PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Terminates Gun Registration!

gwgn02
09-12-2013, 1:12 PM
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/09/11/us-usa-guns-chicago-idUSBRE98A15220130911

MaHoTex
09-12-2013, 1:14 PM
How is it that Chicago has become more friendly to firearms than California? Unbelievable.

gwgn02
09-12-2013, 1:21 PM
Jerry Hello????? Registration does nothing to end gun violence!!!! Criminals get and use guns or any other tool regardless if Big Gov has them in a database.

JERRY VETO SB374 !!!

the86d
09-12-2013, 1:28 PM
Nice, now people might be able to ACTUALLY resist illegal guns and crime with equal-force in one of the worst crime-rampant cities.

Lasting Effects:
Rapes: down
Violent Crime: down

Yuba
09-12-2013, 4:15 PM
What our politicians don't understand is ALL of these types of laws cost money to enforce and maintain (in this case). Chicago probably came to their senses and realized it didn't work AND it was costing money to maintain it for no real reason. Of course on top of the ruling ;-)

Sakiri
09-12-2013, 4:50 PM
Was pretty sure this came attached to some pretty shoddy regs, like no carry in restaurants.

So yeah, you can "carry" but not in half the city.

Sakiri
09-12-2013, 4:51 PM
Was pretty sure this came attached to some pretty shoddy regs, like no carry in restaurants.

Rail
09-12-2013, 8:17 PM

That's not going to last long.

Sakiri
09-12-2013, 8:37 PM
That's not going to last long.

One can only hope.

Sort of like I can only hope I'll ever be able to legally carry in California before I die.

Even if my county *does* issue permits(Humboldt) I can't afford the 300+ they're going to charge me for fees, LiveScan, the training, etc.

Especially when I'm not guaranteed a permit. -_-

Given the circumstance, I'd have an easier time getting one in IL. Sad, huh? I can't afford to put that kind of money down on it for a "maybe".

Cody
09-12-2013, 9:54 PM
How is it that Chicago has become more friendly to firearms than California? Unbelievable.

Can we get the NRA team that worked on this in Chicago over here in California. Apparently they know what they are doing.

-Cody

Rail
09-13-2013, 10:42 PM
Can we get the NRA team that worked on this in Chicago over here in California. Apparently they know what they are doing.

-Cody

Things are just further along in the 7th Circuit than in the 9th. The 7th ruled on carry outside the home 9 months ago. That significantly changed the judicial and legislative landscape in Illinois. Most people don't realize this, but Illinois probably would have gone shall-issue in 2014 or 2015. We were getting the votes we needed thanks to grassroots efforts and town hall meetings that began several years ago. Moore just sped up the timetable a couple of years.

The 9th still has yet to rule on that but is due to do so by the end of the year. A similar story could unfold in California as a result. But no one will know until decisions are rendered.

Crom
09-14-2013, 2:21 PM
So happy to see this. Thanks for sharing.

dustoff31
09-14-2013, 6:01 PM
What our politicians don't understand is ALL of these types of laws cost money to enforce and maintain (in this case). Chicago probably came to their senses and realized it didn't work AND it was costing money to maintain it for no real reason. Of course on top of the ruling ;-)

No they didn't come to their senses at all. They were told to end it.

The city council voted to end the gun registry in place since 1968 to comply with court rulings against Chicago and Illinois gun control laws, and to bring the city into line with a state concealed carry law.

Toptuna
09-14-2013, 6:04 PM

Could they ever come to their senses?