PDA

View Full Version : NBC writes story about the killer and AR15 is used in title

glock_this
09-17-2013, 4:20 PM
Not going to help our cause. Though the stories have been out that an AR was not used in the recent killings, now they wrote a whole story about him practicing with one days before the shooting.

"Aaron Alexis, the Washington Navy Yard shooter, rented an AR-15 semi-automatic rifle and used it for target practice at a Northern Virginia gun range and store less than two days before his shooting spree, according to the lawyer for the store."

And the focus & take away by anti 2A will be... "AR15"

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/09/17/20535835-washington-navy-yard-shooter-practiced-with-ar-15-at-virginia-range-two-days-before-rampage-lawyer-says?lite

(can move to general gun talk, maybe should have posted it there - my bad)

Wildhawk66
09-17-2013, 5:22 PM
Yep, clearly the liberal news agenda just cant help themselves these days. I was listening to KCBS on my way to work this morning and the reporter was talking about how an AR47 was used in the shooting... I about drove into a bridge abutment to make the shrill sound of biased, fact-less, liberal fear mongering stop.

NiMiK
09-17-2013, 5:30 PM
Why didn't the NICS system catch all the craziness behind this guy's past? I don't see why they don't question this issue.

glock_this
09-17-2013, 5:31 PM
I watch a show on HBO called "Newsweek". Fantastic show, one of the best on TV IMHO. Anyway, it is a fictional behind the scenes type show of a big nightly news show. On the show, you can see the ins and outs of how stories come to life. How some are killed for political reasons, how some are planted for other reasons. How some are suggested that they should go away, while others are suggested they should be reported.

In reading that story, nothing new was really covered (given the length of it) other than the opening part about the AR15 practice session. So I got to wonder, for those that love conspiracies, I wonder if someone in the current administration higher up contacts their news desk contact and says something to the effect of, "hey, we really need a story and it really needs to prominently mention the AR15 and we have this bit of info....".

And the next thing you know, the word AR15 is in a huge headline on a massive online news source with it having a negative slant given the story is about a mass murderer.

:TFH: ?

glock_this
09-17-2013, 5:36 PM
Why didn't the NICS system catch all the craziness behind this guy's past? I don't see why they don't question this issue.

They are. They are claiming the outsourced company that granted the security clearance cut corners, tried to save money and such and.. people slipped through. More is coming to light on this topic and you can bet the company that vetted his BG is in for a serious :CUSS: storm

G21Shooter
09-17-2013, 5:39 PM
Don't spread FUD, the shooter used a shotgun not a AR15!

SuperSet
09-17-2013, 5:40 PM

The federal standard for mental health-based gun denials is either involuntary commitment to a mental hospital or adjudication as a mental "defective'' by a judge. Neither of these apply in the gunman's case.

glock_this
09-17-2013, 5:43 PM
Don't spread FUD, the shooter used a shotgun not a AR15!

Who you talking to???

The War Wagon
09-17-2013, 5:44 PM
I'm more worried about losing my forks and spoons, since their recent report on Oprah suggested that's what made her fat... :rolleyes:

NiMiK
09-17-2013, 5:47 PM
They are. They are claiming the outsourced company that granted the security clearance cut corners, tried to save money and such and.. people slipped through. More is coming to light on this topic and you can bet the company that vetted his BG is in for a serious :CUSS: storm

If this is the case, both outsourced firm and the department or person who signed the contract with the lowest bidder should be held accountable, not the firearm(s). They essentially gave a prohibited person the green light to own a firearm.

NiMiK
09-17-2013, 5:49 PM
The federal standard for mental health-based gun denials is either involuntary commitment to a mental hospital or adjudication as a mental "defective'' by a judge. Neither of these apply in the gunman's case.

I found this article:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/contractor-would-not-have-hired-aaron-alexis-if-past-brushes-with-law-had-been-known/2013/09/17/e5bc83da-1faa-11e3-8459-657e0c72fec8_story.html

G21Shooter
09-17-2013, 5:55 PM
Who you talking to???

