PDA

View Full Version : Area 52 OLL Shoot INFO ADDED! PLEASE READ IF COMING, Post #168

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Stormfeather
01-09-2008, 5:39 PM
Ok folks, the offical date has been set! I know some folks wont be able to make it, and for some it means they now will. Im sorry if that is the case if this date change makes it so you cant make it, but theres always the next one in the fall!

The Official Date Of The 3rd Annual Area 52 Shoot is May 16th to May 18th!
* - We will pull out of the Pleasanton/Bay Area approximately 0500 and head towards Sacramento to meet at a pre-designated site. That site will be a well known Calguns members house in Natomas.
* - At apprx 0800 We will be leaving Sacramento from the pre-designated site and make our way to Reno.
* - A stop off in Reno at the Cabelas SuperStore at Boomtown for any final knick-knacks that you may need for the weekend and to refuel.
* - Final Stop approx 45 minutes away from our target area before we make the offroad portion of our trip. Here is where you will do your final refuel, and get any other necessities you may have forgotten along the way. Batteries, disposable camera, peanut butter for Soldier415, duct tape etc etc.
* - Upon arrival, we will set up base camp, bathroom areas, the firing line, targets and the firepit.
* - After everything has been set up, We will have safety briefing, designating impact areas, conduct, and afterwards addressing any concerns or questions you may have.
* - After safety meeting, we will then go Range Hot til Sunday!

Im going to set the deadline for donations at April 1st. The reason being that I have to design then order the t-shirts and put in my order for the bulk ammo. Donations can be made via cash/check/money order/discrete paypal. If doing Paypal please include 4% for paypal fees. (I got killed on them last time as mostly everyone did paypal!)

We will be in need of the following items. . . please inform me if you plan on bringing them so as not to overstock too much of one item and not enough of the other. ie; 200 cans of orange paint and no targetstands, etc etc!
* Target stands, Ive found pallets work good, just drive in two stakes and set the pallet on end over it.
* mannequins, or mannequin heads, ie styrofoam wig holders
* orange spray paint,
* laser range finder to designate target distance.
* staple gun WITH staples.
* a couple of extra camp chairs
* folding table can be the card playing kind or the long ones, Prefer the long ones.
* motorola style radios to maintain radio contact while in convoy status, and helps maintain radio contact if you have to drive somewhere while out in the camping area. Safety First Folks!

I will add to this list as we get closer to the final date, and update everyone appropriately! For those coming from WAY down south, Here is the thread regarding the convoy, please contact Calguns member TK6790 in regards to this. http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=91554

ETA: folks who have four-wheelers/atv's, this is also an ample time to bring those as well. The reigon has some great off roading areas, which are great for four-wheeling. There are also hot springs nearby for that 'jacuzzi" effect after a hard day of having fun.

As a further note, anything you bring with you, please plan on bringing it back, or putting it on the burn pile. I will not allow this area to be left "trashed" by us. Responsible shooting includes cleaning up after yourself. The past few years we have had ZERO issues with this and I would love to keep it this way! Also, im entertaining the idea of a "Tannerite Shoot". . . . Any input folks?

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l128/Strmfeathr/Shooting/29-1.jpg

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l128/Strmfeathr/Shooting/044.jpg

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l128/Strmfeathr/Shooting/140-1.jpg

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l128/Strmfeathr/Shooting/l_4cd6ed537227b898cb97a4542eed88-1.jpg

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l128/Strmfeathr/Shooting/l_deba24b28172925359b5865f2808f39f.jpg

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l128/Strmfeathr/Shooting/l_68a3a949a780eafc8a55ed74f07b4888.jpg

And last but never least, we have the video courtesy of the "Div. 562" filming crew!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJgxVYA2pbc

Hope to see you there!

sammy
01-09-2008, 5:49 PM
That looks like fun, I would love to attend!! Where is it?

ghettoshecky
01-09-2008, 5:55 PM
I would love to go this, but what is Area 52? Is that a Stargate joke?

M. Sage
01-09-2008, 5:55 PM
If I'm borrowing toys, I can at least pay to feed 'em.

Can bring own guns/ammo/food. :D

Stormfeather
01-09-2008, 6:02 PM
That looks like fun, I would love to attend!! Where is it?

I hold it in Nevada by a friends property in the desert. Its about 2 hours from Reno, due to the off-road driving.

Stormfeather
01-09-2008, 6:04 PM
I would love to go this, but what is Area 52? Is that a Stargate joke?

Yes it is! We cant do it at area 51, so we made our own UFO secret base!

:D

Pm me for details and I will explain it to you!

FEDUPWBS
01-09-2008, 6:20 PM
I chose the last one on the poll cause I live in my own perfect world. I say we do MREs and have a minimum buy in of 5k rounds ea.

ghettoshecky
01-09-2008, 6:45 PM
Yes it is! We cant do it at area 51, so we made our own UFO secret base!

Pm me for details and I will explain it to you!

arggh I didn't realize you meant for Norcal, I'm so cal... Kinda was hoping you meant Las Vegas area as Area 51 is near there.

Stormfeather
01-09-2008, 6:52 PM
arggh I didn't realize you meant for Norcal, I'm so cal... Kinda was hoping you meant Las Vegas area as Area 51 is near there.

This is for NorCal and SoCal. I have guys from SanDiego and LA that come up for this! Last time I think there was 5 or so guys from SoCal that came up for the shoot! They brought the Uhaul! Its a weekend camping/shooting getaway, who cares if its in NorCal or Socal, especially when you are shooting FA toys!

USN CHIEF
01-09-2008, 6:55 PM
Approximately how many miles from San Diego? I am really interested in going and could probably carpool. And how many days does this Camping trip last?

ghettoshecky
01-09-2008, 6:57 PM
This is for NorCal and SoCal. I have guys from SanDiego and LA that come up for this! Last time I think there was 5 or so guys from SoCal that came up for the shoot! They brought the Uhaul! Its a weekend camping/shooting getaway, who cares if its in NorCal or Socal, especially when you are shooting FA toys!

so is this for a weekend? I mean with school and work I can only be gone for a weekend, also you have FA toys?!?!?!?!?! Man if I go, can I just bring my own .223, .308, and 9mm to shoot out or your toys? If we could somehow coordinate this I would be a definite in going. Please keep in touch with me.

Stormfeather
01-09-2008, 7:01 PM
Approximately how many miles from San Diego? I am really interested in going and could probably carpool. And how many days does this Camping trip last?

Well, im not sure of the exact distance from San Diego, Let me check my pm's and I can put you in touch with one of the guys who came up from down there last time. It lasts all weekend, we leave bright and early on Friday morning, and usually have everything setup by noon. Tents, targets, lounge area, etc etc are usually setup before we start shooting. Then we do a safety check and range rules, and from there its range hot! Usually we stop at around 6-ish due to light constrictions. We bbq, and socialize from there. All day Saturday shooting, saturday night, shooting, then social hour. Then Sunday we do more shooting, then police call, trash burn, and final cleanup and then hit the road going back home. usually a great time for all!

redneckshootist
01-09-2008, 7:16 PM
I can make the arangements to go. also I can bring ammo/guns/food to shoot the toys.

USN CHIEF
01-09-2008, 7:20 PM
O.K, just got the O.K from the wife.. I will definately be going from San Diego. I will bring Ammo/Guns/Food and donate money to use the "Toys".

Stormfeather
01-09-2008, 7:58 PM
Great to hear Redneck and Chief! You guys do know, you can invite the s/o out as well. My gf is a shooter and she will definitely be going out with us again this year. It wouldnt hurt to have some more women out there shooting. Think of it as a family weekend camping, with guns. . .

so is this for a weekend? I mean with school and work I can only be gone for a weekend, also you have FA toys?!?!?!?!?! Man if I go, can I just bring my own .223, .308, and 9mm to shoot out or your toys? If we could somehow coordinate this I would be a definite in going. Please keep in touch with me.

Yes, its normally for a full weekend. One of the guys who comes bring up his FA toys. Im trying to set it up and find out how people want to work it. Normally I buy the ammo and everyone puts in for a group buy when that time comes to purchase it. Everyone usually donates money to help out the guy who owns the FA toys because hes on disability, so he doesnt have any income, and we put some wear and tear on his guns after a weekend of shooting. So it helps him recoup the cost of replacing barrels, springs, stuff like that. Im trying to straighten out all the finer points right now. It takes alot to plan a weekend like this!

Ech0Sierra
01-09-2008, 8:15 PM
Haha, Reno is waaaayyyy too far away for me, anyone thinking of setting up Areas 53 and 54 for SoCal gun owners?

dondo
01-09-2008, 8:24 PM
I would be WAY into this. I picked bring my own guns, Id bring food, water, ammo AND I would be more than happy to supply extra to shoot the toys and to throw some ammo or money or whatever into the pot so others could join in. Looks like a great time. Let me know, I'd love to give support to the F/A guy and throw some lead.

Stormfeather
01-09-2008, 8:53 PM
Haha, Reno is waaaayyyy too far away for me, anyone thinking of setting up Areas 53 and 54 for SoCal gun owners?

Actually, quite a few guys are coming up from SoCal, if you want to consider carpooling, I may be able to put you in contact with a few of them.

Sampachi
01-09-2008, 9:07 PM
Near Reno in April huh? If you made it for March 28-30 you could tie it in with the Reno Gun show! ;)
Even if you don't I might be interested.

Ech0Sierra
01-09-2008, 9:38 PM
Actually, quite a few guys are coming up from SoCal, if you want to consider carpooling, I may be able to put you in contact with a few of them.
Thanks, but really long car trips take their toll on me, I probably might make 20 MOA at best. Also, carpooling is a bad idea, especially with my...:puke:

Stormfeather
01-09-2008, 9:49 PM
Near Reno in April huh? If you made it for March 28-30 you could tie it in with the Reno Gun show! ;)
Even if you don't I might be interested.

Thats usually the weekend I go up and make my big ammo purchase for this shoot. The main problem with tying this in with the same weekend, is if all the calgun'ers went in there on the way to the shoot, we probally wouldnt get out of there til too late to even set up tents!
Thats why I do all the ammo purchasing beforehand!

Thanks, but really long car trips take their toll on me, I probably might make 20 MOA at best. Also, carpooling is a bad idea, especially with my...:puke:

Well, if you want to fly up, your more than welcome to do that as well. It would only be a maybe 15 minute detour to stop by the airport and pick you up! And the time spent travelling wouldnt be all that bad from SD to Reno. Plus, you wouldnt be spending that much on a round trip ticket vs gas on the trip.

ETD1010
01-09-2008, 11:02 PM
I would love to be a part of this. Just not sure if I'll have the time/money. I'll keep this thread tagged to keep up with the info....

Illiana
01-09-2008, 11:30 PM
I'm keen to attend yet again. A recommendation to others who might be interested in attending: vehicles with low ground clearance will not fare well, some of us will have winches and other vehicle recovery equipment, but it's not worth risking the damage to your low clearance auto.

draconianruler
01-10-2008, 12:40 AM
I'm keen to attend yet again. A recommendation to others who might be interested in attending: vehicles with low ground clearance will not fare well, some of us will have winches and other vehicle recovery equipment, but it's not worth risking the damage to your low clearance auto.

I had lots of fun last time. Count me in again! I'm down with whatever plans you decide.

Last year my buddies VW GTI made it :D He did loose his plastic under engine guard. This year, we're definately going to take a SUV :cool:

Stormfeather
01-10-2008, 1:36 AM
I had lots of fun last time. Count me in again! I'm down with whatever plans you decide.

Last year my buddies VW GTI made it :D He did loose his plastic under engine guard. This year, we're definately going to take a SUV :cool:

Hahahaha! Yes, folks, just like Illiana said, you probally dont want to bring "low clearence vehicles" out there! But as Draconian said, his buddys Volkswagen GTi did make it out there! I believe we made it the official cool car for that shoot! But seriously, Suv or truck is probally best, and As the guys from LA did, this year im thinking of using a Uhaul as well to transport a bunch of my stuff. I will make sure to add your folks names to the list!

odysseus
01-10-2008, 1:52 AM
This definitely sounds interesting, and not too far for me. However as fluid as things are right now, I cannot confirm. Tagged the thread.

ghettoshecky
01-10-2008, 2:07 AM
O heck yeah if you do this the weekend of March 28! I found out that is my Spring break and I don't care what work says, cuz if they make me work I'm gonna be sick! If this ties into Reno gun show all the better!! Not to mention this gives me a really good reason to get a Florida CCW now, haha I am so interested in this.

