PDA

View Full Version : What Should You Do If You're Threatened By A Mass Murderer?

ipser
09-10-2013, 6:55 PM
Calling 911 isnít enough.

These researchers studied ďactive killer events ď as they call crimes where the aim is to maximize killing. They gathered data on all such cases in the U.S. between 2000 and 2010. They found that about half the time, killing ended before officers reached the killer.

The point of all this is to understand that even if youíre fortunate to live in a place with a great police department, and youíve managed to call 911, youíre still substantially on your own during a killing time.

Rapid mass murder is likely to go on as long as (1) there are easily accessible victims and (2) thereís no effective resistance.

It seems that the only credible solution is to have each school, business or other entity assume responsibility for maintaining its own security. The interest of such entities is different from the mission of a police department. Police respond to calls and go to crime scenes. They donít have a budget big enough to protect everybody all the time. The surest way to gain comprehensive protection is to have trained, armed people already on-site.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jimpowell/2013/09/04/what-should-you-do-if-youre-threatened-by-a-mass-murderer/

Dreaded Claymore
09-10-2013, 7:34 PM
I'm showing this one to friends for sure.

Silverone858
09-10-2013, 10:26 PM
What should you do??
What I would like to say is draw your weapon and return fire but I am not allowed to legally protect myself against such an attack, guess I'll just play dead and wait for the police.

Silverone858
09-10-2013, 10:26 PM
What should you do??
What I would like to say is draw your weapon and return fire but I am not allowed to legally protect myself against such an attack, guess I'll just play dead and wait for the police.

teg33
09-10-2013, 10:28 PM
If a mass murderer threaten me, I will let my 1911 do the talking

SonofWWIIDI
09-10-2013, 10:39 PM
What should you do?

Point out the "gun free zone" sign and tell the perp that his unregistered, non bullet buttoned semi-auto rifle with the super high capacity ammo clips are all illegal. I'm sure he'll stop what he's doing and give himself up to you.

Oh, and tell him you have the police on the phone, ready to dispatch cars if he doesn't give up.

Wrangler John
09-11-2013, 2:51 AM
In California the options are to bleed or run and hide. Sorry state of affairs.