PDA

View Full Version : Still Waiting on DROS

lostasusual
09-14-2013, 9:18 AM
I bought a rifle back in july , went through the proper legal process of having it shipped to a FFL dealer , filled out the paperwork honestly . paid fees , tax
etc. waited 10 days and went to pick up my gun and was told that the DOJ delayed my DROS , ....that wasn't a huge surprise as I do have a couple of misdemeanors on my record from about 20 years ago , but have no history of violence of any kind in my lifetime , no felonys , ...nothing that I'm aware of that would prohibit me from being a lawful gun owner , if I thought there was
I wouldn't of spent the time and money to go through all of this for nothing .
I have been on hold since 8/9/2013 , that was supposed to the end of my 10 day wait,....now over a month later , I'm still waiting ,... I've tried contacting the DOJ to get a idea of how much longer I might expect to wait
,....I've tried E-mail and only get a response that I'm not contacting the right person , even though writing to the DOJ firearms div. and given this phone # to call to talk to a "field rep" ,.....I've called it a couple times always getting a recording that basicly says I just have to wait , but at the end of the recording you can leave a message , which I did , asking them to return my call ,....they did call back but I missed their call ,.....this is a ridiculous game of phone tag and really uneccesary ,...I'm not asking them any information about my DROS other than a simple question of approximately when I might expect them to complete this , nothing else , this is not sensitive or personal information at all , but they wont simply leave a message on my phone with a answer , or reply to my e-mail with a answer ,
they insist on making this difficult and a big waste of time instead of a simple answer , that's all I asked ,... this is our tax dollars at work , turning the simplest task into the biggest waste of time and resources humanly possible
.....its completely ridiculous and theres no reason to be this inefficient at their job and inconsiderate to the people whos time they seem to have no problem wasting whenever they please ,.. I couldn't stand doing a job so inefficiently ,......it would drive me crazy to be that un productive , and inefficient ,.....I am going to keep trying calling that number , hopefully I will catch their call eventually ,....and maybe even get some type of answer to my question,...:euro::63:

Sakiri
09-14-2013, 9:44 PM
There's a thread of people that are delayed in DROS. Contact CGF, they're working a case on it. Because it is BS.

vector16
09-15-2013, 7:54 AM
Doesn't the store run your background before they take your money? I have bought 3 guns this year and the shop runs the DROS before they charge me a dime.

naeco81
09-15-2013, 8:05 AM
Here is the form for reporting this to CGF (Calguns Foundation): http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/get-help/doj-watch/

lostasusual
09-20-2013, 7:56 AM
finally approved after 48 days wait, at least it was good news , just took a while to get it.

nbirnbaum2
09-21-2013, 2:32 PM
CA took the extra money from the dros fund and instead of bumping up manpower with the increased processing times, they used it for another unrelated purpose.

arsilva32
09-21-2013, 11:37 PM
the point is they want it to be a major hassle,they do it purposely to try to discourage people from buying firearms.they weed out allot of people that just say F-IT its to much of a hassle to buy a gun.