Illiana
01-10-2008, 2:19 AM

Hello Draconian! Yes, thankfully your buddy knows how to drive his car properly! I really enjoyed shooting with you both and hope to see you again and have a go with some of your nice guns :)

I was so achy and fatigued after the last OLL shoot (with a pair of respectable "gun hickies" on both shoulders and a nice blood blister on my right hand) from shooting all those great guns, that I couldn't see my chiropractic patients for 5 days. Nice souvenirs from a memorable experience:D

JeepinCal
01-10-2008, 3:21 AM
got to keep my eye on this thread .. would love to go fianly i find a good shoot fairly close to home and its about the same time the wife is due to pop out my youngest go figure...lol.. but who knows i just might be able to make it .. thats if gas isnt five bucks a gallon by then ...lol

SunriseF150
01-10-2008, 9:59 AM
Oh this sounds like fun. Lemme talk to a couple friends and see if we can set it up to go.

ohsmily
01-10-2008, 10:11 AM
I plan on making it this year since I moved to NorCal recently.

As for the poll, I plan on bringing all my own stuff, guns, ammo, food, and not shooting "the toys.'

Some suggestions to make things easier on you:
It seems like it would be easier for you to just allow people to pay to play once they are there instead of collecting money ahead of time, EXCEPT for food because it is generally perishable. So if people want you to coordinate a dinner, you should collect a fee ahead of time for that.

With regard to ammo, perhaps you should just tell people that you will have it available for purchase there, and just get a general idea of how much people will want so you can purchase accordingly. If you end up with too much ammo, you can either keep it (can't have too much) or sell it on calguns (ammo is a hot commodity these days) and will sell for what you paid for it. Either that, or just make people responsible for their own ammo...everyone going is an adult and should be able to handle it.

The only other thing that would be best to collect ahead of time is money for chemical toilets (if you rent those for the shoot) because most (if not all) would be using those.

With regard to the Title II firearms and 50BMGs that will be available to shoot, etc, you should set up a price list to shoot them (price per magazine full of ammo or however you choose to do it) and people can bring cash and pay to play there.

My .02. Though, you have already done this twice and probably know what is best.

Again, I just plan on bringing all my own stuff and not shooting the MGs and 50s.

Hopi
01-10-2008, 10:26 AM
Does anybody have the google maps location? This sounds like way too much fun!

Surveyor
01-10-2008, 1:43 PM
I'll bring a toy or two and donate to the cause. Can't wait!

Surveyor
01-10-2008, 1:47 PM

Yeah, I found the plastic on my way out. It was half burried in 2 foot deep sand by the hot springs! That's some balls to the walls driving! :punk:

12:13
01-10-2008, 2:51 PM
I'll bring a toy or two and donate to the cause. Can't wait!

You bringing another spool? Area 52 a.k.a. "Burning Wheel" (those that were there know :43:)

Stormfeather: Same deal as last time is ok by me. I'll bring my own gear as well :83:

CSACANNONEER
01-10-2008, 3:01 PM
Sounds like fun but, with my luck it will be the same weekend as the FCSA match just north of Reno. Is it just a weekend event? Or, will you guys be out there before or after the weekend?

jumbopanda
01-10-2008, 3:38 PM
The drive would be epic, but it sure sounds like fun!

Ironchef
01-10-2008, 3:49 PM

Yes, please provide coordinates please.

Also, will my minivan make it on that desert sand?

Toolbox X
01-10-2008, 4:13 PM
I will be there this year, possibly with some of my shooting friends.

Money is tight, so I would prefer to bring my own food and ammo. I'm surviving off the cases of ammo I bought right before prices became insane. I'm happy to pitch in for use of the FA's, potty, land, etc.

-Grant

Stormfeather
01-10-2008, 6:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopi

To be honest, after all the grief that I got from another firearms forum, I made the decision from the begining to not put a location out there because of people who said they would make a point of coming out to disrupt it. But you can pm me for details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironchef
Yes, please provide coordinates please.

The location is Nevada, please pm me for exact coordinates. As far as your mini-van, I would normally say no, but then again, a guy brought his Volkswagen Gti last time and he made it out there! So I would have to say, if you chose to bring a non-off road vehicle, please remember that you do so at your own risk.

draconianruler
01-10-2008, 7:37 PM
Yeah, I found the plastic on my way out. It was half burried in 2 foot deep sand by the hot springs! That's some balls to the walls driving! :punk:
Good thing it was only the plastic undercarrage and not the entire car with us stranded in it :eek: :gene:

I wouldn't recommend taking a minivan or other normal car. We ended up in taking the GTI because we were mistakenly informed that it wasn't hilly or bumpy up there :kest: I have to admit that I have alot more respect for the GTI after that trip :auto:

I like the recommendation of paying per mag to use the "toys" or some means of equal rotation. Some of us didn't get to shoot them as much as others :68:

TK6790
01-11-2008, 6:23 PM

WOO HOO.... Long live my Uhaul....... Yes, 4 of us came up from Orange County. I think the worst part of the trip was sleeping on Stormfeather's floor, but after that all was awesome.....

I plan to come up this year.... But it will all depend on the actual date.

TK6790
01-11-2008, 6:40 PM
Originally Posted by Ironchef

Yep, the GTi had some trouble, but I also hauled a 12 foot Uhaul behind my Xterra. Most of the off road is dry lakebed, BUT there are some hills and deep ruts to get through at the end.... We were all shocked the VW made it...

Hey Stormfeather.... Don't know what the dates are planned for this year, but in Mid-April is much better for me. In fact, the weekend of the 25th, I have to be in San Diego. The 11th or 18th weekend are the only ones I can make. And by weekend, I of course mean Thursday to Monday again....

Hey, just quick note (especially for the new people that might join the group this year)....

We had an awesome group last year. You should know that SAFETY is the #1 concern, especially with what amounts to a group of strangers. So before you decide to come out, please take a close look at your personality and your own thoughts on gun safety..... I know that most people, are great people, and responsible people..... But we have all met people that are @$$holes when they use a gun.

MY POINT: If you are an @$$hole when you go shooting, please don't bother coming out. @$$holes will quickly learn the the zero tolerance :mad: any of us have for stupidity with guns.

On a brighter note: Those of you that are not in the above category (i.e., not @$$holes but responsible gun owners), it would be awesome to have you join in the fun. ;-D

~Andrew

P.S. - Don't touch the damm video camera...... For those that know what this means, you know... For those that dont, dont... ;-)

apbrian112
01-11-2008, 7:14 PM
sounds like a blast guys... wish i could make it out. have fun and stay safe out there!! looking forward to pics and vids!!

Stormfeather
01-14-2008, 4:20 AM
Yep, the GTi had some trouble, but I also hauled a 12 foot Uhaul behind my Xterra. Most of the off road is dry lakebed, BUT there are some hills and deep ruts to get through at the end.... We were all shocked the VW made it...

Hey Stormfeather.... Don't know what the dates are planned for this year, but in Mid-April is much better for me. In fact, the weekend of the 25th, I have to be in San Diego. The 11th or 18th weekend are the only ones I can make. And by weekend, I of course mean Thursday to Monday again....

Hey, just quick note (especially for the new people that might join the group this year)....

We had an awesome group last year. You should know that SAFETY is the #1 concern, especially with what amounts to a group of strangers. So before you decide to come out, please take a close look at your personality and your own thoughts on gun safety..... I know that most people, are great people, and responsible people..... But we have all met people that are @$$holes when they use a gun.

MY POINT: If you are an @$$hole when you go shooting, please don't bother coming out. @$$holes will quickly learn the the zero tolerance :mad: any of us have for stupidity with guns.

On a brighter note: Those of you that are not in the above category (i.e., not @$$holes but responsible gun owners), it would be awesome to have you join in the fun. ;-D

~Andrew

P.S. - Don't touch the damm video camera...... For those that know what this means, you know... For those that dont, dont... ;-)

Andrew, first and foremost, congrats on the job, I heard from Scooter and he relayed it to me.
Great info for the folks that havent been there. Im still trying to firm down a date, Im getting alot of responses but they are extremely varied. I will also be sitting down with Jim and setting up the exact date in coordination with him.
I will keep you in the loop!
Bill

TK6790
01-15-2008, 8:37 AM
Andrew, first and foremost, congrats on the job, I heard from Scooter and he relayed it to me.
Great info for the folks that havent been there. Im still trying to firm down a date, Im getting alot of responses but they are extremely varied. I will also be sitting down with Jim and setting up the exact date in coordination with him.
I will keep you in the loop!
Bill

Thanks bud... The new job is great.... Thats one of the reasons why I put up the warning.... So people don't see me put on my evil attorney face... :43: The transformation to evil attorney is kind of like the transformation into the HULK... Minus the green skin though.... ;-)

On a brighter note, I can now defend all you criminals that came out last year.... :rolleyes:

Stormfeather
01-15-2008, 7:37 PM
Thanks bud... The new job is great.... Thats one of the reasons why I put up the warning.... So people don't see me put on my evil attorney face... :43: The transformation to evil attorney is kind of like the transformation into the HULK... Minus the green skin though.... ;-)

On a brighter note, I can now defend all you criminals that came out last year.... :rolleyes:

Sure it wont be a conflict of interest? :D

Surveyor
01-19-2008, 1:55 AM
You bringing another spool? Area 52 a.k.a. "Burning Wheel" (those that were there know :43:)

So far I haven't been able to come up with one, but I'll keep looking.

Dragonfly
01-20-2008, 10:05 PM
I'm going too...
Yes, This year Stormfeather will have his own personal Senior Administrative Assistant. :rofl2:
This year the wrist is better so I want to "play" more than I did last year.

Hope to see those of you from last year.

PsychoTrucker
01-20-2008, 11:11 PM
got my own 4x4 with cabover camper, will bring guns/food/ammo/quad and "donate" for use of "toys"

looks very similar to the trips me and a few friends make to just outside havasu

and re: the video "insert missing footage here" = massive LOLZ

Stormfeather
01-22-2008, 7:13 PM
OK guys, we are going to have a change in dates, I hope this wont be messing up anyone too badly. I know some wont be able to make it because of the date change, and Im sorry about that. But due to some scheduling conflicts, this has to be done.

The date will be approximately the second weekend in May. This way it will give folks more time to plan and set aside funds for ammo.

Just a fyi, folks who have four-wheelers/atv's, this is also an ample time to bring those as well. The regoin has some great off roading areas, which are great for four-wheeling. There are also hot springs nearby for that 'jacuzzi" effect after a hard day of having fun.
Please pm with a yes/no/maybe so we can start a list and set things into motion. I still havent came up with an exact solution to how we are going to set it up in regards to the ammo buy, but I more than likely will be running it the same as I did last year for those that remember and were there.
I also would like to get ahold of anybody who has contacts in making/screenprinting t-shirts as this year I want to make sure that everyone who donates has a t-shirt to commemorate this event!
For those that havent been to this event, please pm me beforehand so we can discuss details in re: to needed gear, "range-behavior" ( i know that sounds funny, but last year we had some hiccups that we dont want to repeat, video getting erased, "clique'ing" things of that nature.) So lets start getting the camping gear out and get ready to have some fun!

draconianruler
01-22-2008, 7:40 PM
I wonder if I will have enough money to buy an ATV by May LOL.

You can count on my buddy and me coming again (and not in a GTI). Let us know if you need any help.

Stormfeather
01-22-2008, 7:54 PM
I wonder if I will have enough money to buy an ATV by May LOL.

You can count on my buddy and me coming again (and not in a GTI). Let us know if you need any help.

Will do, please pm me with OLL Shoot in the "RE:" line so I can keep it on my list there in messages.

Rwhat
01-22-2008, 7:56 PM
It sounds good. I'm very interested. Is a 4wd required for the drive?

emc002
01-22-2008, 8:02 PM
Sounds like a blast and mid-May works great!
FWIW, I like the "pay to play" suggestion for the "toys" like was mentioned previously.
Can you PM me the approximate location (e.g. 2 hours south/north/east of Reno)?

Stormfeather
01-22-2008, 8:46 PM
It sounds good. I'm very interested. Is a 4wd required for the drive?

No, 4wd is NOT required, but, if in a pickup truck, please make sure you have "some" clearence. Last year we had a Volkswagon Gti make it to the location. If that car can do it, any truck can. (Given of course its nto one of those low-rider bagged trucks.)

Sounds like a blast and mid-May works great!
FWIW, I like the "pay to play" suggestion for the "toys" like was mentioned previously.
Can you PM me the approximate location (e.g. 2 hours south/north/east of Reno)?

We will be approx a hour and a half Northeast from Reno to the offroad entrance, then to get to the camp site, is another 45 minutes.

TK6790
01-23-2008, 8:16 PM
Hey Bill..... Just something I noticed...... If the shoot gets scheduled for the second weekend in May (the weekend of the 11th), many probably wont be able to make it cause it is Mother's day.

I for one would get shot with my own guns if I missed Mothers Day.....

Stormfeather
01-23-2008, 10:03 PM
Hey Bill..... Just something I noticed...... If the shoot gets scheduled for the second weekend in May (the weekend of the 11th), many probably wont be able to make it cause it is Mother's day.

I noticed this and will be talking to Jim tomorrow about it.

Toolbox X
01-24-2008, 11:01 AM

ACK!!! Yeah, my wife tolerates my "hobby" but that is largely due to me paying proper respect during those designated times. Any weekend but that one and I will be there.

