PDA

View Full Version : Is this confirmed? Shooter TRIED to buy Ar15 but couldn't so bought Shotgun instead?

SoCalGunny
09-17-2013, 9:14 PM
Ive been watching the anti gun networks to see their spin on these things and on the idiot Maddow's show she said that NEW reports are showing that the SCUM shooter TRIED to buy an AR15 in Virginia but being that he was a Texas resident that he could not buy an AR15 so thats why he bought the Rem 870 Shotgun.

Now being a former resident from Texas I was able to buy long guns from certain different states and did while on a hunting trip in Colorado when the hunt was kind of last minute and I needed a Rifle but the only restriction was pistols.

We all know they are full of crap when it comes to guns probably at least 95% of the time but since I don't know and I can't find the laws im searching for over the last hour im turning to Calguns to see if this is true or not.

Being a prior resident of Texas I knew people that bought AR's while attending places like Gunsite where a spot opened up and they were there for Pistol courses and got an AR while there and it was legal but not sure if Virginia has a different law?

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/18/us/state-law-stopped-gunman-from-buying-rifle-officials-say.html?_r=0

WASHINGTON — The suspect in the killing of 12 people at the Washington Navy Yard on Monday test-fired an AR-15 assault rifle at a Virginia gun store last week but was stopped from buying one because state law there prohibits the sale of such weapons to out-of-state buyers, according to two senior law enforcement officials.

CU2XE4b1vac

ExtremeX
09-17-2013, 9:46 PM
... adding that he used shotgun shells that had roughly a dozen large ball-bearing-like shots in them, increasing their lethal nature.

“When he discharged, the pieces of lead would spread the farther they went,” the one official said. “It is similar to weapons used in bird shooting but on a more serious scale. These were not bullets but many small pieces of lead flying through the air...

Could have just said Buckshot... These guys will say anything to demonize the gun.

tonelar
09-17-2013, 9:49 PM
False, he could have legally bought anything. That's the NYTimes not checking their sources.

SoCalGunny
09-17-2013, 9:57 PM
video i saw added to the original post.

kaligaran
09-18-2013, 9:49 AM
I heard he had a fully automatic AR15 pump shotgun.

RobertMW
09-18-2013, 10:08 AM
I heard he had a fully automatic AR15 pump shotgun.

Um.... I don't know where you learned about guns, but it was a self aware AK-16 laser weapon with an underslung nuclear missile launcher with self replicating clips. :TFH:

SuperSet
09-18-2013, 10:24 AM
In Virginia, it is legal for out of state residents to purchase long guns, even though you are not a resident of VA.

"NON-VA Residents: Must be of legal age to purchase a firearm. Can only purchase long guns (rifles and shotguns) and must have the same forms of ID as VA residents. Driver's License from your State of residence and another ID that proves you live in that State. ALL LAWS OF BOTH STATES MUST BE COMPLIED WITH. You must fill out the paperwork and pass the background check, you can then take your firearm with you."

More info..

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/local/wp/2013/09/18/inside-sharpshooters-the-newington-gun-store-where-aaron-alexis-bought-his-shotgun/

"UPDATE, Wednesday, 1 p.m.: Slocum said that Alexis rented an AR-15 and used that on the Sharpshooters’ firing range. But when he was done, he did not ask about buying it. Instead, he asked about buying a handgun. Virginia laws do not allow dealers to sell directly to out-of-state customers, and Alexis was told a handgun would have to be shipped to a licensed dealer in his home state. However, out-of-state customers can purchase rifles and shotguns in Virginia, at which point Alexis chose the Remington shotgun."

wmtrp
09-18-2013, 7:52 PM
He took a page out of Joe Bidens book. You dont need a ar 15 just get a shot gun and fire two rounds in the air. How does that work for you Joe. Joe advocates the use of shot guns, I wonder what his stance on them is now? I bet he is eating crow and hope no one calls him on this.

18Dmedic
09-19-2013, 9:05 AM
It won't matter if they do call him on it. People were stupid enough to elect him...twice! Lol what's one stupid remark? He has eight years worth of dumb Shiite to cover it up with.

NytWolf
09-19-2013, 9:14 AM
He took a page out of Joe Bidens book. You dont need a ar 15 just get a shot gun and fire two rounds in the air. How does that work for you Joe. Joe advocates the use of shot guns, I wonder what his stance on them is now? I bet he is eating crow and hope no one calls him on this.

Joe Biden: "I never said that. Even if I did, that's not what I meant."

cr250chevy
09-19-2013, 9:19 AM

Check your facts! This was NOT a shot gun, it was a RIOT SHOTGUN, you know with a short barrel and high capacity magazine? The type only used by police and military?:oji::eek::eek::eek::eek:
(sarcasm)

This was published by media. This should concern all gun owners. First they called semi auto rifles "assault weapons." Now they call shotguns "RITO SHOTGUNS." they will continue to label guns in the worse possible way until everything is evil and banned.

Frito Bandido
09-19-2013, 9:24 AM
The guy obviously had poor judgement in choosing a Remington 870 instead of a Mossberg 500.

SuperSet
09-19-2013, 9:32 AM
Heard some scuttlebutt from range folks that he chose the 870 over the AR since it kept jamming on him during the rental.

doctor_vals
09-19-2013, 12:23 PM
Joe Biden: "I never said that. Even if I did, that's not what I meant."

Exactly :)

You forgot; that Biden should blame Bush, for what Biden said :facepalm:

emtmark
09-19-2013, 12:44 PM
The guy obviously had poor judgement in choosing a Remington 870 instead of a Mossberg 500.

Zing!