PDA

View Full Version : Custom Mosin Nagant

GorillaGunworks
09-09-2013, 6:46 PM
Hey guys just wanted to show pics of a recent build I did for a good friend. he bought 2 surplus mosin nagants and restored one original and the other one he gave to me to modernize. kept the original barrel because it was brand new and it would be a shame to get rid of it for now. did a smooth and tune on all the internals and the bolt. brought the trigger down to about 3 1/2 pounds and made a complete stock out of aluminum to keep it lightweight, hydrodipped the whole thing in digital camo and Teflon moly coated the bolt and sights OD Green to compliment the dip, reason I used Teflon coating is because the Teflon has a slick feel to it and works awesome on the bolt. the result is badassery. thinking about reproducing these to sell in the near future.

OneStepBehind
09-09-2013, 6:55 PM
Not a fan of the stock styling, but its an interesting build. Prepare yourself for a flood of people freaking out of how you "ruined it".

E Michael
09-09-2013, 6:57 PM
In before Marcus.

plumbum
09-09-2013, 9:49 PM
Now if you could mount a Steyr M95 or Schmidt Rubin in that thing...

North86
09-09-2013, 9:51 PM
Very nice Bubba!

NorCalFocus
09-09-2013, 10:22 PM
Not bad.

To me all that work and no scope though....

CRTguns
09-17-2013, 8:23 PM
Or there's this, for less work.

http://www.armslist.com/posts/1773709/massachusetts-gun-parts-for-sale--nib-mosin-nagant-promag-archangel-tactical-stock-

BroncoBob
09-18-2013, 7:33 AM
Doesn't do anything for me IMHO.

Capybara
09-18-2013, 7:55 AM
While I totally can appreciate the craftsmanship, time and effort that was put into this, the value proposition makes no sense. It will never be a super accurate rifle and had hundreds, if not thousands of dollars worth of work and labor put into it. There are probably quite a few stock $400.00 rifles that will be more accurate. I guess a Bubba'd Mauser action would make more sense to me, then you could end up with a gun that is very accurate. In the end, you are proud of it and I am sure your friend loves it and that is probably what is most important. Mazel Tov!

NOTABIKER
09-21-2013, 9:52 AM
not for me but you did a good job. i hope you used a beater WW 2 mosin for that project.