-Grant

chiefcrash
01-24-2008, 1:59 PM
last year was great, but i think we need to up the ante a bit......

i'm thinkin' an old mannequin and about 10 lbs of tannerite....

and if i can find someone to lend me a projector, maybe some midnight desert movies....

draconianruler
01-24-2008, 10:45 PM
It would be cool if we can get some steel targets or something else more interactive to shoot.

Stormfeather
01-25-2008, 7:10 AM
Im going to have a talk with everyone going and see about setting up a few courses, and having folks bring a multitude of different style of targets so to change things up. Hopefully Surveyor will hook up another spool!

chiefcrash
01-31-2008, 11:18 PM
So far I haven't been able to come up with one, but I'll keep looking.

see if you can't find a full sized mannequin too. I have *evil* ideas... bwahahaha....

DedEye
01-31-2008, 11:37 PM
I'm in.

12:13
02-01-2008, 6:34 AM
see if you can't find a full sized mannequin too. I have *evil* ideas... bwahahaha....

A mannequin, that's a great idea. Several would be even better!:43:

Stormfeather
02-01-2008, 9:41 AM
Ok folks, the offical date has been set! I know some folks wont be able to make it, and for some it means they now will. Im sorry if that is the case if this date change makes it so you cant make it, but theres always the next one in the fall!

The Official Date Of The 3rd Annual Area 52 Shoot is May 16th to May 18th!

* - We will pull out of the Pleasanton/Bay Area approximately 0500 and head towards Sacramento to meet at a pre-designated site.
* - At apprx 0800 We will be leaving Sacramento from the pre-designated site and make our way to Reno.
* - A stop off in Reno at the Sportsmans Warehouse for any final knick-knacks that you may need for the weekend and to refuel.
* - Final Stop approx 45 minutes away from our target area before we make the offroad portion of our trip. Here is where you will do your final refuel, and get any other necessities you may have forgotten along the way. Batteries, disposable camera, peanut butter for Soldier415, duct tape etc etc.
* - Upon arrival, we will set up base camp, bathroom areas, the firing line, targets and the firepit.
* - After everything has been set up, We will have safety briefing, designating impact areas, conduct, and afterwards addressing any concerns or questions you may have.
* - After safety meeting, we will then go Range Hot til Sunday!

Im going to set the deadline for donations at April 15th. The reason being that I have to design then order the t-shirts and put in my order for the bulk ammo. Donations can be made via cash/check/money order/discrete paypal. If doing Paypal please include 3% for paypal fees. (I got killed on them last time as mostly everyone did paypal!)

We will be in need of the following items. . . please inform me if you plan on bringing them so as not to overstock too much of one item and not enough of the other. ie; 200 cans of orange paint and no targetstands, etc etc!
* Target stands
* mannequins, or mannequin heads, ie styrofoam wig holders
* orange spray paint,
* laser range finder to designate target distance.
* staple gun WITH staples. :D
* a couple of extra camp chairs
* folding table can be the card playing kind or the long ones, Prefer the long ones.
* cases of shooting clays, prefer red/orange/yellow faces, not black.
* motorola style radios to maintain radio contact while in convoy status, and helps maintain radio contact if you have to drive somewhere while out in the camping area. Safety First Folks!

I will add to this list as we get closer to the final date, and update everyone appropriately! For those coming from WAY down south, please let me know ahead of time, as we have a group coming from the LA area, and im sure they can give you an exact route to where we are going, or you can convoy with them. It may make sense to just convoy with them as they know where we are going already from prior camping trips. Lets get those calendars marked and start making plans! Please make sure that I have your shirt sizes as well for all those that have/will be donating!

ETA: folks who have four-wheelers/atv's, this is also an ample time to bring those as well. The reigon has some great off roading areas, which are great for four-wheeling. There are also hot springs nearby for that 'jacuzzi" effect after a hard day of having fun.

As a further note, anything you bring with you, please plan on bringing it back, or putting it on the burn pile. I will not allow this area to be left "trashed" by us. Responsible shooting includes cleaning up after yourself. The past few years we have had ZERO issues with this and I would love to keep it this way! Also, im entertaining the idea of a "Tannerite Shoot". . . . Any input folks?

hangman7
02-01-2008, 9:55 PM
I've got a couple of cases of Tannerite I can bring. Also 2 VW engine blocks. If anyone else can round some air cooled VW engine cases night time shooting will be much brighter.
What's the suggested monetary contribution?

ldivinag
02-01-2008, 11:02 PM
1. is this shoot "clothing optional?"

2. and is it 50bmg friendly?

ldivinag
02-01-2008, 11:09 PM
speaking of 4 wheelin...

bill, can you PM me the location of this place? gps coords?

i belong to a 4wd club (www.gettinoff4x4.net) and maybe i can do half shoot/half 4 wheeling weekend thingee...

Stormfeather
02-02-2008, 8:02 AM
1. is this shoot "clothing optional?"

2. and is it 50bmg friendly?

Leo, for you, I will make this a clothing optional shoot just so you and Soldier415 and Chief Usn can all pal around in the buff wearing nothing but thigh rigs and Hawaiian Tropic Bronzing lotion! You guys can discuss the merits of "Bro-Mance" amongst male friends and the effects of solar radiation on the human testicle. All for you buddy! :D
There will be women out there, so um, good taste rules are also in effect! No lighting farts over the campfire til after 11:30 pm. (Surveyor!)

Yes, we are 50bmg friendly!

TK6790
02-02-2008, 8:50 AM
* - We will pull out of the Pleasanton/Bay Area approximately 0500 and head towards Sacramento to meet at a pre-designated site.

The OC group is thinking we might head straight on through to Reno. Dan of I will definitely make sure to keep you in the loop on what our travel plans are. if we go straight, we will probably just meet you guys at the super secret unknown private ranch location. Since I lead the 'Ride of the Valyries" charge last year, I kinda know where it is...... :cool2:

* cases of shooting clays, prefer red/orange/yellow faces, not black.

Just a thought.... Since zero impact is extremely imporant, I suggest no clays.... God knows I'm not going to walk that range picking up all the little pieces of clay.....

As of right now, it looks like the So Cal group may be 6-8, but now that a date is set we will firm up that number soon. Thanks for getting this stuff all organized again bill....

Stormfeather
02-02-2008, 9:41 AM
The OC group is thinking we might head straight on through to Reno. Dan of I will definitely make sure to keep you in the loop on what our travel plans are. if we go straight, we will probably just meet you guys at the super secret unknown private ranch location. Since I lead the 'Ride of the Valyries" charge last year, I kinda know where it is...... :cool2:
Just a thought.... Since zero impact is extremely imporant, I suggest no clays.... God knows I'm not going to walk that range picking up all the little pieces of clay.....
As of right now, it looks like the So Cal group may be 6-8, but now that a date is set we will firm up that number soon. Thanks for getting this stuff all organized again bill....

I may have a few people that may want to convoy up if thats cool with you. Ive got a few LA folks that want to go but are not sure of the best route, do you mind if I put them in contact with you?
The zero impact portion is what we strive for, but I do have a plan for the shooting clays that is z/i as well. Im actually going to be setting up a handgun course off to the side this year and will be using tarps underneath the target stands. Ive used this system before and its worked out pretty good so Im going to try it out there this year.
Let me know the OC numbers as soon as you can as Im trying to get a firm count by the end of the month at the latest. Make sure you get sizes as well for me plus the other info so I can add it to my spreadsheet!
Look forward to shooting with you guys again!

TK6790
02-03-2008, 9:34 AM
I may have a few people that may want to convoy up if thats cool with you. Ive got a few LA folks that want to go but are not sure of the best route, do you mind if I put them in contact with you?

What...... A bunch of scary crazy so cal people..... 8-0 HA Yeah, no problem.... I'll work with Dan and we can coordinate for the So Cal people... Go ahead and give them my email address.

Let me know the OC numbers as soon as you can as Im trying to get a firm count by the end of the month at the latest. Make sure you get sizes as well for me plus the other info so I can add it to my spreadsheet!
Look forward to shooting with you guys again!

Will do...

By the way..... You told me before that Jim was trying to get in contact with me. I've sent him a couple of emails but have not heard anything back from him. I don't know if he is still looking for me, but since you talk to him more, please let him know if he needs anything to just call my cell. :)

blisster
02-03-2008, 9:54 AM
I've always wanted to do something like this. Are newbies to CalGuns welcome on this trip?

cactus
02-03-2008, 10:13 AM
I know ive already pmed but baring any unexpected schedule changes count me and my son in for our attendance. Ill bring a pop up some chairs and what ever else may be needed. Look forward to meet you all!

PsychoTrucker
02-03-2008, 11:47 PM
What...... A bunch of scary crazy so cal people..... 8-0 HA Yeah, no problem.... I'll work with Dan and we can coordinate for the So Cal people... Go ahead and give them my email address.
HEYYYYY....I'm only scary at night. When the day gets closer if we could work out a meet up so I can join the convoy would be awesome

sloguy
02-04-2008, 12:49 AM
i would be interested in going but i would need to know roughly where it is so i can plan gas and other things.

i have things like chairs, tables, coolers, shade canopies, cooking abilities, spare tents, ect.

anyone in the slo area want to rideshare or something? basically ill drive if someone wanted to pay for gas on the trip. maybe i get better mileage than someone who only drives a guzzler? might be worth it for someone.

also, if i was able to go, would anyone be interested in having my bbq again?

sac5.0
02-04-2008, 6:57 AM
speaking of 4 wheelin...

bill, can you PM me the location of this place? gps coords?

i belong to a 4wd club (www.gettinoff4x4.net) and maybe i can do half shoot/half 4 wheeling weekend thingee...i have a 95 sa toyota and was planning on doing some wheeling also while we were up there.
joe

Stormfeather
02-04-2008, 7:42 AM
i would be interested in going but i would need to know roughly where it is so i can plan gas and other things.

i have things like chairs, tables, coolers, shade canopies, cooking abilities, spare tents, ect.

anyone in the slo area want to rideshare or something? basically ill drive if someone wanted to pay for gas on the trip. maybe i get better mileage than someone who only drives a guzzler? might be worth it for someone.

also, if i was able to go, would anyone be interested in having my bbq again?

PM inbound for you with more details SLO, and yes, you need to bring your BBQ, I hear its legendary!

I've always wanted to do something like this. Are newbies to CalGuns welcome on this trip?

Blisster, this is an open Calguns camping trip. I am just the one trying to coordinate all of us, and yes, it is open to all our calguns friends!

i have a 95 sa toyota and was planning on doing some wheeling also while we were up there.
joe

By all means, You and the Mrs will love it! Tons of areas to 4x4/atv at!

Stormfeather
02-04-2008, 8:07 AM

Thanks! I will use you guys down there as my road guards for this then!

By the way..... You told me before that Jim was trying to get in contact with me. I've sent him a couple of emails but have not heard anything back from him. I don't know if he is still looking for me, but since you talk to him more, please let him know if he needs anything to just call my cell. :)

I passed your email/cell number onto him, I think he had some legal questions regarding the midgets and handcuffs he wanted to talk about, but im not going to speak in his place if you know what I mean!

TK6790
02-04-2008, 8:33 PM
I passed your email/cell number onto him, I think he had some legal questions regarding the midgets and handcuffs he wanted to talk about, but im not going to speak in his place if you know what I mean!

Well you are kinda short Bill, but I don't think anyone would ever call you a midget....... ;-)

Seriously though... No problem with having me coordinate for the So Cal caravan.

On a side note..... The OC group is planning something unbelievably cool for the trip.... Sorry, no hints................. But if it works, it will be EPIC... :D

DedEye
02-05-2008, 12:46 AM
I'm 99% sure I can go as of now, and even if I can't I'm going to go :43:. Problem is, no car. Who wants to give me a ride from Santa Barbara area (I'll be chipping in for gas of course)?

Exposed
02-05-2008, 12:57 AM
Oh My God that looks like a blast! I want to play. I am willing to bring as much ammo as I can carry and some food. My toys are no way as fun as those but I can bring what I have anyway. :36:

aileron
02-05-2008, 6:29 AM
With a name like Area 52, you should have t-shirts made up. :)

ohsmily
02-05-2008, 8:42 AM
With a name like Area 52, you should have t-shirts made up. :)

He is.

Stormfeather
02-05-2008, 12:40 PM
Yes, I am working on the t-shirt design as we speak. I am hoping that everyone who is going remembers to pm me their shirt size as well. Im also open to anyone who has artistic abilities better than my stick figure drawings helping me out! All you guys who like to doodle, (on a scratch pad, . . .) are welcome to send designs my way. Also, any contributing members or Plank owners please feel free to send me stuff as well! You guys have been there already, so your input is very well respected!

Jax
02-05-2008, 1:44 PM
I think the best way to do it is to sell your ammo for the use of the toys to anyone who wants to go FA. A couple of bucks extra per box, to cover your time, wear on the weapon and the ammo. firing someones elses ammo is up to you.

