PDA

View Full Version : CNN Story - Gun Control is not the answer

bubbapug1
09-17-2013, 12:46 PM
Amazing that CNN would put something out that actually is objective, but here it is.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/17/opinion/granderson-gun-control-fail/?hpt=us_mid

RMP91
09-17-2013, 1:46 PM
The author, as much as I disagree with him sometimes, actually gets something right for once!

mshill
09-17-2013, 1:58 PM
In the wake of the Washington Navy Yard killings, perhaps a new strategy, one that doesn't involve playing on the nation's emotions or challenging the relevance of the Second Amendment, should be employed.

I second this. He obviously wrote this piece from an "anti-violence" standpoint, and as such cannot logically espouse the standard anti-gun rhetoric.

diveRN
09-17-2013, 2:02 PM
A very strange departure for Granderson.

Maybe he's starting to get it.

DannyInSoCal
09-17-2013, 2:17 PM
I'd bet green money the delusional libtards are screaming for him to be fired...

VendetAR
09-17-2013, 2:22 PM
A very strange departure for Granderson.

Maybe he's starting to get it.

No, I think he knows that this time around, there is nothing from the antis agenda that he can play on.

Backround Checks? He passed it to get a shotgun and to get security clearance
Assault Weapons? He couldn't buy one in VA due to residency restrictions, so he decided to use what he could purchase.
Mental Health Screenings? He was being treated for mental illness and was involved in gun related incidents previously that he blamed on mental illness. He still passed whatever requirements were laid out for him.
Heavily Secured but gun free zone buildings? Walked right through and killed a host of unarmed people.

No law or prohibition that has been proposed would have stopped this person from doing what he did. With that said, the author of the story can't maintain credibility while espousing laws that have no bearing on what happened.

As much as I wish this didn't happen, at least this incident showed that strict gun control laws do little to nothing to stop a person set on killing people indiscriminately.

bubbapug1
09-17-2013, 2:34 PM
It seems to me the present laws are not being enforced if he could buy a gun and also had previous issues with guns and violence. Rather than take our rights away maybe the rat bastards need to start enforcing the stuff already on the books. Why they keep missing the obvious signs of mental illness with these shooters is a tragedy in itself.

Shows you don't need an AR to kill in numbers.

But like I think, all this gun control doesn't have a darn thing to do with gun control, its about people control, and the masters need a reason to disarm all the population....especially males with indenpedent streaks.

nastyhabts26
09-17-2013, 2:34 PM
No, I think he knows that this time around, there is nothing from the antis agenda that he can play on.

Assault Weapons? He couldn't buy one in VA due to residency restrictions, so he decided to use what he could purchase.
Mental Health Screenings? He was being treated for mental illness and was involved in gun related incidents previously that he blamed on mental illness. He still passed whatever requirements were laid out for him.
Heavily Secured but gun free zone buildings? Walked right through and killed a host of unarmed people.

No law or prohibition that has been proposed would have stopped this person from doing what he did. With that said, the author of the story can't maintain credibility while espousing laws that have no bearing on what happened.

As much as I wish this didn't happen, at least this incident showed that strict gun control laws do little to nothing to stop a person set on killing people indiscriminately.

You should E-mail this to the Governor

Untamed1972
09-17-2013, 3:31 PM
Because like it or not, the folks spraying our cities with bullets are not NRA members or legal gun owners. And despite the tendency to tie it all together, they have nothing to do with the Adam Lanzas of the world.

Totally correct!

Untamed1972
09-17-2013, 3:35 PM

I think the fact that he bought the gun legally is a show stopper for them because what it means is that the very thing they're pushing for more of failed to stop what they said it would.......so how can you then argue that more of it would make any difference.

To attempt such would mean that Gov't would have to openly admit it failed.