PDA

View Full Version : Sure alot of activity today.

PistolPete75
01-14-2008, 12:01 PM
Everyone going gun crazy today. Haven't been like this for awhile. :0)

Good to see things are back to normal.

Prc329
01-14-2008, 12:05 PM
Lets see........

2 complete lowers sitting n my safe waiting for me to decided what I want to put on them. A 300 win mag I need to buy and a stripped lower I need to get the rest of the parts for so I can refinish it for the wife.

I think things are slowly returning to normal.

ar15barrels
01-14-2008, 2:18 PM
I got my 700 zeroed yesterday, but then my new rings came in today...
So do I swap out the rings and re-zero saturday, or just leave it alone?

I have the same quandry about a bunch of other parts that effect zero...
I have a muzzle brake sitting here that I would really like to install.
I also have another barrel sitting here with a muzzle brake already on it that I would like to install.
The thing is, if I yank the old barrel off to thread it, I would just put the new barrel on, but then I may need to re-size all my brass for the tighter chamber and I already have the load where I want it, the rifle zeroed and enough brass sized and loaded for this weekend...

The new barrel would need stock work to fit and I really want to avoid that this week.
Lastly, my cheekpiece is setup perfectly for the higher rings I have now and the lower rings may necessitate changing my cheekpiece as well. :rolleyes:

I think this warrants just building a whole new rifle. :sleeping:

Timberwolf
01-14-2008, 2:20 PM
Randall the first day we will be doing 100 yard zeros and getting hard dope out to 800. Change what you want.

ar15barrels
01-14-2008, 2:22 PM
Randall the first day we will be doing 100 yard zeros and getting hard dope out to 800. Change what you want.

You are not helping.

PistolPete75
01-14-2008, 2:44 PM
just bring what you want to shoot.

ar15barrels
01-14-2008, 2:51 PM
just bring what you want to shoot.

Having the ability to change things is a horrible disease.
You'll see what I mean later.
No project is ever done if you can easily/freely "tweak" it...
It's usually the cost that keeps us from tweaking.

PistolPete75
01-14-2008, 3:10 PM
Having the ability to change things is a horrible disease.
You'll see what I mean later.
No project is ever done if you can easily/freely "tweak" it...
It's usually the cost that keeps us from tweaking.

I can understand humans never being content, but you have to learn to be happy with what you got in life with all things. This is one of the hardest lesson for anyone to learn which includes myself.

ar15barrels
01-14-2008, 3:20 PM
I can understand humans never being content, but you have to learn to be happy with what you got in life with all things. This is one of the hardest lesson for anyone to learn which includes myself.

You don't have to learn to be happy with what you have if you have the means to make them better. ;)

PistolPete75
01-14-2008, 3:55 PM
You don't have to learn to be happy with what you have if you have the means to make them better. ;)

that wasn't my point, but i do understand the never ending story of firearms.