Food should be BYO, but if people want to pitch in and start a pot-luck, guys/gals should commit to a certain food now so you dont end up with 2000lbs of potato salad and no plates...lol

My daughter organizes these things for 200+ people for her cosplay gatherings.... if you dont know what that is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosplay...strange girl, but I love her.

My daughter also recommends a published list of "must bring BYO" items, if its an overnight gathering. Create a check list for people to cut/paste and check off the items needed.

For people coming from way out she assigns a "sponsor" to make sure they know the drill and how to get there. I dont think you will get a lot of Canadians, Japanese and British tourist...but you never know..the lure of NFA weapons is strong.

I'm going. I will dont know my working schedule yet, but that seems like a must-be-there weekend to me.

DedEye
02-05-2008, 4:30 PM
I think the best way to do it is to sell your ammo for the use of the toys to anyone who wants to go FA. A couple of bucks extra per box, to cover your time, wear on the weapon and the ammo. firing someones elses ammo is up to you.

Food should be BYO, but if people want to pitch in and start a pot-luck, guys/gals should commit to a certain food now so you dont end up with 2000lbs of potato salad and no plates...lol

My daughter organizes these things for 200+ people for her cosplay gatherings.... if you dont know what that is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosplay...strange girl, but I love her.

My daughter also recommends a published list of "must bring BYO" items, if its an overnight gathering. Create a check list for people to cut/paste and check off the items needed.

For people coming from way out she assigns a "sponsor" to make sure they know the drill and how to get there. I dont think you will get a lot of Canadians, Japanese and British tourist...but you never know..the lure of NFA weapons is strong.

I'm going. I will dont know my working schedule yet, but that seems like a must-be-there weekend to me.

Is your daughter coming and is she single?

Stormfeather
02-05-2008, 5:21 PM
I think the best way to do it is to sell your ammo for the use of the toys to anyone who wants to go FA. A couple of bucks extra per box, to cover your time, wear on the weapon and the ammo. firing someones elses ammo is up to you..

We are going to run by the same standards we set up on the last two times we did this. Since it seems to be a winning formula, I figured I might as well stick with it.

Food should be BYO, but if people want to pitch in and start a pot-luck, guys/gals should commit to a certain food now so you dont end up with 2000lbs of potato salad and no plates...lol.

Yes, food will be BYO. Some of the guys are talking about setting up a potluck style dinner for saturday night. Im going to let them figure that part out, but everyone will be kept "in the know" about it so they can plan accordingly.

My daughter organizes these things for 200+ people for her cosplay gatherings.... if you dont know what that is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosplay...strange girl, but I love her..

Im wanting to keep this a bit smaller in profile. This is merely a "friends of CalGuns camping trip"

My daughter also recommends a published list of "must bring BYO" items, if its an overnight gathering. Create a check list for people to cut/paste and check off the items needed..

Check! We have the checklist already in hand. Just waiting to get a basic idea of how many is going at this point.

For people coming from way out she assigns a "sponsor" to make sure they know the drill and how to get there. I dont think you will get a lot of Canadians, Japanese and British tourist...but you never know..the lure of NFA weapons is strong..

As it stands right now, this is open to Calgun'ers only. Some are bringing their S/O and that is fine. But as im the one trying to put this together, im limiting it to members and s/o's at this time.

Its definitely a fun weekend. I will send you a PM, please read thru it carefully and return it with all questions answered.

Egads, we're not hosting a intergalactic kegger here folks! Please keep all E-Harmony interactions on the down-low!

aileron
02-05-2008, 5:51 PM

This is such a post whore comment. :rolleyes:

DedEye
02-05-2008, 5:52 PM
This is such a post whore comment. :rolleyes:

Or a cold streak and bored at work comment :p.

We can't all be as smooth as Neil ;).

Stormfeather
02-05-2008, 5:59 PM
I'm 99% sure I can go as of now, and even if I can't I'm going to go :43:. Problem is, no car. Who wants to give me a ride from Santa Barbara area (I'll be chipping in for gas of course)?

Dedeye, touch base with calguns member "tk6790" as he may be able to help you out with your delimna(sp?)

blisster
02-05-2008, 6:19 PM
So it looks like WCEVIPER and I will be coming, not sure about the s/o's yet. What info do you need from us Storm?

Stormfeather
02-05-2008, 7:34 PM
So it looks like WCEVIPER and I will be coming, not sure about the s/o's yet. What info do you need from us Storm?

PM inbound

Stormfeather
02-05-2008, 9:43 PM
Ok folks, weve got a pretty good idea of who all is going so far, and I want to thank everyone for their responses. Also, for those of you who are going and havent pm'ed me yet, please do so, so we can add your name to the list. I wanted to touch base on a few things so as to clear up any confusion. Donations are to be received no later than april 15th, preferably by April 1st. Please note, and contact me for details in regards to this.

1- First and foremost, this is a Calguns OLL Shoot. Bring your own toys as well. Although we plan on having stuff out there, we are not in the practice of supplying everything you will need for a weekend shooting in the desert.

2- Safety is our UTMOST priority. There will be no compromising on this. No questions asked. Any unsafe acts, negligent discharges, or plain stupidity and you will be asked to leave. I refuse to put my safety and the safety of my friends on the line because someone wants to act like a idiot. If you cant live with this, then please dont come. I am by far a range nazi, and I am looking forward to a fun weekend in the desert, I just want to make sure everyone is safe as well.

3- You do not have to donate if you plan on coming out and bringing all of your own ammo for your own guns. If you plan on shooting the other guns, then you must donate for the group buy either for the full amount, which has been establlished, or the "per magazine" amount, which is yet to be determined.

4- The following is a list of items you will need while out there at the shoot. Please copy/paste and form your own checklist, please check, re-check, triple-check, then check again!

* hearing protection
* eye protection
* sunglasses
* sunscreen
* hat/head covering of some sort
* warm clothing for evening/ cool clothing for daytime
* Food/water for 3 days.
* cleaning kits for guns, extra parts for repairs.
* Targets, remember, if you bring it, you must take it with you unless you burn it afterwards.
* small first aid kit
* motorola style radio
* folding chairs
* tent
* sleeping bag/sleeping apparatus
* portable awning if you want shade (reccomended)
* a small amount of firewood
* flashlight w/spare batteries
* chapstick
* camera/camcorder
* PAB (personal adult beverages) if youre drinking, no shooting!
* Blue tarp for the firing line.
* laser rangefinder, Im hoping at least one person can bring one.
* trash bags for your personal camp spot. carry out/burn what you bring in.
* holster for sidearm. Some folks like the freedom of open carry for the weekend, so bring one and try it out!

Im sure there is a ton Ive missed, and Im sure some of the guys who have been out there can chime in and remind me, please feel free to post here and I will add it to the list!

Stormfeather
02-07-2008, 6:53 PM
Ok folks, SLOGuy has offered to do his famous BBQ for the saturday night. I wanted to get your folks opinions on this. It will encompass a couple more dollars which you guys will donate to him. He will do all the prep and cooking for it. I believe hes wanting to do tri-tip. Lets get some thoughts on this and let me know here please!

Also, if you havent pm'ed me with your info (shirt size, people coming, etc etc) please do so here soon as the slots are filling up.

sloguy
02-08-2008, 8:34 AM
hello everyone.

the bbq costs break down like this, if 50 people give me 15 bucks each i can prepare, transport, and cook 2lbs (uncooked weight)of tritip per person. if 50 people gave 20 bucks each i can do 3lbs each. basically once the big costs are taken care of i can make more for less. i can work out other estimates depending on how much and how many people go in on this.

truthfully, if i dont take donations and cook for people then i pretty much wont be able to go. its about 1100 miles round trip for me and i expect to spend most of a day cooking while im out there, and probably 8 hours or more doing prep on the meat before i go. 100 lbs of meat takes a lotta work to prep.

i think 15 bucks is quite reasonable considering ill be providing 2 lbs of bbq tritip for about the same price as two fastfood meals.

so, guys, let me know your thoughts on this.

sac5.0
02-08-2008, 8:53 AM
hello everyone.

the bbq costs break down like this, if 50 people give me 15 bucks each i can prepare, transport, and cook 2lbs (uncooked weight)of tritip per person. if 50 people gave 20 bucks each i can do 3lbs each. basically once the big costs are taken care of i can make more for less. i can work out other estimates depending on how much and how many people go in on this.

truthfully, if i dont take donations and cook for people then i pretty much wont be able to go. its about 1100 miles round trip for me and i expect to spend most of a day cooking while im out there, and probably 8 hours or more doing prep on the meat before i go. 100 lbs of meat takes a lotta work to prep.

i think 15 bucks is quite reasonable considering ill be providing 2 lbs of bbq tritip for about the same price as two fastfood meals.

so, guys, let me know your thoughts on this.
i would be willing to donate 20 bucks for a 3 pound tri tip. that would be enough for me and the wife for dinner.:D plus not having to do any prep or cooking i would even make it 25 just for you effort. the only question is can you actually BBQ .:)joe

blisster
02-08-2008, 8:53 AM
sounds good! I'll throw down $15-20 for a BBQ Saturday night. I'd be happy to help out with the 'Cue if needed as well.

packnrat
02-08-2008, 9:28 AM
yes put down my name for this event, pending money problems i should be able to make it,
as for the bbq do we need to send up front or pay when we get there?

and what are the gps numbers?

you say it takes a 4x4 to get there? does this just mean the truck should have it of it takes a real 4X4 to get there?

i will put in for the time off next week.
(union shop so need a big lead time just for time off)

sloguy
02-08-2008, 9:38 AM
yes put down my name for this event, pending money problems i should be able to make it,

you say it takes a 4x4 to get there? does this just mean the truck should have it of it takes a real 4X4 to get there?

my bbq takes a week to prepare. so money would have to come in far in advance.

i do not know the terrain. i am curious about that aspect myself. looks pretty flat to me.

Stormfeather
02-08-2008, 10:48 AM

Pm has been sent PacknRat.

You wont need a 4x4 to get there. Just a vehicle with a normal ground clearence is fine. Because you will be loaded up for the weekend with camping gear, a normal car wont have as much ground clearence so it may become an issue. I reccomend a truck, and it doesnt have to be 4x4. Our shooting site is pretty flat with mountains as our backstop. Transit to/from will be pretty easy, but there is one portion where it gets a bit bumpy. As was stated earlier, a volkswagon Gti made it out last year but he did lose the plastic brushguard underneath his car. So traveler beware. The date for this is May 16th to the 18th, so I hope this gives you enough lead time to take off.

Stormfeather
02-09-2008, 1:17 AM
Mass Pm has been sent out to everyone who expressed interest. Please read over and let me know if you have any questions! :)

sloguy
02-09-2008, 8:28 AM
im starting a list of people who want me to do bbq.

i have 3 people on the list so far.

ive done the math as best i can and it would break down like this. if 25 people give 15 bucks each i can do 1lb each. if 50 people give 15 bucks each i can do 2lbs each if 100 people give 15 bucks each i can do well over 3 lbs each. thats 300 lbs of bbq!!!!! the more i do the less it costs sort of thing.

please note that if only 25 people go in then id need 20 bucks each to do 2 lbs each. when i have 25 people who confirm they want to do this then its a for sure thing and i can start collecting funds.

personally i will be planning to make a good 6 or 7 lbs for myself, so i can ice it and reheat it for breakfasts and lunches. eat good all weekend sort of thing. maybe some of you would want to sign up for double portions?

if enough people go in on this then i can start diversifying the meal. doing sausages, maybe a pasta dish, salads, baked beans, ect. what i can do grows exponentially with more money. i dont mind the extra work, i love to cook.

-sloguy-

Stormfeather
02-09-2008, 1:18 PM
im starting a list of people who want me to do bbq.

i have 3 people on the list so far.

ive done the math as best i can and it would break down like this. if 25 people give 15 bucks each i can do 1lb each. if 50 people give 15 bucks each i can do 2lbs each if 100 people give 15 bucks each i can do well over 3 lbs each. thats 300 lbs of bbq!!!!! the more i do the less it costs sort of thing.

please note that if only 25 people go in then id need 20 bucks each to do 2 lbs each. when i have 25 people who confirm they want to do this then its a for sure thing and i can start collecting funds.

personally i will be planning to make a good 6 or 7 lbs for myself, so i can ice it and reheat it for breakfasts and lunches. eat good all weekend sort of thing. maybe some of you would want to sign up for double portions?

if enough people go in on this then i can start diversifying the meal. doing sausages, maybe a pasta dish, salads, baked beans, ect. what i can do grows exponentially with more money. i dont mind the extra work, i love to cook.

-sloguy-

Count me in plus 1, total of 2 people for meals.

sloguy
02-10-2008, 7:00 AM
Count me in plus 1, total of 2 people for meals.

got you down. thanks.

blisster
02-10-2008, 2:39 PM
got you down. thanks.

count me in too!

sloguy
02-10-2008, 4:31 PM
count me in too!

got ya. thanks.

