PDA

View Full Version : SB 374

janus408
09-15-2013, 12:49 PM
I have looked elsewhere but have not found the answer. So I have a quick question.

How does this effect purchasing a stripped lower right now? I would like to buy 3 (1 for myself, 1 for either of my brothers - would be theirs and registered to them I just pay for them to get it since they dont have the money for it right now) so that we can all build these up later. Can this be done?

I assume we will be able to buy complete uppers and LPKs for years to come from other states, since they are not technically firearms. Is this true?

These lowers will be registered as they are required, every letter of the law will be followed, I just don't want my brothers to miss out on owning one of these firearms later in life because they weren't able to purchase/register one before the deadline.

edgerly779
09-15-2013, 1:02 PM
They must purchase and dros them them not you. Just loan them the money between you don't mention it again to anyone. Your business alone. How old are they can they own them?

janus408
09-15-2013, 1:12 PM
They must purchase and dros them them not you. Just loan them the money between you don't mention it again to anyone. Your business alone. How old are they can they own them?

Yes, this was the plan. I should have just said I was buying all 3 to avoid the question as I know the answer to this one.

Both are 21+.

The question is if I have 3 stripped lowers, and follow the letter of the law, will I be legally able to build them up to full guns in 2-3 years time?

Librarian
09-15-2013, 1:42 PM
Answer: we don't know.

And this question is not about litigation, so it's off topic for the forum - see also http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=12317430#post12317430