PDA

View Full Version : Obama ban on re-importing historical firearms

varn
09-04-2013, 10:22 AM
The Executive Action by Obama, announced 08/29/2013, will prohibit the re-importation of historical former U.S. military firearms for sale to U.S. citizens. The primary firearms that this would impact are the U.S. M1 Garand and Carbine rifles, prized by collectors, competitive sports shooters, and "plinkers" who are interested in U.S. military history. These are NOT the type of firearms that have been associated with crimes. This Executive Action will solve no firearms-related problems, is political grandstanding at its worst, and only serves to discriminate against legitimate U.S. CITIZENS who are firearms collectors. Also, this action will severely impact the CMP program by decreasing the number of available historical firearms that can be awarded by the CMP to U.S. Citizens.

Sign this petition https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/retract-executive-order-against-re-importation-us-military-firearms/Gw1Pc64d

In order to get a response from the Obama Administration concerning this issue 100,000 signatures are needed by September 28,2013. PLEASE GO TO THIS LINK AND SIGN THE PETITION. TIME IS RUNNING OUT.

THANK YOU

SOAR79
09-04-2013, 10:26 AM
needed by August 28, 2013???

njineermike
09-04-2013, 10:27 AM
Like the white house cares what we think.

nastyhabts26
09-04-2013, 10:27 AM
Little late now it is September 04

varn
09-04-2013, 12:21 PM
That's September 28, 2013. Need 100,000 signatures by Sept. 28, 2013. It's not too late.

There are currently 8168 signatures on this petition. If the total reaches 100,000 it will be interesting to hear/read why Obama decided to ban re-importing these historical firearms.

Ronin2
09-04-2013, 1:25 PM
We have not been able to re-import other lend lease or US military Aid "implements of war" since lend lease was established in WW2. That was to prevent profiteering and corruption in the program. I know because I and my friends collect and restore vintage WW2 armored fighting vehicles.

I can import all the vintage and modern Russian, English and German tanks I want....but a beautiful American Sherman or Chaffee ...forget it.

A friend provided a M4A3 Sherman tank for the film "Letters from Iwo Jima " and the producers had to get Sen. Feinstein and Sen Boxer to intercede with the ATF and State Department for a special reimportation letter so that the tank could be shipped to Iceland for the beach scenes and then brought back into the country. Otherwise, once it was out of CONUS, its out forever and that policy has been around for A LONG TIME. I guess that now the Feds are no longer providing "exceptions" for the Garands etc... And if thats the case, its a perfectly legal action by the executive branch. It sucks but its legal.

SonofWWIIDI
09-04-2013, 2:16 PM
:dupe:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=815922

MaHoTex
09-04-2013, 2:21 PM
I can import all the vintage and modern Russian, English and German tanks I want....but a beautiful American Sherman or Chaffee ...forget it.

A friend provided a M4A3 Sherman tank for the film "Letters from Iwo Jima " and the producers had to get Sen. Feinstein and Sen Boxer to intercede with the ATF and State Department for a special reimportation letter so that the tank could be shipped to Iceland for the beach scenes and then brought back into the country. Otherwise, once it was out of CONUS, its out forever and that policy has been around for A LONG TIME. I guess that now the Feds are no longer providing "exceptions" for the Garands etc... And if thats the case, its a perfectly legal action by the executive branch. It sucks but its legal.

Ronin, this is so cool! :D

Ronin2
09-04-2013, 3:06 PM
Ronin, this is so cool! :D

They are fun.... Here is the M4A3 Sherman I referenced above just after the late night unloading/placement in front of the LA Convention Center for the 2013 E3 Expo back in June:

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k72/newportkrieger/E3M4A1a.jpg (http://s85.photobucket.com/user/newportkrieger/media/E3M4A1a.jpg.html)

With a "promotional crew" during the convention:

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k72/newportkrieger/E3m4a3c.jpg (http://s85.photobucket.com/user/newportkrieger/media/E3m4a3c.jpg.html)

stix213
09-04-2013, 3:19 PM
A response from the Obama admin is a waste of time.

This order wasn't at all about making our streets safer. This is all about political payback for embarrassing the president with regard to his failed push for gun control after sandy hook.

We embarrassed him, so he is retaliating by taking away collectibles. He is a petty man that has no problem using the power of the executive to settle personal scores.

varn
09-04-2013, 6:00 PM
"A response from the Obama admin is a waste of time.

"This order wasn't at all about making our streets safer. This is all about political payback for embarrassing the president with regard to his failed push for gun control after sandy hook."

"We embarrassed him, so he is retaliating by taking away collectibles. He is a PETTY man that has no problem using the power of the executive to settle personal scores."

Exactly, that is why he did this. But, he is also childish and a fool to think that people would not see through this. This is why his response to this might be an interesting lie. Someday someone will publish a book of Obama's Lies.

wjc
09-04-2013, 9:59 PM
""

Exactly, that is why he did this. But, he is also childish and a fool to think that people would not see through this. This is why his response to this might be an interesting lie. Someday someone will publish a book of Obama's Lies.

Evidently, you haven't read "The Amateur" by Edward Klein.

:D

varn
09-05-2013, 6:49 AM
Evidently, you haven't read "The Amateur" by Edward Klein.

:D

Well, evidently someone has already written this book. :)

Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Would be interesting reading in light of the fact that we are in the midst of living this nightmare.

With the bills presently before the California Legislature it appears that we in California are about to experience this nightmare first hand. However, this time just how many U.S. Citizens/Californians will even pay attention to these laws (if passed) that blattenly offend and "infringe" the rights as guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment. This is getting downright , well, ridiculous.

DisgruntledReaper
09-06-2013, 9:27 PM
The 'White House' is now the 'Out House' as far as I am concerned, you may as well hang a 'crescent moon' on the door of that place along with just about any state capitol where the Dems are in control...... they are all filled with turds and there is no TP or plunger save one type to clean that mess out....

for the record, i write,email, try to call,and I VOTE(and have been burned by the jerks after they win,flip like a pancake) etc but it basically goes nowhere... since there is no REAL threat like being dragged, tarred and feathered, FIRED,etc.... they dont give a crap 'about the people and CITIZENS of this state or country' hypothetically sometimes the threat of a lynching would probably get them to listen' .. act like the PUBLIC SERVANTS you ARE or be prepared to suffer the wrath.... just a 1st amendment freedom of speech opinion expressed........

SOAR79
09-17-2013, 2:25 PM
84,445 more signatures you guys!!!

RMP91
09-17-2013, 3:28 PM
It sounds like this only applies to American exports being reimported, which means foreign weapons (to a certain degree) are still safe.

Last I heard, it was only a proposal... Though, I wouldn't be surprised if it's law now.

haodoken
09-19-2013, 5:24 PM
I signed! But we need many more. Please sign up at the white house webpage and sign the petition to save America's freedom rifle.

bohoki
09-19-2013, 5:46 PM
they were available under the GBush eara but somehow couldnt get in then either

24VOLTS
09-19-2013, 8:33 PM
I signed it!!
Lets get the word out!!

18Dmedic
09-19-2013, 8:39 PM
Man...if I could only voice my true opinion...damn it!

Our CIC loves to show us his left hand while his right hand is right up our collective arses! Lucky I got my reimported Garand before he Fawked us.

Time to rebel. Anonymous, where are you?

BJames
09-19-2013, 9:58 PM
Bump this to the front. When was the last crime committed with an M1-Garand, or M1-Carbine?

Wonder why they want to dry up the supply?

First you take #2 - then you have #1.