Stormfeather
02-13-2008, 7:38 PM
add another to my personal count, turns out the s/o's dad is going to come.

So its me plus 2

sloguy
02-14-2008, 11:53 AM
add another to my personal count, turns out the s/o's dad is going to come.

So its me plus 2

got it. thanks

Stubby
02-14-2008, 3:23 PM
Add 2 more for the bbq.

wceviper
02-14-2008, 5:39 PM
got you down. thanks.

I'm in too.

sloguy
02-14-2008, 5:46 PM
I'm in too.

cool, i got you and stubby down.

cactus
02-15-2008, 10:48 AM
Im also in for the BBQ let me know how to send payment and ill send it. Also storm im more than likely working friday but would love to meet you guys up there on Sat afternoon can you possibly send directions when the date comes closer. If t shirts do become available let me know about that as well and ill send payment promptly.

sloguy
02-15-2008, 6:39 PM
i am happy to announce that i have generated some funds and i will be going to the area52 shoot for sure. this no longer hinges on enough people wanting me to cook for them. its not a maybe anymore!!! im going and im bbqing!!!

so, pm me and ill give out my info to mail checks, or paypal or however you want to get bbq money to me.

sloguy
02-16-2008, 4:58 PM
i have pm'd my contact info to all who have contacted me about bbq. i will need funds in hand for when i go buy the meat approx one week before the event.

anyone else want in on the bbq? please contact me

emc002
02-16-2008, 7:04 PM
Couple questions:

Will there be separate pistol, rifle, long range rifle, trap/skeet shooting ranges set up?

Anybody interested in playing in an evening poker tournament?

Can we get a meet up time in Reno? If anyone wants to carpool out of the Stanislaus/San Joaquin/Calaveras/Amador counties, I've got room for two more right now. PM me if you're interested.
We'll be meeting off Highway 88 and heading over the pass to 395 then to Reno.

Also:
I can bring my two pistol target stands.

I can print 24"x36" tactical pistol targets (or other varieties for that matter) for those that are interested.

Stormfeather
02-16-2008, 7:47 PM
Couple questions:
Will there be separate pistol, rifle, long range rifle, trap/skeet shooting ranges set up?
Anybody interested in playing in an evening poker tournament?
Can we get a meet up time in Reno? If anyone wants to carpool out of the Stanislaus/San Joaquin/Calaveras/Amador counties, I've got room for two more right now. PM me if you're interested.
We'll be meeting off Highway 88 and heading over the pass to 395 then to Reno.
Also:
I can bring my two pistol target stands.
I can print 24"x36" tactical pistol targets (or other varieties for that matter) for those that are interested.

Im thinking of setting up a combat pistol style course, but the main range will be for rifle/long range rifle. As far as skeet/trap, we havent done this before because of the mess that clay pigeons leave. We have set the standard of leaving the area spotless when we depart, and there are no traces of our being there besides tire tracks. I have no problems with folks shooting skeet/trap, but only as long as the mess is cleaned up. When we arrived last year, the only trace we found of our being there the year before was our original tire tracks leading out, the place was untouched since we had left the year before. Not only do I expect this out of everyone who goes, I want it to remain this way for future generations who go out there. I dont want this place turning into a shooting area with junk & trash laying around.

As for a friendly poker game, Im always down for one of those!

For those that will be meeting us in RENO, the meeting spot will be Cabelas, at Boomtown Exit at approximately 11:30 am

Please also bring as many targets as you can of various types. Im working on trying to get a bunch of target stands built as we get closer to the shoot.

Once again, if you havent pm'd me your name, shirt size, a definite yes or no, or any of the other info I need, please do so. The majority of the slots are filled and I only have openings for about 12 more. SO if you are planning on going, then let me know! If you have already pm'd me ive more than likely got you on the list already.

Semper Fi
Stormfeather

Stormfeather
02-16-2008, 7:52 PM
Im also in for the BBQ let me know how to send payment and ill send it. Also storm im more than likely working friday but would love to meet you guys up there on Sat afternoon can you possibly send directions when the date comes closer. If t shirts do become available let me know about that as well and ill send payment promptly.

I can set something up for you to meet me at the last main spot before we go offroad during a certain time window. That or we can hook up beforehand and I can give you coordinates to where we will be if you have gps. As for t-shirts, I will make sure get one as well.
Pm inbound

cactus
02-16-2008, 10:59 PM
Hey storm I just scored some more bowling pins this week so if your interested in a timed pin competition the pins are on me. Im also shooting you a pm to confirm a spot for me.

Toolbox X
02-17-2008, 12:43 AM
I have 6 target stands I will be bringing.

Stormfeather
02-17-2008, 3:09 AM
Hey storm I just scored some more bowling pins this week so if your interested in a timed pin competition the pins are on me. Im also shooting you a pm to confirm a spot for me.

Excellent! I also sent a pm your way with info in regards to the shoot.

I have 6 target stands I will be bringing.

Great! Im hoping other folks will be bringing some as well. I have some regular stakes as well that I will be bringing to set up cardboard targets on.

draconianruler
02-17-2008, 3:39 PM
i am happy to announce that i have generated some funds and i will be going to the area52 shoot for sure. this no longer hinges on enough people wanting me to cook for them. its not a maybe anymore!!! im going and im bbqing!!!

so, pm me and ill give out my info to mail checks, or paypal or however you want to get bbq money to me.

Count me and my buddy in for some of the BBQ :cool:

M3some
02-17-2008, 4:48 PM
Hey everyone. I was the owner of the GTI that actually went off-roading. I proved that you CAN make it out to the location with a front-wheel drive car, but really, I would not recommend it. The playa is okay, but once we took the trail up to the site, Draconian Ruler was the recipient of quite a bit of cursing and profanity! We made it up and back fine, but it was not an easy trip for a 2 wheel drive car.

That said, the 2007 trip was excellent and was incredibly well organized, thanks to Stormfeather. We had a great time and are looking forward to going back this year (in Draconian Rulers 4X4!)

Cheers!

Stormfeather
02-17-2008, 6:27 PM
Hey everyone. I was the owner of the GTI that actually went off-roading. I proved that you CAN make it out to the location with a front-wheel drive car, but really, I would not recommend it. The playa is okay, but once we took the trail up to the site, Draconian Ruler was the recipient of quite a bit of cursing and profanity! We made it up and back fine, but it was not an easy trip for a 2 wheel drive car.

That said, the 2007 trip was excellent and was incredibly well organized, thanks to Stormfeather. We had a great time and are looking forward to going back this year (in Draconian Rulers 4X4!)

Cheers!

Thanks M3Some! Yea, it was quite a treat to watch you make the run in that car! Glad to hear you will be joining us again this year! Do you need a pm in regards to the info or has Draconian already got you squared away?

M3some
02-17-2008, 7:12 PM
Hey Stormfeather. I have to admit I was a little proud of my driving skills once I made it to the location. I have always taken pride in my skills, but that is on the twisties and the highway, not offroading. Bottoming out and being stranded out there was a real worry for me as we were going out there. As we were going up the trail, I really though we were going to get stuck. If I had known before the conditions of the trail up there, we would not have come, at least in my vehicle. But amazingly we made it out and ended up having a great time! I was scraping the whole way up, but no damage, so its all good. Ill be honest, Im getting tired of my car, just because I really want a cool new sports car to drive. But I was super proud of my GTI to make it out there the way it did. :)

Draconian Ruler is my go to guy, so he has all the info Stormfeather. Thanks for the offer though. We are so looking forward to coming up again. I cannot emphasize what a great job you did last year. We'll come up better prepared this time, and with some new toys of our own to have fun with and to share. We really enjoyed spending time with everybody that was up there and are hoping to see all of you again this year.

Looking forward to seeing you and the whole gang in a couple months!

Stormfeather
02-18-2008, 10:20 PM
Hey guys, ChiefCrash is going to be setting up the group buy in regards to tannerite. We always try to have a bunch out there for the shoot. If you dont know what it is, or how it works, do a search on it here on calguns, or look it up on YouTube for fun videos of practical applications of it. It is totally legal to buy/own, and no licensing or permits are needed to purchase for those of you who are wondering.

For those that have contacted me in regards to the shoot, Ive sent out pm's already, if you have any questions, please feel free to let me know and I will see about getting them answered for you!

Also, I wanted to add, people coming up may want to bring a extra folding type table to set their guns on once we are up there. Ive found a small folding table covered with a blanket is great for setting guns down when you arent using them. Just make sure that muzzles arent glowing hot!

MrNiceGuy
02-18-2008, 11:13 PM
Stormfeather,

May I get an invite to the shoot in May?
Please let me know what is the cost break down and where to send the funds.

Thx!

Oh, and SLO, please put me down for some BBQ please.

Army GI
02-19-2008, 8:48 AM
I think I would be interested in shooting the toys as well. But I will pay for the ammo to feed them.

**** MREs. When you've had to actually live on them, they become less "neat". I'll bring a grill and some charcoal.

I might also bring a metal target for extra long range shooting, unless someone else already mentioned it.

ETA: I just saw sloguy will be doing BBQ. Let me know how to send you the funds.

madhatter
02-19-2008, 4:22 PM
delete

blisster
02-19-2008, 5:50 PM
delete

http://www.freitag.biz/you-suck-internet.jpg

sloguy
02-19-2008, 6:02 PM
http://www.freitag.biz/you-suck-internet.jpg

how supportive:rolleyes:;)

Stormfeather
02-19-2008, 7:18 PM
Army GI & MrNiceGuy, I have sent both of you pms in regards to the shoot, please read thru and get back to me!
Thanks!

Stormfeather
02-19-2008, 7:20 PM
delete

Please feel free to introduce yourself here. . . .

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=63

redisputed
02-19-2008, 10:20 PM
Interested if there is still space... PM sent.

Stormfeather
02-20-2008, 12:03 PM
Interested if there is still space... PM sent.

Pm Sent. . . .

Please feel free to introduce yourself here. . . .

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=63

Stormfeather
02-20-2008, 12:24 PM
Hey Folks, I wanted to drop a quick line to mention a few things. There seems to be a bit of an issue or misunderstanding perhaps going on here.

The Area 52 Shoot is FIRST AND FOREMOST. . . . an OLL shoot. This is a chance for calgunners to get together out of the state of California and legally shoot their guns in the configuration that they was originally designed. This is a space limited event. If you are new to calguns, just registered today, and your first message you send out is "give me directions cause Im coming too", Guess what. . . aint happening. You have neither a established track record, nor any conversations on record telling me who you are or what you are about. By demanding from me to send you directions only tells me to cross your name off of any chance of coming. If you are that interested, please feel free to post for the next full year meaningful input to the forum, and I will make sure to include you next year when I get back from Iraq. If between now and then I have a huge amount of members drop out, and have open slots, I may consider you depending on how much you put into it. Ive also had new members express interest like the guy above, he has a much better chance than you do by not demanding. Please take into consideration that there are established members here who are wanting to go, and as happens in real life, RHIP.

chiefcrash
02-20-2008, 1:05 PM
Also, if anyone can scrounge up a computer projector and/or any mannequins, please let me know. i have some interesting ideas....

sac5.0
02-20-2008, 6:10 PM
stormfeather and sloguy you both have pms.
i cant wait to meet some new people and have a SAFE good time.
joe

Stormfeather
02-21-2008, 12:31 AM
Also, if anyone can scrounge up a computer projector and/or any mannequins, please let me know. i have some interesting ideas....

Any luck yet Chief?

stormfeather and sloguy you both have pms.
i cant wait to meet some new people and have a SAFE good time.
joe

Pm has been answered Sac5.0! Look forward to you two joining us!

TK6790
02-21-2008, 9:01 PM
The Area 52 Shoot is FIRST AND FOREMOST. . . . an OLL shoot. This is a space limited event. If you are new to calguns, just registered today, and your first message you send out is "give me directions cause Im coming too", Guess what. . . aint happening.

Let me just add my 2 cents of Legal thought and advice.... (oh and at my hourly rate, this quick message already cost Bill more than a Venti Starbucks....)

As noted above, this is a private group camping trip. It is a chance for a group of friends, old and new, to gather in a specific spot in the desert and legally shoot our guns. Do not think of this as an "event" in the traditional sense. There are no true organizers or other responsible/liable parties. So, NO, you will not ge simply given directions or a map to come to this private event. The space limitations are legally mandated by US Code and therefore this is why it is limited to known, or otherwise established individuals.

OK, enough legal ranting and raving.......

FOR THOSE THAT WANT TO DRIVE UP TOGETHER FROM SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA, I will be leading a caravan/convoy of vehicles from Orange County up to Reno and our super secret desert location. If you wish to join the caravan, please send me a PM as I am starting to put that together. You should note that at this time the caravan is going to leave OC either late Thursday night or extremely early Friday morning. Like 2am or 3am early..... It is about an 8 hour drive to Reno, and about 2-3 hours beyond to Area 52. All the details are still to be worked out...... but PM me so I can get you on my contact list. :D

TK6790
02-21-2008, 9:11 PM
FYI..... For those that are looking to join the So Cal Convoy... We are either going to take 395 straight up to Reno, or go on the 5 and swing through Sacramento. Not sure yet...

