PDA

View Full Version : URGENT, Call your Rep and ask them to look at link - SSRI-Drugs and mass shootings

problemchild
09-17-2013, 10:00 AM
EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THE MASS SHOOTERS WAS TAKING AN ANTI DEPRESSANT. (http://www.ssristories.com/index.php?p=school) The latest Navy shipyard shooter, you guessed it, was on heavy anti-depressants. The school shooters were on drugs as well. Call and ask that the link be investigated and the drugs get banned.

angrypeccary
09-17-2013, 10:05 AM
sounds like the victims have a lawsuit against the big drug companies. hit em where it hurts in their pockets.

dave_cg
09-17-2013, 10:21 AM
Every time I say this on this forum I catch a lot of crap for it, but I'll say it again: We as gun owners need to be advocates for fixing the broken mental health care system in this country. It is in our own selfish best interest. The mental health care system is dysfunctional on many levels. The shooters are the tip of the iceberg. Why do we have people sleeping under bridges and living out of shopping carts in one of the world's wealthiest nations? These people are hurting, they need help, and they do not get it.

jaandrade3rd
09-17-2013, 10:22 AM
I seem to recall that some of the shooters had failed to taken their meds.

speedrrracer
09-17-2013, 11:24 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/18/us/washington-navy-yard-shootings.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Even the NY Times admits he was having heavy mental health issues.

The former Navy reservist who killed 12 people in a shooting rampage at the Washington Navy Yard on Monday had exhibited signs of mental illness dating back more than a decade, including a recent episode in which he complained about hearing voices and of people sending “vibrations to his body” to prevent him from sleeping, law enforcement officials said Tuesday.

problemchild
09-17-2013, 11:43 AM
Every time I say this on this forum I catch a lot of crap for it, but I'll say it again: We as gun owners need to be advocates for fixing the broken mental health care system in this country. It is in our own selfish best interest. The mental health care system is dysfunctional on many levels. The shooters are the tip of the iceberg. Why do we have people sleeping under bridges and living out of shopping carts in one of the world's wealthiest nations? These people are hurting, they need help, and they do not get it.

X100^^^^^^

The problem is the politicians LIKE the mass shootings as it gives them a reason to beat the gun control drums in public and on TV.

The drugs are like illegal aliens, the politicians get some benefit out of letting it happen.