PDA

View Full Version : wolf .223 in a kel-tec

HOGDOG45-70
01-10-2008, 5:20 PM
anyone have any trouble running wolf brand .223 in a kel-tec?

dondo
01-10-2008, 5:25 PM
You should post this in the riflemans section. It will probably get moved automatically.

c good
01-10-2008, 6:06 PM
I have a friend that blew one up using Wolf. Can't say for sure it was the ammo, I think the rifle had other issues. Kel-Tec does now put a flyer in with the SU-16 that says not to use Wolf or other steel cased ammo. I just revived an old thread from last year with lots of photos and info on the SU16 and Wolf ammo. HTH c good

Solidmch
01-10-2008, 7:57 PM
I had one blow up using federal. I sent it back. They remade the gun with same serial #. It shoot everything. It seems to love wolf. I love my ARs. I put a bushnell holosite on it. It will be my daughters.

Brooklyn
01-11-2008, 9:07 PM
I had an SU-16B before my black rifle craze. It would fire one round of wolf and jam every single time. But then again the SU seemed to only like the hotter stuff. S&B, Lake City, etc. My AR runs fine with wolf.

GW
01-22-2008, 8:03 PM
Mine constantly jammed with Wolf. There were 2 theories
1> The lacquer melts off in a hot chamber, causing buildup that led to stuck cases.

2. Due to the non-expansion of steel cases, carbon blew back around the case, building up in the chamber and causing stuck cases

Either way, I had lots of stuck cases till I stopped using Wolf/Barnaul etc.