If you are looking for a "can you pick me up" answer...... Well, the answer is yes, but you better be parked on the side of the actual road that we are driving on.... Sorry guys.... The convoy is something I'm putting together for my close friends that are all going. Anyone is free to join in the convoy, either with your own car or to fill an empty seat in one of ours. But you gotta meet us in OC. Or be on the side of the road as we drive by. I promise we'll slow down as we pass so you can jump in..... :)

AJAX22
02-21-2008, 9:11 PM
It looks like I'm going to be able to make it! :D

Put me down if there is still space :)

Stormfeather
02-21-2008, 11:09 PM
It looks like I'm going to be able to make it! :D

Put me down if there is still space :)

You have officially been "PUT"!

sloguy
02-21-2008, 11:16 PM
regarding convoys. id like to travel along side someone during the trip.

Stormfeather
02-21-2008, 11:43 PM
regarding convoys. id like to travel along side someone during the trip.

Heres the basic travel itinerary. . . .

Im going to be starting out in Pleasanton, so all the SF area folks can meet me here, We will be leaving Pleasanton at approximately 7:00 am

We then travel from there to Sacramento/Roseville, where we will meet the next group, We will leave Sacramento/Roseville area at 9:00 am

Then its off to Reno to meet up with the SoCal group, I guesstimate leaving Reno at approximately 11:30-ish to 12:00 noon. (Pending everyone refueling, and purchasing last minute items.)

Then to Area 52 for fun in the sun!

A more detailed travel itinerary will be pm'ed to you as we get closer!

Stormfeather
02-22-2008, 11:42 PM
Ok folks, heres a updated list of "to bring" items. PLease make sure you have these items as a minimal loadout for the Area 52 Shoot.

* hearing protection
* eye protection
* sunglasses
* sunscreen
* hat/head covering of some sort
* warm clothing for evening/ cool clothing for daytime
* Food/water for 3 days. Snacks
* cleaning kits for guns, extra parts for repairs.
* Targets, remember, if you bring it, you must take it with you unless you burn it afterwards.
* small first aid kit
* motorola style radio
* folding chairs
* tent
* sleeping bag/sleeping apparatus
* portable awning if you want shade (reccomended)
* a small amount of firewood
* flashlight w/spare batteries
* chapstick (very important! Chapped lips happen quite often out here!)
* camera/camcorder ( you know you want to have pics!)
* PAB (personal adult beverages) if youre drinking, no shooting!
* Blue tarp for the firing line.
* laser rangefinder, Im hoping at least one person can bring one.
* trash bags for your personal camp spot. carry out/burn what you bring in.
* holster for sidearm. Some folks like the freedom of open carry for the weekend, so bring one and try it out!

*ADDED ITEMS*

* extra mags for your toys
* small folding table (dinner table/firearms rest)
* Blanket for folding table (great for not messing up your toys)
* Tire repair kit (couple of flat tires last time from someone running over a cube of Bud Lite! :) )
* Camp toilets if you have them, please be willing to share.
* Camp Shower/ Those solar hanging ones work great!)
* Eating Utensils.
* Telescope for those interested in astronomy, its perfect out there because of no light pollution.
* knees pads/elbox pads
* shooting mat
* spotting scope (if you want to bring it)
* Small pot to wash your hands/eating utensils.

Im sure I will have more for you when I think of it!

cactus
02-23-2008, 10:13 AM
You know I just had to say I am looking so forward to this!

sloguy
02-23-2008, 1:07 PM
You know I just had to say I am looking so forward to this!

yep. gonna be serious fun.

Stormfeather
02-24-2008, 1:05 PM
should be quite the fun time for all :)

blisster
02-24-2008, 2:13 PM
I'm psyched to meeting a buch of Cagunners and getting some official "guy-time" out in the desert!

Stormfeather
02-25-2008, 7:15 PM
I'm psyched to meeting a buch of Cagunners and getting some official "guy-time" out in the desert!

Blisster, you do realize there will be women out there right? Im not saying you wont be getting "guy-time", but you will be meeting a bunch of calgun'ers!

blisster
02-25-2008, 7:51 PM
Blisster, you do realize there will be women out there right? Im not saying you wont be getting "guy-time", but you will be meeting a bunch of calgun'ers!

hehe, yeah I know, but *my* woman won't be out there! :D

sac5.0
02-25-2008, 8:18 PM
[QUOTE=Stormfeather;1025091]Blisster, you do realize there will be women out there right? Im not saying you wont be getting "guy-time", but you will be meeting a bunch of calgun'ers![/QUOTE
]

i think, i mean i know my wife enjoys guns, and the matter of fact i know she likes my guns but i think she love hers:eek::D

Stormfeather
02-25-2008, 9:50 PM
hehe, yeah I know, but *my* woman won't be out there! :D

AHHHHH! I see now!

Stormfeather
02-26-2008, 11:20 AM
Hey Folks, if you've sent me a pm somewhere along the way saying you are coming, and have changed your mind, please drop me a quick pm and let me know. I have folks on the waiting list hoping to make it out to the shoot, and by not letting me know, you are holding a spot that may otherwise be filled by someone who can come. Thanks!

sned45
02-26-2008, 8:37 PM
Wonder if someone coming from socal would have room for 40 bowling pins?

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=88230

If someone in socal can bring them I'll send them the 75 dollars.

Never mind see below.

cactus
02-27-2008, 12:24 AM
Dont do that I have 20 set aside for the shoot and our local alley said they have 120 more boxes if I need them for free. You would be suprised with the amount of abuse bowling pins take.

Stormfeather
02-27-2008, 4:38 PM
Dont do that I have 20 set aside for the shoot and our local alley said they have 120 more boxes if I need them for free. You would be suprised with the amount of abuse bowling pins take.

DO we have something to set them on? Maybe a 2x6 frame? Or you can put small wood screw eyelets in top and hang them from something? Just wondering!

cactus
02-28-2008, 12:20 AM
My ideal was I have 2 folding saw horses and a 2x6 to set them up on. I have another idea ill pm you about. Also would you be interested in rail road tie plates? 3/8 inch steel and all over the right away I guess its a perk for working on the rail road.

Stormfeather
02-28-2008, 1:51 PM
My ideal was I have 2 folding saw horses and a 2x6 to set them up on. I have another idea ill pm you about. Also would you be interested in rail road tie plates? 3/8 inch steel and all over the right away I guess its a perk for working on the rail road.

Pm answered!

brokestudent12
02-28-2008, 2:10 PM
Not sure if it were suggested yet, but for SoCal guys how about chipping in on an RV and roadtripping it up there?

sloguy
02-28-2008, 2:17 PM
Not sure if it were suggested yet, but for SoCal guys how about chipping in on an RV and roadtripping it up there?

i have had a few members talk about riding with me but no one has confirmed yet. i have at least one seat available. more if i put the rear seat back into the minivan. i am in slo county.

brokestudent12
02-28-2008, 2:22 PM
i have had a few members talk about riding with me but no one has confirmed yet. i have at least one seat available. more if i put the rear seat back into the minivan. i am in slo county.

As soon as I can confirm transportation i'm in for the bbq w/you too sloguy.

I've got a Civic Hybrid and that thing has no trunk space or cargo room to transport supplies so wouldn't even be able to make it up ta ya. If I can remember, SLO's what, about an hour past Vandenberg?

I've also got about 10 + CASES of tanerite just sitting in my garage ... let me know if anyone is interested in me bringing it out! :D

Stormfeather
02-28-2008, 8:50 PM
As soon as I can confirm transportation i'm in for the bbq w/you too sloguy.

I've got a Civic Hybrid and that thing has no trunk space or cargo room to transport supplies so wouldn't even be able to make it up ta ya. If I can remember, SLO's what, about an hour past Vandenberg?

I've also got about 10 + CASES of tanerite just sitting in my garage ... let me know if anyone is interested in me bringing it out! :D

+1000 on the Tannerite. Give ChiefCrash a pm and let him know. Also, did you get the chance to look over the pm I sent you?

sloguy
02-29-2008, 8:33 PM
quick question, is there any objection to me posting the list of members who ive recieved bbq money from? that would be the quickest easiest way for me, instead of sending out individual pms to let people know their money arrived.

Stormfeather
02-29-2008, 11:23 PM
quick question, is there any objection to me posting the list of members who ive recieved bbq money from? that would be the quickest easiest way for me, instead of sending out individual pms to let people know their money arrived.

Honestly, I would send out a mass pm, you can send it out to 15 people at a time. I try to keep all names off of the radar here. Just because you never know, they may be going and not want other people to know! :)
Just type the persons name into the address field, then hit " ; " between them, and it will go out to whoever you address it to.

Stormfeather
03-01-2008, 5:53 PM
Donations Deadline. . . 30 days and counting down. I also need confirmations from quite a few of you. Alot of you have just sent a single PM saying you are interested and I have heard nothing from you since then. All requests for additional information have not been answered. I have quite a few people waiting to be put on the list. If you arent going, please inform me to let me know. I need the following info, shirt size, phone number, your basic location, if you are donating or not. This also included if you are bringing someone else.

Stormfeather
03-01-2008, 8:51 PM
Info Updated
See above post

draconianruler
03-01-2008, 9:46 PM
When was the donation deadline again? I gotta start hiding the pennies from the wife to save up :D

Stormfeather
03-01-2008, 10:12 PM
When was the donation deadline again? I gotta start hiding the pennies from the wife to save up :D

No later than april 1st. , also I need your location, basic area only, Sac/SF/LA/SD etc .

dreyna14
03-02-2008, 10:51 PM
Reply PM sent. This is gonna be fun. I'll be a little disappointed if I can't bring my Subaru.

Stormfeather
03-02-2008, 11:02 PM
Reply PM sent. This is gonna be fun. I'll be a little disappointed if I can't bring my Subaru.

pm replied to, please read thru fully, and reply asap.

Stormfeather
03-04-2008, 12:21 PM
Sent out pms for the area 52 shoot last night and today! If I missed you, and you wanted to go, and I DO NOT have all of your info already, please pm me! If you havent heard back from me, then pm me as well. If you think I may not have your info, then PM me. I will be sending out a mass info pm later on this week with any updates I have.

Stormfeather
03-05-2008, 9:47 PM
Pm has been sent out to almost all who are coming re: the donation snail mail address/paypal address, if your donation is already in, I didnt send you one.

Does anyone have ANY questions in regards to the shoot? Im kind of surprised I havent had that many questions yet. Usually, ive got tons of questions by now. :(

sloguy
03-05-2008, 10:32 PM
bbq update.

i sent out a pm to all who i have revieved bbq money from.

if you havent sent bbq money in but want to, please pm me.

AaronHorrocks
03-07-2008, 12:08 PM
One of my friends pointed me to this thread...

After reading up, I'm a bit lost on what the concept/deal is with registration, donations, and so on...

Couldn't I just be self equipped, show up, and shoot my own ammo in my own firearms?

sloguy
03-07-2008, 4:35 PM

After reading up, I'm a bit lost on what the concept/deal is with registration, donations, and so on...

Couldn't I just be self equipped, show up, and shoot my own ammo in my own firearms?

unless i am mistaken....

there cant be more than a set number of people. thats why you must get onto the list and why its important to get things straight early as possible.

if you are going then you "must" be self equipped( water, shelter, food , EVERYTHING). you would be encouraged to shoot your own ammo in your own firearms. donation is only if you wish to fire the approved ammo thru someone else's guns.

the bbq is only sat night. you would need to be able to feed yourself for all other meals.

chiefcrash
03-10-2008, 10:54 PM
here's the deal, if there is a group of more than 52 people, it becomes an "event" and requires permits and paperwork...

52 or less, it's just a bunch of buddies camping...

You are more than welcome to just come up with us and bring your own stuff. But if you'd like to donate a reasonable amount, you get to play with machine guns....

SchooBaka
03-10-2008, 11:04 PM
Look's like I'm roll'n out there with you all. :D
Can't wait to meet everyone and send some lead down range.
Sloguy, I'm pm'ing you regarding the bbq.

