PDA

View Full Version : So TX is no longer 2A friendly i guess.

morfeeis
09-04-2013, 4:00 PM
So after watching this
V-ReKdiIPlg
I then watched this
vN0GcahEvIc

Two cool LEO and one DB of a LEO, the first one to make contact a sgt.

mag360
09-04-2013, 4:43 PM
texas has never been as friendly as say Vermont, Montana, North Dakota, Alaska...you can get in trouble for printing surprisingly.

Exile Machine
09-04-2013, 4:50 PM
you can get in trouble for printing surprisingly.

False. Texas law references intentional failure to conceal.

-Mark

donmopar
09-04-2013, 4:55 PM
I would recommend calling and complaining about the police carrying a firearm. Then would say how distraught it makes you and that they all need to give each other disorderly conduct tickets.

morfeeis
09-04-2013, 5:41 PM
I would recommend calling and complaining about the police carrying a firearm. Then would say how distraught it makes you and that they all need to give each other disorderly conduct tickets.
Awesome thought, but what DA would file or go to court on that on?

rice_man
09-04-2013, 6:28 PM
@ 15:44 Does the public's ignorance make me a criminal?

Apparently yes

BigPun762
09-04-2013, 6:30 PM
The gun ban agenda is nation wide. Slowly, it's spreading and will continue to spread until they finally get what they want. And they're patient.

Cowboy T
09-04-2013, 7:10 PM
The pro-2A agenda is just as nation-wide. And we've made a lot of progress back to where we need to be. We will continue until we finally get what we want, which is a return to the 2A as it was originally intended. "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED".

And we're patient, too. We're also smarter than they are.

BigPun762
09-04-2013, 7:14 PM
The pro-2A agenda is just as nation-wide. And we've made a lot of progress back to where we need to be. We will continue until we finally get what we want, which is a return to the 2A as it was originally intended. "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED".

And we're patient, too. We're also smarter than they are.

You didn't get what I meant by "patient". I mean this will continue to go on for generations. Until there's a generation that no longer values gun rights. A generation where they no longer believe guns protect people. And with all the media brain washing and shootings, it shouldn't be too long for one.

epilepticninja
09-04-2013, 7:44 PM
Calling the PD and stating that three individuals are carrying weapons does not constitute a public disturbance (unless you are in a libtard state like ours.) What a crock. I'd love to see people sitting outside Starbucks with long guns. The Sgt is being a pain in the ***.

woodnsteel
09-04-2013, 8:27 PM
III sneeze on your idea that your patience will out weigh the dynamics of action. This is not Zen Bhuddism bucko! This is a conflict, and our conflicting viewpoints will soon be tested. To what degree remains to be seen, and it will be seen...Your idea that decades will be taken to wrestle this conflict ignores one thing- nobody has that much patience- nobody. They want action- we want action- we gonna get some action...You didn't get what I meant by "patient". I mean this will continue to go on for generations. Until there's a generation that no longer values gun rights. A generation where they no longer believe guns protect people. And with all the media brain washing and shootings, it shouldn't be too long for one.

POLICESTATE
09-04-2013, 8:30 PM
The problem with Texas is that anyone they CONSIDER to be a criminal is treated like one, and we all know how Texas treats their criminals. Which is great on the one hand, but if for some reason they even think you are one you're pretty ****ed.

Not the bastion of freedom that some folks think it to be. Still, they are much more free than California.

BigPun762
09-04-2013, 8:32 PM
I sneeze on your idea that your patience will out weigh the dynamics of action. This is not Zen Bhuddism bucko! This is a conflict, and our conflicting viewpoints will soon be tested. To what degree remains to be seen, and it will be seen...Your idea that decades will be taken to wrestle this conflict ignores one thing- nobody has that much patience- nobody. They want action- we want action- we gonna get some action...

They have been at it for a while and ain't going to stop any time soon. They'll eventually get there. The way people are growing up is a sign. People are growing up to be scared of guns because of what they see on TV. Mainstream media has more effect on people than me or you. While we may educate one person on firearms, the media has brainwashed 100. And at that rate, it ain't going to get brighter any time soon. I am 100% pro gun but I do see a dark future ahead and anybody who doesn't is just pretending not too.

varn
09-05-2013, 6:08 AM
You didn't get what I meant by "patient". I mean this will continue to go on for generations. Until there's a generation that no longer values gun rights. A generation where they no longer believe guns protect people. And with all the media brain washing and shootings, it shouldn't be too long for one.

This fight for prserving freedom has already gone on for generations and, yes, it continues. I ended up with some of my grandfather's American Rifleman magazines. These go back to before WWII. In those 60 year old magazines the articles concerning gun grabbers read nearly the same as they do today. Even in the older magazines from the 1930's the gun grabbers seemed to be hard at work to infringe our right.

dustoff31
09-05-2013, 6:47 AM

Yeah, complain to this guy.

http://www.sanantonio.gov/Portals/0/Files/annualReport/execProfiles/police_McManus.pdf

Bill McManus was appointed San Antonio’s Police Chief in March 2006. He oversees a department of more than 2,000 sworn officers and more than 800 civilian positions

He started his career in law enforcement in 1975 with the Metropolitan Police Department in Washington, D.C., where he served in a full range of patrol and investigative assignments that included internal and criminal investigations, narcotics, and tactical positions.

