PDA

View Full Version : Misdemeanor charges of endangerment ?'s

F8ality
09-04-2013, 9:59 PM
Hey Guys, my wife's grandpa has a misdemeanor charge for endangerment with a firearm or something of that nature. My question is what are the rules for having a misdemeanor related to firearms on your record and owning a firearm? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

omgwtfbbq
09-05-2013, 7:45 AM
Without knowing the penal code section or specific name of the violation, I can't give you an exact answer.

The closest penal code section that I can think that might apply to your grandfather in law is section 246.3 of the Penal Code, Negligent Discharge of a Firearm (meaning could result in injury or death). I'm not sure on the limitations for such a crime but based on my experience it is likely there is some kind of limitation.

The only encounter I have had with someone convicted of 246.3 PC, it was charched as a Felony which means no guns for life anyway unless the individual goes through the proper process to reduce said charges.

I would make sure that your grandfather in law was charges as a misdo, and then consult an attorney.

stix213
09-05-2013, 12:42 PM
Hey Guys, my wife's grandpa has a misdemeanor charge for endangerment with a firearm or something of that nature. My question is what are the rules for having a misdemeanor related to firearms on your record and owning a firearm? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

You can either post the exact name of the violation or the exact penal code, or you can check yourself if it is prohibiting from this list:

https://oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/pdfs/firearms/forms/prohibcatmisd.pdf