Stormfeather
03-10-2008, 11:22 PM

Pm me if interested, I will get you the details.

sloguy
03-11-2008, 12:13 PM
well, theres been a recent surge of people asking about the bbq details, so ill make a refresher post.

the bbq is 15 bucks per portion. a portion is 2 lbs( weight before cooking) tritip. unlimited portions available, if you want to quadruple up on portions then im cool with that.

i need funds to be prepaid at least a week in advance. so you have a little bit into may to get funds to me. but earlier the better so i can plan things. check, money order or paypal, please. (add 76 cents per portion if you pay via paypal) paypal to rustymaggot at yahoo dot com. please include calguns screen name when sending funds.

pm me with any questions, or to get my mailing address.

thanks.

sac5.0
03-11-2008, 12:26 PM
the bbq is 15 bucks per portion. a portion is 2 lbs( weight before cooking) tritip. unlimited portions available, if you want to quadruple up on portions then im cool with that.

since i paid 20 can i give you another 10 for a another portion.or do i just get a extra large 2 pounder.:D

sloguy
03-11-2008, 1:19 PM

since i paid 20 can i give you another 10 for a another portion.or do i just get a extra large 2 pounder.:D

you gave 20+a tip. i was figuring give back a bit of the tip to make yours 1-1/2 portions, but id rather not do split portions if i dont have to. so, if your like to send more to bump up to an even 2 portions thats fine. would help me keep the math simple. hehe

Stormfeather
03-11-2008, 1:53 PM
here's the deal, if there is a group of more than 52 people, it becomes an "event" and requires permits and paperwork...
52 or less, it's just a bunch of buddies camping...
You are more than welcome to just come up with us and bring your own stuff. But if you'd like to donate a reasonable amount, you get to play with machine guns....

Anyone been getting together with you in regards to a Tanner-buy?

sac5.0
03-12-2008, 6:32 AM
you gave 20+a tip. i was figuring give back a bit of the tip to make yours 1-1/2 portions, but id rather not do split portions if i dont have to. so, if your like to send more to bump up to an even 2 portions thats fine. would help me keep the math simple. hehe
the tip was all for you and your work,for making the bbq happen. i will send off another check for 10 bucks this week.joe

Stormfeather
03-12-2008, 3:26 PM
Hi-Priority Pm just sent to all members coming to the shoot, please read and return/acknowledge asap.
Thanks

dreyna14
03-12-2008, 4:33 PM
My donation was sent and received already. Looking at the message, I'm glad I didn't procrastinate. If ammo is going to be short on what you can get (lead time), would it be possible to coordinate other buys then just throw it in the pile and get a reimbursment? I'm saying this since I'll probably be heading to the Vegas show this weekend. If necessary, I can pick up some ammo for the shoot this weekend.

Stormfeather
03-12-2008, 4:57 PM
My donation was sent and received already. Looking at the message, I'm glad I didn't procrastinate. If ammo is going to be short on what you can get (lead time), would it be possible to coordinate other buys then just throw it in the pile and get a reimbursment? I'm saying this since I'll probably be heading to the Vegas show this weekend. If necessary, I can pick up some ammo for the shoot this weekend.

The problem isnt availability of ammo, I could just go to Miwall and buy up all their .223 and call it a day. Its the quality of ammo thats the issue. While miwall is great for semi-autos, full auto is a whole different story. It has to be no more than once fired brass or brand new brass. Miwall doesnt do that, they recycle their brass muliple times. We learned this last year during the shoot. Thats the main issue when it comes to f/a toys for the shoot. Its a similar to using old Wolf ammo for a Camp Perry match, it just doesnt work and I dont want to risk breaking a $15000 gun. Im sure nobody else here wants to be the guy/gal behind the trigger if it breaks due to cheap ammo either. I would suggest contacting everyone here whos going, maybe posting it here and doing a bulk buy of regular ammo for the OLL's. Ive gotten quite a few personal requests to be included in on the bulk ammo buy seperately. Possibly let the folks here know that you are buing ammo and see if any of them want to have you pick some up for them. If need be, let me know and I can get you a list of names for this year and you can contact them. Granted, thats as long as the folks dont mind.

sloguy
03-14-2008, 8:16 PM
bbq funds have been recieved from 8 members. i just sent out a quick pm to those who are squared away. if you didnt get a pm but have already sent funds then they are still in the mail. if you havent sent funds but want in on the bbq please contact me.

sooner is better than later as i need to plan things.

pm me with any questions.

Stormfeather
03-14-2008, 8:32 PM
Ive got emails and pms from some of you who have donations enroute, for those that havent answered, please hit me up sometime this weekend please.

draconianruler
03-15-2008, 2:38 AM
Since I left early last year, what happened with all the brass? I would like to take some for my reloads this year if possible ;)

TK6790
03-15-2008, 12:03 PM
Hey..... If you are thinking of joining in the Convoy from Southern California, please post a message at the following thread.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=91554

This is where ALL the discussion and information will be posted.

~Andrew

Stormfeather
03-15-2008, 6:20 PM
Since I left early last year, what happened with all the brass? I would like to take some for my reloads this year if possible ;)

Bring some 5 gallon buckets and you can have all you want! A bunch of guys did that and took brass for themselves. I actually didnt have to clean up a single piece of brass!

eta: I now have three (3) open slots from folks who have backed out earlier if anyone still wants in! As with for sale forum, the first "count me in" pm gets the slot!

Stormfeather
03-19-2008, 2:19 PM
In a couple of weeks, Im going to be setting up a cleaning/test-firing day of the toys for the Area 52 shoot. Its mainly a day of cleaning guns, then going out and test firing them, then cleaning them again in prep for the area 52 shoot. Im just curious if anyone wants to come help? I need 3-4 people. The upside is you get to shoot the f/a guns for free for part of a day, the downside, you got to help clean them! Who wants to help? :) Cmon, I know ya want first shot at a belt fed hk-21! Probally going to happen in about 2-3 weeks. Its an overnight deal, and lodging will be FREE at a luxury cabin in Nevada on Lake Tahoe. Hit me up on this thread and let me know!

Toolbox X
03-19-2008, 2:43 PM
I would love to help. What dates are you thinking?

-Grant

ohsmily
03-19-2008, 2:51 PM
I am interested as well. It depends on the date. I could carpool up with you folks to the test-shoot depending on space in your vehicles. -Adam

Stormfeather
03-19-2008, 3:21 PM
I have to call & confirm with my guy who owns them, but I will put you two guys at the top of the list. I will contact you guy later today probally after I talk to him.
Anyone else interested?

MrNiceGuy
03-19-2008, 3:54 PM
I'm down pending the day(s).
I'd like to carpool, split gas, etc if possible.

blisster
03-19-2008, 4:03 PM
of course I'd need to know when this will go down, but I'd definitely be down to come help out schedule permitting.

-J

DedEye
03-19-2008, 4:11 PM
In a couple of weeks, Im going to be setting up a cleaning/test-firing day of the toys for the Area 52 shoot. Its mainly a day of cleaning guns, then going out and test firing them, then cleaning them again in prep for the area 52 shoot. Im just curious if anyone wants to come help? I need 3-4 people. The upside is you get to shoot the f/a guns for free for part of a day, the downside, you got to help clean them! Who wants to help? :) Cmon, I know ya want first shot at a belt fed hk-21! Probally going to happen in about 2-3 weeks. Its an overnight deal, and lodging will be FREE at a luxury cabin in Nevada on Lake Tahoe. Hit me up on this thread and let me know!

Date permitting I'd love to help.

Stormfeather
03-19-2008, 4:21 PM
I thought it was going to happen in a couple of weeks, but looks like the schedule is accellerated. Due to military and wedding obligations, its going to happen next weekend.
ok, heres the game plan, we will leave bay area thursday evening the 27th, drive up to tahoe, spend the night at the cabin, go to the gunshow friday for a few hours, and then afterwards go pick up the guns and clean guns friday night. Saturday morning, go do some free shooting/test firing, then come back and clean guns again Saturday night/Sunday morning, then head back down the hill that afternoon. If you are still interested, then let me know!

MrNiceGuy
03-19-2008, 5:16 PM
Wow, Gun show is a definet bonus!
I'm definetly down!
Can I hitch a ride with someone?
I'll be happy to split gas.
My damn beast drink gas like water...:(

aplinker
03-19-2008, 6:49 PM
COUNT ME IN (if space)

Well... I've been avoiding reading this thread because I thought I wouldn't be able to make it that month...

I haven't read through but I noticed $, early set-up and other stuff.

I'll see what I can do and will do that.

Stormfeather
03-19-2008, 7:10 PM
Wow, Gun show is a definet bonus!
I'm definetly down!
Can I hitch a ride with someone?
I'll be happy to split gas.
My damn beast drink gas like water...:(

Just meet me in pleasanton and you can go with me!

MrNiceGuy
03-20-2008, 1:16 AM
Just meet me in pleasanton and you can go with me!

Sweet! Thx!
PM Inbound.

cactus
03-20-2008, 1:46 AM
Ill be at the show friday as well maybe we can all meet up? A prequel to the shoot if you will.

Stormfeather
03-20-2008, 2:01 AM
Ill be at the show friday as well maybe we can all meet up? A prequel to the shoot if you will.

Can Do! I will give you a call when we hit the show that morning! Im assuming the number I have is your cell phone? It ends with 5625?

PLINK
03-20-2008, 2:12 AM
I would like to take some for my reloads this year if possible ;)

+1

I will be happy to pick up anyone's brass if they don't want it. Especially commercial 9mm, .40 and .45 ACP.

sloguy
03-20-2008, 2:41 AM
could those who are "not" going in on the bbq pm me so i can make a list. itll help me plan things if i can narrow down the "unknown" aspect. letting me know yay or ney early helps me immensely, so i can plan and budget for important things. i may be needing to buy a new(and bigger) bbq for the trip, and other details.

so, if your npt on my "PAID" list already, please pm me and say "yay", "ney", or "i donno yet" so i can tally stuff and get things organized.

thanks.

TK6790
03-20-2008, 10:10 AM
Well, I don't know who was looking for a projector.... But I might as well spill the beans on a plan that the OC group has. We are planning to bring a generator, good projectors, a router, and a couple of Xbox's. Still just a plan, but we are planning...

Once we get it all worked out on our end, I will post here. So if other people want to bring an xbox and projector, we can host some big @$$ games at night. ;-)

! That's how the O.C. rolls... !!! :cool:

I can get my hands on a projector with 1 caveat. Its the old one from my buisness and we're getting rid of it cause it usualy takes a bunch of fiddling with to get it started. It runs well enough but getting it going is tough, I'm not planning on brining anything much that could hook up to it as a video source though, well my PSP but that would mean I would have an exuse to buy an adapter...

someone was looking for an lcd projector right.

MotoGuy
03-20-2008, 10:14 AM
So if other people want to bring an xbox

Just to be clear xbox or xbox360?

SchooBaka
03-20-2008, 1:39 PM
+1

I will be happy to pick up anyone's brass if they don't want it. Especially commercial 9mm, .40 and .45 ACP.

I'll be hording my own brass at the very least.
I also volunteer for the brass cleanup crew at the end of the weekend.
Hmm, this could get ugly.:chris:
If it comes down to roshambo, I go first. :p

Roshambo (http://www.erikandanna.com/Humor/FlashStuff/SouthPark/roshamboN.htm)

blisster
03-20-2008, 2:39 PM
Well, I don't know who was looking for a projector.... But I might as well spill the beans on a plan that the OC group has. We are planning to bring a generator, good projectors, a router, and a couple of Xbox's. Still just a plan, but we are planning...

Once we get it all worked out on our end, I will post here. So if other people want to bring an xbox and projector, we can host some big @$$ games at night. ;-)

! That's how the O.C. rolls... !!! :cool:

I'll bring some controllers and any games on the book, but I don't wanna bring my 360 out to the desert, I jsut got it back fro a RRoD servicing!

Stormfeather
03-20-2008, 5:23 PM

We all will be doing a brass cleanup at the end. Its basically like doing a FOD walk(navy term) or a Police Call (army/usmc terms) we all get on line and walk thru and pick everything up that wasnt there when we got there. Im sure everyone remembers where I said that the place has to be left spotless when we leave. That means everything. The only proof we will have been there will be the same every year, and thats the black spot where the firepit is and the tire tracks leading out. Thats the way this has always been run, and I see no reason to change it! :) Plus, its great because then everyone has extra brass they can use/reload/hoard/sell/recycle.

AaronHorrocks
03-20-2008, 5:57 PM
March 27th?

I'll be in SoCal. I can't make it.

Stormfeather
03-20-2008, 7:21 PM
March 27th?

I'll be in SoCal. I can't make it.

Thats the cleaning/test-firing party, not the actual shoot.

TK6790
03-20-2008, 9:00 PM
Just to be clear xbox or xbox360?

Good point.... Good point.... Yes, I obviously meant a 360. :-)

sloguy
03-21-2008, 2:52 PM
i got a letter with bbq funds in it. initials L.G. but didnt say what the user name was. if this is you, please pm me with your user name.

thanks.

as it stands 11 members are paid, and 1 no bbq.
everyone else is either unpaid, or un-heard from.

so, if you havent talked to me, pm me and let me know what you plan to do.

thanks

dreyna14
03-21-2008, 10:23 PM
I'd also love to bring my 360, but not with all the dust and crap out there. If there's any way to keep it clean, I'll gladly bring it.

sloguy
03-21-2008, 10:44 PM
I'd also love to bring my 360, but not with all the dust and crap out there. If there's any way to keep it clean, I'll gladly bring it.

could you create a airfilter box for it? plywood box with 2 sides being flat airfilters so air can flow thru, and maybe a fan inside. also, a plastic tote with a layer of breathable cloth over it and taped down to seal it could work. cords can go under the cloth seal and take up the gap.

i am actually opposed to the whole idea of videogames while camping. whats the point of camping? to get away from noise polution, tvs, and crap we dont need. i sincerly hope no one brings such things. there will be plenty of better things to do while we are out there. offroading, shooting, and other things we dont get to do otherwise.

