PDA

View Full Version : Legally CCW in Starbucks nationwide ALL YOU WANT

Ronin2
09-19-2013, 11:35 AM
just be adults, civil and as yoru CCW demans of you.. discreet. THE CEO of starbucks has NOT made his stores a gun free zone, as is his right.

The Starbucks CEO has simply asked that gun owners have some respect for other customers in his stores that may, rightly or wrongly, be upset or concerned with the presence of semi auto rifles and open holstered handguns. Starbucks has a fine line to walk to please everyone.

Starbucks should be APPLAUDED FOR NOT taking the easy way out by prohibiting all guns including CCW's in their stores.

naeco81
09-19-2013, 12:59 PM
just be adults, civil and as yoru CCW demans of you.. discreet. THE CEO of starbucks has NOT made his stores a gun free zone, as is his right.

The Starbucks CEO has simply asked that gun owners have some respect for other customers in his stores that may, rightly or wrongly, be upset or concerned with the presence of semi auto rifles and open holstered handguns. Starbucks has a fine line to walk to please everyone.

Starbucks should be APPLAUDED FOR NOT taking the easy way out by prohibiting all guns including CCW's in their stores.

Yup.

voiceofreason
09-20-2013, 6:55 AM
They can't afford to lose all the pro-gun customers.

They're working as hard as possible to remain "neutral", even though the CEO is rabidly anti-civil rights.

Maestro Pistolero
09-20-2013, 9:58 AM

Ayup!

Ninety
09-20-2013, 10:12 AM
Another Starbucks thread?

The CEO is a political activist.. He stated he does not want your CCW gun in his stores either. Unless you are LEO or Mil

omgwtfbbq
09-20-2013, 10:33 AM
Another Starbucks thread?

The CEO is a political activist.. He stated he does not want your CCW gun in his stores either. Unless you are LEO or Mil

My response to this is.... And?

CCW is concealed. How the heck are they going to know if you have a firearm or not? They have no power to search you, and if you are CCWing right, they shouldn't ever see the gun.

Not seeing the issue here.

Darryl Licht
09-20-2013, 12:04 PM
If there is a sign posted at the door you are in violation of the law, are you not???

I agree that Starbucks employees cannot search you, but what if an undercover officer noticed your "gun bulge" in line? What then?

durandal
09-20-2013, 12:06 PM
If there is a sign posted at the door you are in violation of the law, are you not???

I agree that Starbucks employees cannot search you, but what if an undercover officer noticed your "gun bulge" in line? What then?

Only if you refuse to leave, hence tresspassing, am i correct?

FresnoRob
09-20-2013, 12:12 PM

Applauded? No. In my opinion his first message didn't want any guns in Starbucks. He back peddled when I assume someone pointed out LEOs may stay away.
So he tries to undo that with his second message.
They have not banned guns yet, it's just a request. But he's NOT pro 2a.

DBoz
09-20-2013, 12:17 PM

In California, those signs carry no force of law. All they can do is ask you to leave. If you refuse, then you are trespassing and the police may become involved.

That being said, make sure you are abiding by the rules laid down by the issuer of your permit. Bottom line, concealed is concealed. If you're doing it right, no one should know it is there but you.

omgwtfbbq
09-20-2013, 12:22 PM

There is no sign on the door sawing that you are in violation of a law, simply that they don't want you to carry in their stores. People are still getting a "gun free zone" and a private company making a policy confused.

Worst case scenario if an LEO or employee sees your "bulge" the is the same as if you carried in another retailer or privately owned property where the owner has already discouraged carry (such as Home Depot, Lowes, and Cinemark). They can ask you to remove the firearm from the property. If you refuse, they can ask you to leave. If you refuse to leave, they can contact local LE and you can be cited for trespassing not for carrying a gun in a "gun free zone"

And in the very same statement that everyone is talking the Starbucks CEO stated very planly that if a person is found to me in legal possession of a firearm in their store "They will not be asked to leave."

mjmagee67
09-20-2013, 1:08 PM

BINGO so many people have gotten their panties all bunched up on this non-issue. People need to show respect for other people's businesses, if you walk in to most gun stores with a AR slung over your shoulder they are going to ask WTF!

mjmagee67
09-20-2013, 1:14 PM
Applauded? No. In my opinion his first message didn't want any guns in Starbucks. He back peddled when I assume someone pointed out LEOs may stay away.
So he tries to undo that with his second message.
They have not banned guns yet, it's just a request. But he's NOT pro 2a.

