View Full Version : CT Democrat Officials Demand Starbucks Ban Legal Firearms

09-03-2013, 8:57 AM
I think this action deserves its own thread because you can bet that elected Democrats in other states will follow suit. Starbucks can afford to ignore a few Brady Bunch nutcases but the kind of pressure that state officials can bring down on them can kill a company. Things like zoning them out of existence or using labor laws to make them unprofitable can force Starbucks to turn on us. This is nothing less than a renewed Jim Crow system, this time aimed at law abiding gun owners.

Representative Elizabeth Esty (D-CT) joined Senators Chris Murphy (D-CT) and Richard Blumenthal (D-CT) to demand Starbucks change its firearm policy and bar law-abiding patrons from carrying guns on Starbucks property.

In effect, they want to turn Starbucks into the same kind of "gun free zone" that has allowed many of our nation's most heinous crimes to take place. Most notably in this instance, Sandy Hook Elementary.

According to The Hill, the three Democrats sent a letter to Starbucks chief executive Howard Schultz asking that he "foster a culture of peace and ban guns from [Starbucks'] stores."

09-03-2013, 9:39 AM
I just hate these people and wish they would go away. What right do they have to tell a private company what to do on their own property? How many shootings has having firearms on their property caused? how much more likely is a robber to pass on a starbucks knowing that people carry in there often?

09-03-2013, 9:41 AM
They can demand all they want, I urge Starbuck's to tell them to stick it.