PDA

View Full Version : Mosin Nagant front sight base damaged. Need help

torquen
09-06-2013, 12:37 PM
I bought a Mosin Nagant "excellent" condition from Buds Guns. The rifle is defiantly not in what I would call excellent condition. Buddies with the same rifle have them in much better condition than mine.

So I brought the rifle home from my FFL to find that there was no front sight. I called buds and they sent me a front sight. I went to install and that is when I noticed that the base was bent and the back side of the dove tail was cracked. The front sight would just slide right threw and was not even a close fit. Just messing with it the back piece of the dove tail finally came off.

Can I buy a new sight base? Grind this one off and have a friends weld, braze, or solder a new one back on? If so where can I find a new base? The front sight looks to be fine.

Thanks for the help.

torquen
09-06-2013, 12:40 PM
Btw, I would like to keep it stock so the bayonet still connects to the sight base.

serjm1a1
09-06-2013, 2:04 PM
ugh, that's a bummer...Good luck, my friend!

Cadre
09-06-2013, 3:32 PM
not sure if this will work but here it is anyways.

http://www.mountsplus.com/AR-15_Accessories/AR-15_Scope_Rings/151-TGR-MN-FSAR.html

torquen
09-07-2013, 8:12 AM
That looks like it would work. But I don't think that will allow the bayonet to be attached?