Rod, Starbucks is a friggin coffee shop not a political origination, they want to sell coffee not make some statement. They ask nicely not to bring guns, BUT if you do you will still be served as any other customer. They have said as much. All the over the top pro A2 people made this into a situation that Starbucks felt they had to make a statement. Hell most gun stored require you to bring in rifles in a case not slung over your shoulder, like some were doing in other states at Starbucks.

Hoop
09-20-2013, 1:20 PM
BINGO so many people have gotten their panties all bunched up on this non-issue. People need to show respect for other people's businesses, if you walk in to most gun stores with a AR slung over your shoulder they are going to ask WTF!

Starbucks didn't 'ban' anyone or anything either. Some people just want to complain about everything.

spetsnaz
09-20-2013, 1:25 PM
My response to this is.... And?

CCW is concealed. How the heck are they going to know if you have a firearm or not? They have no power to search you, and if you are CCWing right, they shouldn't ever see the gun.

Not seeing the issue here.

/thread:rolleyes:

pastureofmuppets
09-20-2013, 8:01 PM
He is not a political activist. Do your own research.

Ninety
09-20-2013, 8:45 PM
He is not a political activist. Do your own research.

you were saying?

Stance on Gay Marriage (http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/03/25/starbucks-ceo-doubles-down-on-gay-marriage-support-telling-shareholder-to-sell-stake-if-he-doesnt-like-views/)

Calls on other CEOs to stop political contributions (http://www.reputation-communications.com/blog/2011/08/18/starbucks-ceo-howard-schultz-shines-as-citizen-activist/)

Obama shows significant leadership (http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2012/11/01/obama-schultz-starbucks-endorsement/1675237/)

He is in deed very active in the political arena.. and I have no problem with that.. I think more CEO's should be .. I think everyone should be more active.

But to ignore that he has taken or now publicly voiced his Anti 2A stance is naive to say the least.

fr33domfightr
09-21-2013, 12:46 AM
The reason the CEO said it wasn't a ban is because if it was a ban, the employees would be put in the position of asking the patron to leave. And the CEO didn't want to put the employees in that position, with someone carrying a gun, hence not a ban. He just asks you to do the right thing, meaning carrying into the store is the wrong thing. He wants you to remove your gun from the store. That probably means leaving it in your car.

Lone_Gunman
09-21-2013, 8:35 AM
The reason the CEO said it wasn't a ban is because if it was a ban, the employees would be put in the position of asking the patron to leave. And the CEO didn't want to put the employees in that position, with someone carrying a gun, hence not a ban. He just asks you to do the right thing, meaning carrying into the store is the wrong thing. He wants you to remove your gun from the store. That probably means leaving it in your car.

Well, for me the right thing is carrying pretty much everywhere. So I will continue to do so.

voiceofreason
09-21-2013, 9:25 AM
posted in comments from an article (don't remember where)

crismo99 on Sep 20, 5:30 PM said:
In an open letter from Howard Schultz to ask the public not to bring guns into Starbucks I have decided to agree to his request.
http://www.starbucks.com/blog/an-open-letter-from-howard-schultz/1268
Apparently I am a non desirable customer who has been coming to starbucks for years.
I am given Starbucks coffee cards on a regular bases from my wife who is given cards as a gift at work from co workers and from clients.
It has almost become a form of money with my fellow workers and clients as a way to say thanks!
So as of today I have given the three cards in my wallet and two additional cards I had at home totaling $78.54 to five different homeless people. Apparently Starbucks considers this portion of the population to be more desirable customers.
I will be giving every card I am given to another homeless person as I am sure they would like to get in out of the rain and enjoy a nice hot cup of coffee and a clean restroom here in Portland OR
I encourage everyone to do their part to help a homeless person feed themselves and why not at Starbucks.
They can even sit for hours out of the rain just like all the Hipsters do.
I am sure this new group of customers will help sales as they will be wanting to come back often.
I will never walk into another Starbucks as I am now an undesirable paying customer.
I will not give Starbucks cards to anyone else as there are many good coffee houses in the Portland area.

mag360
09-27-2013, 8:37 PM
They can put a sign up all they want but until there is a metal detector at the door I will carry there. The guy was just sick of open carry morons with ARs scaring sheep. If people just open carried on their normal day and happened to stop by this would never have happened.

woods
09-27-2013, 8:57 PM
We sabotage our own causes by trying to force a company to be a pro gun icon without asking them. They just want to sell coffee.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 4

Discogodfather
09-27-2013, 9:15 PM
The latest trend is to combine CCW with open carry. That's where you conceal a weapon but wear a T-Shirt that says "I don't dial 911" and tout a sign saying "I am CCW".

It's called Concopen carry and Starbucks is cool wit dat.