PDA

View Full Version : Picatinny rail for 770?

FormerBiker
09-14-2013, 10:00 AM
Does anyone know if the Picatinny scope mounting rail for the 700 will fit a 770 30-06?

If not, does anyone know where I can get one? I do not care for the scope that came with the rifle and I have another scope (Fullfield)with a quick release mount that I would like to use But it doesn't fit the weaver rail.

Thanks.

NorCalFocus
09-15-2013, 9:47 AM
I just looked on Midway and they don't even list any mounts for the 770. Sorry thought I could help.

My only other idea would be to go to a store and see if a 700 rail will fit on a 770 there in the store.

Siberian23
09-15-2013, 9:53 AM
are you not able to just put the scope you like in the factory rings on 770? if you have a need for the quick release mounts, I understand. Most don't need a quick release mount on a hunting rifle.

Merc1138
09-15-2013, 10:58 AM
are you not able to just put the scope you like in the factory rings on 770? if you have a need for the quick release mounts, I understand. Most don't need a quick release mount on a hunting rifle.

You can use the rail to move the scope forward and back to adjust for eye relief without being as limited to the movement you get if the rings are stationary. Plus you can swap scopes between rifles without needing QD mounts easily as well.

EGW's website lists the 710/770 rail as the same, might also apply to other manufacturers as well.
http://www.egwguns.com/remington-bolt-action/remington-710/770/

FormerBiker
09-15-2013, 11:23 AM
Thanks guys. Just sitting here and watching the GB game and surfed over to EGW and found the rail. Checked several other manufacturers and no Joy. I guess I'll be going with EGW.

As for the quick release, I have one that was on the AR but I changed to a more tactical optic setup. I want to use the Burris scope with the quick release rings that were on the AR on the 770.
Thanks again.