PDA

View Full Version : RIP Gun Control

SuperSet
09-17-2013, 6:02 PM
After Navy Yard shooting, RIP for gun control

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/dana-milbank-after-navy-yard-shooting-rip-for-gun-control/2013/09/17/c95fb606-1fd4-11e3-94a2-6c66b668ea55_story.html?hpid=z3

"Obama continues to favor gun control, which he reiterated Tuesday when asked by Telemundo in an interview. But the issue, for the foreseeable future, is settled: Gun control is dead.

Days earlier in Colorado, voters tossed out two state senators because they had supported laws requiring background checks for gun transfers and limiting the capacity of ammunition clips. That dashed hopes that gun-control advances could be made in the states if not in Washington."

Malthusian
09-17-2013, 6:09 PM
After Navy Yard shooting, RIP for gun control

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/dana-milbank-after-navy-yard-shooting-rip-for-gun-control/2013/09/17/c95fb606-1fd4-11e3-94a2-6c66b668ea55_story.html?hpid=z3

"Obama continues to favor gun control, which he reiterated Tuesday when asked by Telemundo in an interview. But the issue, for the foreseeable future, is settled: Gun control is dead.

Days earlier in Colorado, voters tossed out two state senators because they had supported laws requiring background checks for gun transfers and limiting the capacity of ammunition clips - magazines - . That dashed hopes that gun-control advances could be made in the states if not in Washington."

nuance

wmtrp
09-18-2013, 7:56 PM
what it really means is that if you get elected you better pay attention to the people who put you in office. they got elected on one platform but decided once elected they would use another platform and ignore the people who put them in office. I bet they will think along time about their defeat at the hands of grass root people.

18Dmedic
09-19-2013, 9:00 AM
Not really. In 2007, Senator Obama was saying that when he takes office he was going to bring us all back home...immediately. His number one agenda he said! I'm freezing my nuts off here today in 2013. I don't think that they care about what we think.

You and I can do anything but as long as the rest of the country doesn't take it seriously, nothing will get better. We need to stand up for our rights TODAY! No one else is going to do it for us. I'm trying to talk to as many people as I can. But I will do more rallying when I get back. We need to get the public better informed. These liberals obviously have people on their side. We need more people on our side. It's an uphill battle but we will win in the end.

POLICESTATE
09-19-2013, 9:07 AM
The push for gun control will never die. It ebbs and flows, but it is always there.

Mulay El Raisuli
09-19-2013, 9:11 AM
Press secretary Jay Carney said the president “doesn’t accept that it’s the new normal.”

Maybe not. But the loss of hope for gun control is becoming a durable abnormal.

Actually, I'm pretty hopeful that the anti-Constitutionalists will take the hint. :)

The Raisuli

speedrrracer
09-19-2013, 10:24 AM
Gun control will never be dead, but after we kick some more antis out of office in next year's midterm elections, it'll be in a coma for a decade, at least on the national level.

Sakiri
09-19-2013, 10:26 AM
Just keep vigilant.

They want you to think it's over.