I'll take it. PM sent.

Uhhh....
Already taken. ??

Tmatt1973
09-08-2013, 8:16 AM
I'm curious to know your address?

kendog4570
09-08-2013, 12:10 PM
We talked on the phone, you agreed to my offer and that I would pick it up Wednesday, then sold it to someone else for more money.
You could have at least informed me and gave me the option for the full price.

Well, you may not be lazy or stupid, but you sure are something else.

Spyder
09-08-2013, 7:25 PM
I'm confused about what happened here.
But I am jealous of whoever wound up picking that thing up.

kendog4570
09-08-2013, 7:59 PM
I'm confused about what happened here.
But I am jealous of whoever wound up picking that thing up.

I called the number 1/2 hour after he posted, discussed the rifle, had OP send pictures, and made an offer of $100. He accepted and acknowledged via PM. We arranged to meet Wed the 11th.
His PM:

Good speaking with you. You can have it for a hundred on Wednesday. I'll see you then!

This morning he PM's

Ken, I'm sorry but a gentleman came by and paid full price a while ago.
Take care and sorry again.

What a Chicken sh1t

Not a man of his word.

bigbossman
09-08-2013, 8:12 PM
I called the number 1/2 hour after he posted, discussed the rifle, had OP send pictures, and made an offer of $100. He accepted and acknowledged via PM. We arranged to meet Wed the 11th.

Reading the iTrader feedback, it looks like he sold it to the second "I'll take it" in reply #4.

Apparently you got snaked all the way around.

The thing with really great deals is that they grow legs and walk away blindingly fast...... ESPECIALLY if there are a lot of eyes on it. If someone agrees to a screaming deal, it is essential that they get the object in-hand ASAP. There is always someone that wants it $50 more than you do - ALWAYS.

Waiting until Wednesday might have been unavoidable, but it was the show-stopper for you.

Tom-ADC
09-08-2013, 8:16 PM
So you low ball him with $100 offer on a trapdoor we all know is worth more?
Seems to me you were trying to take advantage of him? He'll a trapdoor for $150 you should have jumped on it for that price, I was on your side until I read you low balled him.

kendog4570
09-08-2013, 8:24 PM
So you low ball him with $100 offer on a trapdoor we all know is worth more?
Seems to me you were trying to take advantage of him? He'll a trapdoor for $150 you should have jumped on it for that price, I was on your side until I read you low balled him.

Get real.
Low ball my eye. The barrel is cross drilled through in two places, the hammer is ground down, the front sight has been replaced with a backwards Lyman hunting bead, the latch has an old funky repair, the receiver is gouged, and the thing comes in at less than 15%. It's a pile of parts, and thats exactly what I made an offer on.
Worth more?? Cut it out.
Take advantage of him? Check his posts. All he does is sell stuff here. He's a big boy. If he didnt want to take the offer he could have said so. I think he knew exactly what he had.
The point is his word is worth squat.

Tom-ADC
09-08-2013, 8:48 PM
I'd guess you got all that info from your phone call, because all I got got from his first post was the barrel had been drilled to make it a wall hanger, all the other stuff was never posted. Hence my post.

6mmintl
09-08-2013, 9:44 PM
Tom-adc
Maybe you should get ALL the information/photos before running away with your opinions openly on the forum.

Bad mouthing another Calgunners making an accusation is bad observation of limited information.

Seller agreed to a price and then reneged, he's obviously a dirt bag shopping for a better deal and does not have any code of honesty/integrity/trust, he should be called out (and he was) so we all should walk away knowing what a slime ball the sellers is.