PDA

View Full Version : suggestion for scope mount for savage m11?

DragonFyre
09-10-2013, 5:36 PM
Hi fellow calgunners,

Just wondering if anyone else owned a savage model 11/111 hog hunter chambered in .308? I have shot the gun at the range a few times and had no luck using the iron sights. I adjusted the rear sight from the highest point to the lowest point and I still am unable to get the bullet to hit close to bulls eye. No matter how I set the rear sight the gun shots about 5 inches to high. I even had my brother and a friend shoot it with no luck. Is there something I am doing wrong? or is there a way to adjust the front sight? I was wondering what scope mount would be good for it?

Divernhunter
09-10-2013, 7:24 PM
Use a Leupold 3X9X40 scope or 3.5X10X40 Non-AO scope.
Leupold bases and rings are very good. Use low rings.
Weaver(or weaver type) bases and rings also work fine. Again use low rings
DO NOT buy/use see-thru rings as they put your head in a abnormal position for correct shooting. They are also a sure sign to everone you know nothing about scopes and are a clueless newbie.

Summers
09-10-2013, 8:53 PM
Like what was said above 3-9 or 3.5-10, a few people here have the fixed 4 power scopes for hog rifles.

DragonFyre
09-10-2013, 9:29 PM
thanks for the info. got any good website that I can buy the leupold mount from for a good deal? I was reading on other sites and people suggested dnz game reaper mount? or egw mount? I am not sure of which model mount to get though. or you know any tricks or tips on sighting the iron sights to get them on target?