Anyone who still thinks the shooter used a AR15. He used a Remington 870 shotgun.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/17/us/navy-yard-shooting-main/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

SuperSet
09-17-2013, 5:57 PM
I found this article:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/contractor-would-not-have-hired-aaron-alexis-if-past-brushes-with-law-had-been-known/2013/09/17/e5bc83da-1faa-11e3-8459-657e0c72fec8_story.html

NICS is a different check than obtaining your Secret security clearance. I think some folks are confusing the two.

glock_this
09-17-2013, 5:58 PM
Anyone who still thinks the shooter used a AR15. He used a Remington 870 shotgun.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/17/us/navy-yard-shooting-main/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

I think that is well established at this stage.

The point of this thread is to point out despite the known shotgun, the AR15 still finds it's way tied to the story, in a negative way, on a massive new source, the next day. Keeping that thread dangling out there.

anthonyca
09-17-2013, 5:59 PM
You want to know how this pile of **** and others slip by? Your government is too busy spying on your text to your wife and stopping US citizens travelling in our country. Focus on criminals you idiots!

cpatbay
09-17-2013, 6:00 PM
They would still headline it if he "dreamed" of AR15 ... Libtards!

California44
09-17-2013, 6:01 PM
Problem with mental health is that libs will want to ban everyone who has ever taken a stress related med or drinks. That would ban about half or more of all Americans.

taifei
09-17-2013, 6:12 PM
They would still headline it if he "dreamed" of AR15 ... Libtards!

next breaking news will be how he had an ar15 shaped poptart for breakfast.

cpatbay
09-17-2013, 6:17 PM
I kept wondering how these liberals could survive a major war ... they think war will never come to them. They cannot be more wrong.

Ford8N
09-17-2013, 6:29 PM

Happens all the time on military bases. Scab subcontractors are hired to do work, they do "internal" security screening, the criminals, foreign spys, illegal aliens or mental nut cases get the pass. It's all about the low bid. National security or safety is secondary.

If this is the case, both outsourced firm and the department or person who signed the contract with the lowest bidder should be held accountable, not the firearm(s). They essentially gave a prohibited person the green light to own a firearm.

Ha, NEVER HAPPEN. This is the Government you are talking about. Cops work for the Government, they can arrest you for just about nothing, and they will still get their big fat public pension, regardless if they know the law or how to apply it. Government=no accountability

MichaelKent
09-17-2013, 9:41 PM
Wow this is just reeks of desperation, a pathetic effort to try and bring the AR-15 back into the agenda using the furthest possible stretch. Like "So we were wrong about the AR-15 being used.. But he rented one on a different day, so we were kind of but not really right? clearly we need to ban ' assault weapons' because they train people to kill... With.. Shotguns. Sure."

Problem with mental health is that libs will want to ban everyone who has ever taken a stress related med or drinks. That would ban about half or more of all Americans.

Seems like a pretty sneaky indirect outright ban. "Oh we're not banning guns, just making it so the mentally ill cant have them.. It just so happens that all Americans are mentally ill."

codypaint77
09-18-2013, 6:47 AM
We all know there are forces in the media that are biased/slanted when it comes to firearms. They are working hand and hand with Bloomberg. It doesn't matter what they say because we all ready their outcome will be negative.

teetsjones
09-18-2013, 7:05 AM
Any way to slant a story. It's like crediting Dale Jr. winning the Talladega 500 after practicing for a week in a top fuel funny car at the drag strip.

I wonder what the circumstances were when the charges were dropped when he shot out someones tires over some dispute. Seems there were one or two more instances. One was an accidental discharge while cleaning, don't recall if there was something else.

smogcity
09-18-2013, 7:26 AM
First person shooter Video Games obsession and SSRI anti-depressants used by the killer, no media curiosity let alone coverage...(Don't want to upset the drug makers/advertisers)

AR47/AK15 NOT used by the killer...Covered as if it was, Media curious if the evil assault weapon merely existing caused the shooting...

Did you expect anything different?

A-J
09-18-2013, 7:47 AM

Also, he was never CONVICTED of any disqualifying offenses. But the media would have everyone think that an arrest is a disqualifying event, which it is not.