McManus also served as Assistant Chief of Police for the Washington D.C. Metropolitan Police Department from 1998 to 2001.

SanPedroShooter
09-05-2013, 8:01 AM
This will get ****canned. I'll put money on it.

Texas usually does the right thing eventually.

Paladin
09-05-2013, 9:52 AM
IIRC, TX almost passed HGN OC (they've got long gun OC), this last session. A couple of candidates for governor have already come out saying they'll sign it. Since the TX legislature meets only once every two years, it should pass in about 1 1/2 years from now.

The main thing is not to put things at risk w/stupid behavior (e.g., what these guys are doing). Learn from those "principled" and "uncompromising" CA UOC activists and how that went.... :rolleyes:

gobler
09-05-2013, 12:15 PM
This is most likely going to get dropped or they will be found not guilty. Then they may sue the PD. this abuse of power needs to be snipped in the bud as they say.

Sent from somewhere in time & space...

KLF
09-05-2013, 1:51 PM
I saw a Colin Noir video that said, to paraphrase, "Noone likes an ash hole..." Here's a link: http://youtu.be/1xumlt4ULh8. Well, then I see that other Colin Noir video embed in this thread, as well as those guys hanging out in front of Starbucks. I can see that these videos are all related. Colin Noir's two videos are seriously dissonant. For a member of the Texas Bar Association I'd expect a less tone-deaf response. I'm sort of ashamed for Colin Noir.

KLF
09-05-2013, 2:36 PM
IIRC, TX almost passed HGN OC (they've got long gun OC), this last session. A couple of candidates for governor have already come out saying they'll sign it. Since the TX legislature meets only once every two years, it should pass in about 1 1/2 years from now.

The main thing is not to put things at risk w/stupid behavior (e.g., what these guys are doing). Learn from those "principled" and "uncompromising" CA UOC activists and how that went.... :rolleyes:

YES!

morfeeis
09-05-2013, 3:17 PM
Funny how different the reporting is in TX
3LxP3t2QBwc

readysetgo
09-05-2013, 3:40 PM
They want action- we want action- we gonna get some action...

So... you're saying there's gonna be some action, right?!?! :43: [Insert the turtle man meme]

I wanna see examples of orderly conduct so that I might remain orderly. :gnorsi:
Oh, and remind me to put down the drink w/ straw if there's a camera around. For some reason it seems really unmasculine to me. :no:

Digital_Boy
09-05-2013, 5:54 PM
And with all the media brain washing and shootings, it shouldn't be too long for one.

See, the thing here is, legacy "big media" is dying the death of a thousand cuts from the massive shift in people searching for their content from non-traditional sources like youtube, Hulu, etcetera. Whoever controls the message wields enormous influence. We, as in responsible gun owners, need to up our game and present our side of the story.

As evidence of the dramatic shift in power away from traditional executive driven TV/movies, I'll leave you with this amazing speech by Kevin Spacey from earlier this year in Edinburgh, Scotland. Just think, if we can get some well scripted/acted/directed "gun positive" content out there, I think it could start a trend in reversing the decades of corrosive negativity wrought by the political left. And it wouldn't require monumental Hollywood megadollar investments to get started, either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oheDqofa5NM

(edit: tried to embed using the Youtube button, but it kept messing up. Just click the link and watch)

Darklyte27
09-07-2013, 6:34 AM
These guys could have planned it better and not move forward until they contacted a LEO

Why do these cops think they have a right to just issue a disorderly conduct ticket?
That Sgt just wanted to cite them with whatever he felt like would stick to them. Sadly these guys agreed to sign this ticket.

I think these guys should not have been charged with anything until it was proven.

Any employee could have said "these guys are being disorderly" and the cops believed it.

Nowhere during video showed they did anything wrong yet they were cited. Yet they gave their addresses names numbers etc.

Doheny
09-08-2013, 9:39 AM
My daughter lives in near Southlake, TX (in the DFW area.) If someone were to blindfold you and drop you off there, you'd think you were in Orange County CA. In fact, many hard core Texans aren't fond of the DFW area because it's becoming less "Texan" than most of the rural areas.

It wouldn't surprise me to see their gun laws change in the future, including the inability to OC any type of weapon, as well as to be able to shoot someone in defense of property.

Neo Sharkey
09-13-2013, 7:32 AM

Hey, that reminds me...weren't we supposed to get must issue LTC because we can't open carry any longer?

Tanner68
09-13-2013, 7:46 AM
Texas demographics do not look good. Soon, it will be a blue state regarding national politics.

chuckdc
09-14-2013, 7:44 AM
Keep in mind also that San Antonio is a pretty hard-code bastion of the Democrats with Fidel.. errr. Julian Castro being mayor, and his brother being considered as a likely replacement if he moves up to a higher office. SA even has a knife ban, while the ban on carrying "automatic" i.e. switchblade knives was just repealed by the Lege.

kcbrown
09-14-2013, 7:20 PM
Regarding Texas: told you so (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=8949627&postcount=77).

glockman19
09-14-2013, 7:21 PM
Regarding Texas: told you so (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=8949627&postcount=77).

A wise man once said....."
:oji: