View Full Version : Today is Constitution Day (9/17/13) - Obama (really)

09-18-2013, 9:55 AM
"I, BARACK OBAMA, President of the United States of America, do hereby proclaim September 17, 2013, as Constitution Day and Citizenship Day, and September 17 through September 23, 2013, as Constitution Week"

Yesterday,9/17/2013, was "Constitution Day," a day dedicated to teaching Federal Employees and school students about the constitution.

I saw this and thought it was a good opportunity for some local 2nd Amendment activity. I'm writing to the local schools to see if they celebrated the day as required and that they teach the 2nd Amendment correctly. Mostly, I want to make sure the officials see that there are gun rights supporters in CA and that we're watching what they do. I hope that you will join me in asking your kids/your local schools (even if you don't have kids) if they taught the Second Amendment is an individual right. Here are the questions I thought up (maybe you have some better ones).

- Did the school celebrate Constitution Day? How?
- Is the Second Amendment taught to be an individual right as recently reaffirmed by the Supreme Court in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)?
- Is the full text of the Second Amendment shown to the students?

PS Some informational links:
Obama's Proclamation:

Constitution Day Wikipedia: