feces on the wall, left-wing "anti-gun marching band" of the usual Constitutional Rights haters has also been rather quiet about the Washington Navy Yard shooting by Obama's other son.

Yes

cire raeb
09-20-2013, 6:07 AM
After what happend in Chicago, AB180 may not be such a great idea. VETO iT!!!!!

kalimus
09-20-2013, 6:40 AM
Gang related? Say it isn't so! How did those criminals get their guns with all of the laws in place to protect the people?!

Dave A
09-20-2013, 6:49 AM
They will just say that the guns are coming in from downstate, or from a neighboring state with lax gun laws, just as Bloomberg has. Of course that is a double edged sword, as those other areas don't have people shooting each other on a daily basis because of gang affiliation, or because someone looked at them wrong, or just "because".

gogohopper
09-20-2013, 7:03 AM
is it really too hard to search for "chicago" before posting a nationwide story: dupe
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=826014

Lost.monkey
09-20-2013, 8:38 AM
Oh come on. Boys will be boys. So what if they head out for some saturday night fun and blow off some steam by shooting innocent people?

They are, after all, misguided youth who just need a helping hand.

:hide:

ChrisC
09-20-2013, 10:10 AM
Meanwhile people are shot and killed in many other cities every day but people like to concentrate on Chicago because Obama is from there.:facepalm:

rexbo47
09-20-2013, 10:20 AM
Meanwhile people are shot and killed in many other cities every day but people like to concentrate on Chicago because it's rife with corruption, run by uber-liberals, has some of the most draconian anti-gun laws in the nation AND Obama is from there.:facepalm:

Fify

Sportsmans_Arms_Gabe
09-20-2013, 10:27 AM
13 shot...a 3 year old amongst them. Terrible...it's my home state and I'm always shocked how the crazy murder rate there isn't considered a national tragedy like the Newtown shooting...since most of the murders are under age 18.

I'm also always shocked to hear when a 3 year old child is out at 10:15 at night. God forbid we ever talk about environments, lack of parents, etc...let's just continue thinking that these guns jump up, load themselves, get in cars and find victims to randomly fire at.

ja308
09-20-2013, 10:43 AM
Meanwhile people are shot and killed in many other cities every day but people like to concentrate on Chicago because Obama is from there.:facepalm:

No we focus on Chicago because it is the community organized by Barack!

It is a perfect example of a gun free city run by anti gun liberals and completely dominated by the democrat party .

Because democrats control every aspect of Chicago, it is financialy bankrupt and featured one of the highest murder rates of any large city .
I tried to get decent data but the sites used homocide rates as opposed to murder rates . As you know the 2 are not interchangeable .

As a democrat you may enjoy the following quote from the Chicago "red eye "

Homicide rates of large U.S. cities Chicago officials have taken a lot of heat this summer over the rising homicide numbers compared to this time in 2011. Though Chicago has logged more homicides than any other U.S. city, it does not have the highest homicide rate. RedEye took a look at how Chicago's rate compares to other large U.S. cities and cities that reported more than 100 homicides last year. Numbers come from the cities' respective police departments. Rates are per 100,000 residents.

Read more at http://www.redeyechicago.com/news/redeye-homicide-rates-of-large-us-cities-20120724,0,1457967.photogallery#rUj6hdhdZaHIB65G.9 9

e90bmw
09-20-2013, 10:55 AM
If you check the crime statistics for the last decade you will find that the places with the most restrictive gun control laws have not seen a decrease in gun violence.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_violence_in_the_United_States_by_state

There is no statistical correlation between gun laws and crime.
The correlation is more related to population density and socioeconomic levels.

To put it simply, crime is higher in areas with no jobs. DUH!

sirgrumps
09-20-2013, 11:00 AM
Shootings in Chicago are nothing special.
It's an everyday occurrence.
Over 500 people were murdered last year.
That's almost 1.5 person a day MURDERED last year.

BTW, Chicago has been run by Democrats forever.
Just like Detroit.

Nor*Cal
09-20-2013, 11:18 AM
Chicago really needs to look into implementing more gun laws!! Even better, they should just turn the state into a "Gang Free Zone". It's that easy!

Peaceful John
09-20-2013, 11:55 AM
It's been reported (google) that homicide rates in a given population reflect the ancestral home of the population. Thus homicide rates in a white community mirror western Europe; in a black community, Africa, and in a Hispanic neighborhood, Central and South America. It is reasonable to hypothesize that perhaps if the black and Hispanic contributions were removed American homicide rates would be similar to western Europe.

As a quickie "back of the envelope" analysis of 2010 / 2011 homicides, the overall USA rate was 3.6 per 100,000. The white contribution was 0.51 per 100,000 population. As a reference, the latter number is above Sweden (0.41), below Taiwan (0.56), and exactly equal to Canada (0.51).

Counterpoints: (01) Figures for "all homicides" and "gun only" were used interchangeably, and (02) the data comes from consecutive years. It is unknown if either or both of these caveats is material.

Sources of data:

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr...e-data-table-1

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/homicide.htm

http://www.theguardian.com/news/data...hip-world-list

battleship
09-20-2013, 11:13 PM
Let me get this straight known gang members and a 3 year old child were shot at by other Gang members in a bad neighborhood of Chicago, and the Police superintendent at a press conference goes on a war cry about illegal guns and military style weapons should be outlawed, no place in civilized society for such weapons, he tells the crowed. Absolutely nothing on the real cause and effect which is the overwhelming cancer on our civilized society GANGS and there breeding grounds. I am sorry but if you are affiliated with a gang and known to the police even if your not committing a crime. You should be locked up and hopefully reconditioned. It is useless to think that reducing the flow of guns or an out right ban will change or stem the tide of violence from such morons. Until the time comes when we have the ability and power to dismantle gangs nothing will change. Yet in cases like this all we hear about is the blatant attack on guns as if they have minds of there own or the ability to influence anybody in possession of one to suddenly become evil.
With millions of guns and thousands or AR15 rifles in the hands of law abiding citizens why is it that none of us go on mass rampages.
I am so sick of this blame game and the constant focus on the gun and virtually no focus on the very root of the problem in this case gang members. Its the failure of the city of Chicago and the people put in charge to deal with social problems that are completely out of control. They don't seem to want to face the real truth instead opting for an easy culprit. With this mindset guns or gun bans there will always be killings like this one.