Stormfeather
03-21-2008, 11:54 PM
could you create a airfilter box for it? plywood box with 2 sides being flat airfilters so air can flow thru, and maybe a fan inside. also, a plastic tote with a layer of breathable cloth over it and taped down to seal it could work. cords can go under the cloth seal and take up the gap.

i am actually opposed to the whole idea of videogames while camping. whats the point of camping? to get away from noise polution, tvs, and crap we dont need. i sincerly hope no one brings such things. there will be plenty of better things to do while we are out there. offroading, shooting, and other things we dont get to do otherwise.

uh, heheh, we're um. . .going to be shooting . . . ya sure about getting away from noise pollution? :D

Its not a big deal as I see it. Everyone has their own way of relaxing, and theres plenty of room out there, so it shouldnt be too disturbing. Im sure the fireside camraderie is going to be plenty loud! Im thinking that the guys are talking about doing the video games at night, thats why they need projectors. It will be so bright during the day, projectors will be pretty much useless. Im sure Andrew will confirm this. Anyways, I hope everyone has gotten my pm's Ive sent out. If you havent gotten your donations inbound, please make sure you take care of that this coming week. Time is cutting short on this. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to contact me and let me know, and I will get them answered most ricci-tik!

sloguy
03-22-2008, 12:49 AM
uh, heheh, we're um. . .going to be shooting . . . ya sure about getting away from noise pollution? :D

i dont consider gun fire noise pollution. radios, tvs and things like that , specially after dark, at a camping trip, i dislike.

TK6790
03-22-2008, 1:43 AM
Yep. Projectors at night.... Plus it's a weekend to have a crap load of fun. :-)

and yeah, if its anything like last year, we'll be pretty noisy all night long... Especially during the .50 Cal wake-up!!!! Right Bill... ;-)

Stormfeather
03-22-2008, 2:01 AM
Yep. Projectors at night.... Plus it's a weekend to have a crap load of fun. :-)

and yeah, if its anything like last year, we'll be pretty noisy all night long... Especially during the .50 Cal wake-up!!!! Right Bill... ;-)

"I have no knowledge of that event. . . ." :rolleyes:

brokestudent12
03-22-2008, 2:08 AM
i dont consider gun fire noise pollution. radios, tvs and things like that , specially after dark, at a camping trip, i dislike.

ahah - don't have a tv but one of my laptops has a 21" screen so i'll be bringing tthat along to watch midget wrestling in the downtime :43:

NoGunMojo
03-22-2008, 1:53 PM
ahah - don't have a tv but one of my laptops has a 21" screen so i'll be bringing tthat along to watch midget wrestling in the downtime :43:

What you mean were not going to have the real thing? Awe man major disappoint.

sloguy
03-22-2008, 4:51 PM
What you mean were not going to have the real thing? Awe man major disappoint.

if we are having midget wrestling we should go a step farther and watch midget porn. its kinda like wrestling.

NoGunMojo
03-22-2008, 5:45 PM
if we are having midget wrestling we should go a step farther and watch midget porn. its kinda like wrestling.

Or you know when they put like a dozen midgets up against one big dude... in wrestling or things kinda like it...

sloguy
03-22-2008, 5:56 PM
Or you know when they put like a dozen midgets up against one big dude... in wrestling or things kinda like it...

hmmm.......

12 on 1 midget porn...... would be like a bunch of hyenas taking down a giraffe. or....... like a bunch of bears mauling a kitten. all depends on which side has 12 and which has 1.

NoGunMojo
03-22-2008, 8:27 PM
wait bears taking on hyenas? What were we talking about? Life doesn't make sense any more.

packnrat
03-22-2008, 9:25 PM

i can haul away all of the used brass no problem, :chris:
i can even take all the unused stuff also. :eek:

not gready.....just broke.:D

:TFH:

doughboy334
03-23-2008, 2:14 AM
Wow too bad I just joined up (and too much of a newcomer), I'd be interested in participating in something like this. Hopefully I can make it next year! Keep it up Stormfeather and company

Stormfeather
03-23-2008, 5:42 PM
I also want to take this time to remind folks, that this is FIRST and FOREMOST a OLL style shoot. If you are wanting to come up and shoot F/A toys the entire time, that probally wont happen. Theres multiple people, only a small selection of f/a toys, so everyone has to share. Im seeming to get more and more pm's wanting to know if its ok to just shoot the f/a toys all weekend. Thats not what this is about. If you want to do that, go to the Mustang Range and pay $1.00 per round and shoot there all day. Think about it people, use common sense. If you paid $175.00 for the bulk ammo buy, do you seriously think that entitles you to 6k-8k rounds of ammo? If that was the case, I would just buy the ammo and stockpile it. Be realistic folks. You will get to shoot the toys, and have fun with them, but please be realistic.
Once again, if you have any questions, concerns or complaints, please pm me and I will address them asap.
Thanks!
Bill

Stormfeather
03-23-2008, 5:43 PM
Wow too bad I just joined up (and too much of a newcomer), I'd be interested in participating in something like this. Hopefully I can make it next year! Keep it up Stormfeather and company

Contact me, I do have 2 slots left open.

TK6790
03-24-2008, 10:45 AM
I also want to take this time to remind folks, that this is FIRST and FOREMOST a OLL style shoot. If you are wanting to come up and shoot F/A toys the entire time, that probally wont happen. Theres multiple people, only a small selection of f/a toys, so everyone has to share. Im seeming to get more and more pm's wanting to know if its ok to just shoot the f/a toys all weekend. Thats not what this is about. If you want to do that, go to the Mustang Range and pay $1.00 per round and shoot there all day. Think about it people, use common sense. If you paid $175.00 for the bulk ammo buy, do you seriously think that entitles you to 6k-8k rounds of ammo? If that was the case, I would just buy the ammo and stockpile it. Be realistic folks. You will get to shoot the toys, and have fun with them, but please be realistic.
Once again, if you have any questions, concerns or complaints, please pm me and I will address them asap.
Thanks!
Bill

I must also reinforce Bill's coments here with my own. Remember, these FA toys are personally owned by one man and he has been incredibly generous in allowing us to use them for the weekend. But like all things mechanical, use leads to wear which leads to things breaking. Last year, we broke his MP5, through no fault of our own, but broke is broke.

For those of you that have not fired FA before, think about the heat generated by a 25-30 round mag and how that affects the barrel of the gun. Too much heat can cause those barrels to warp or bend. Not only is that bad because it ruins the toy, but it is bad because bullets don't tend to travel down warped barrels too easily. Exploding barrels and blowback are not too much fun. And you are at least a good 1-2 hours from the nearest hospital.

Everyone is expected to treat the toys with the utmost respect and I do not just mean respect in the terms of safety. Here i mean respect as in being respectful of the owner and willingnes to let us play with his property. Oh and by the way, I mean respect in the terms of safety too...

Sorry to be a pain in the @$$ everyone... Everyone will have a great time, but it is important everyone have realistic expectations for the weekend.

Just my $0.02 worth...

If you want to do that, go to the Mustang Range and pay $1.00 per round and shoot there all day.

Bill, just cause it's you I have to ask.... Did you mean Mustang range or Mustang RANCH...??? Cause with your frequent customer card, and coupons, isnt $1.00 per round the rate you get at the RANCH???? :eek:

Just kidding bud..... ;-p

Stormfeather
03-24-2008, 12:41 PM
Bill, just cause it's you I have to ask.... Did you mean Mustang range or Mustang RANCH...??? Cause with your frequent customer card, and coupons, isnt $1.00 per round the rate you get at the RANCH???? :eek:

Just kidding bud..... ;-p

I know you are in SoCal, so you probally dont realize this, but there is actually a place called The Mustang Range, it is set up not far from The Mustang Ranch!

I have been to both, (yes I will admit it!) and only one of them is worth the money you spend, and no, im not going to say which one! Both places offer the excitement and allure of fun exotic toys, you get to handle, fondle, and basically drool over, such fine pieces of work that any man would be jealous to have, to which they can be fun to play with, but VERY VERY expensive if you stay too long! :rolleyes:

aplinker
03-24-2008, 9:17 PM
Is anyone bringing a 1919?

I don't want one for my arsenal, but I'd be happy to come up with a "group rental" - i.e., a group of us go in on buying one on the group buy, then sell it when we get back, the loss being split by the users. We could also charge a nominal fee for people who want to try it out to cover the difference...

If someone has one I'd be happy to pay some to shoot it and bring my ammo.

sloguy
03-24-2008, 9:30 PM
Is anyone bringing a 1919?

I don't want one for my arsenal, but I'd be happy to come up with a "group rental" - i.e., a group of us go in on buying one on the group buy, then sell it when we get back, the loss being split by the users. We could also charge a nominal fee for people who want to try it out to cover the difference...

If someone has one I'd be happy to pay some to shoot it and bring my ammo.

has our friend finished his yet?

aplinker
03-24-2008, 9:52 PM
has our friend finished his yet?

Does he ever finish anything? :D

I haven't asked him @ it, we've been talking smaller stuff lately.

AJAX22
03-24-2008, 11:20 PM
Does he ever finish anything? :D

I haven't asked him @ it, we've been talking smaller stuff lately.

He's still waiting for the parts to show up....

Which reminds me... I need to PM a guy about that.

And yes he does finish things.... he is just cheap and likes quality... so things take longer.

Aditionally.... he can't afford to feed a semi auto .308 right now (at least not if he wants to finish up his other projects) so he's focused on getting his American 180 all set up for the trip to the desert.

He's also going to be bringing a Grendel P30, a unique 1991A1, an extra short mosin nagant, and a semi auto AR15 pistol which can use his beta mags once in a free state..

He also might drag along an AK pistol with drum mags if y'all are nice, and there is a real possibility that he'll get his Saiga 12 Tromix converted in time for the party.... and he MIGHT have a dissasembled wraithmaker by that point for it.

And since each toy that he brings requires a case, holster, sling, ammo, cleaning kit etc.... there's alot of stuff that needs to get done and a ton of ways to spend every paycheck.

He's giong to go send that P.M. now......

cactus
03-25-2008, 12:44 AM
Well I ordered one today if its done in time it will be there. The time frame is close so im keeping my finger crossed. Im thinking my bowling pins just got a new use.

Stormfeather
03-25-2008, 1:03 AM
This is great news guys! I was hoping somebody would bring a 1919 out to play. I know theres a group buy in process right now that ends tomorrow. Hopefully there will be one out there! Also, Ajax22, I would love to try out one of those famous Ak pistolas of yours! Im hoping you are bringing one with you!

DedEye
03-25-2008, 1:24 AM
This is great news guys! I was hoping somebody would bring a 1919 out to play. I know theres a group buy in process right now that ends tomorrow. Hopefully there will be one out there! Also, Jumbopanda, I would love to try out one of those famous Ak pistolas of yours! Im hoping you are bringing one with you!

Fixed it for you :p ;).

sloguy
03-25-2008, 1:38 AM
This is great news guys! I was hoping somebody would bring a 1919 out to play. I know theres a group buy in process right now that ends tomorrow. Hopefully there will be one out there! Also, Ajax22, I would love to try out one of those famous Ak pistolas of yours! Im hoping you are bringing one with you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5u0lCT0K8i0

maybe i should get a mag lock and make my pistol semi. right now its bolt action. i need a few parts to make mine semi. anyone have trigger parts for sale? or know where to buy em cheap?

PLINK
03-25-2008, 1:45 AM
For the guys and gals that are going.

Bring a pistol, holster, dual mag pouch and a few extra mags. Toolbox X and I are going to (if it is not a problem with anyone) set up some ISPC targets and do some basic drills. This would be just for fun.

Stormfeather
03-25-2008, 1:45 AM

Roger that Ghostrider, thank you for the correction! You flyby has been denied!:p

TK6790
03-25-2008, 6:53 AM
Both places offer the excitement and allure of fun exotic toys, you get to handle, fondle, and basically drool over, such fine pieces of work that any man would be jealous to have, to which they can be fun to play with, but VERY VERY expensive if you stay too long! :rolleyes:

Hmmmmmm..... That sounds like every one of us, once the "table o' guns" showed up last year....
:eek:

http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/9536/img4167amx9.jpg

AJAX22
03-25-2008, 7:48 AM

I did an ak pistol or two myself you know.... :p

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u115/Ratduster77/DCP_0396.jpg

aplinker
03-25-2008, 9:01 AM
I was just messing with you :p

And, on the point of AK pistols, DedEye, AJAX was building his several years ago. He's just slow on finishing. :D

I bowed to (my own) pressure and I'm picking up a 1919, too. Hopefully it will be here by the shoot.

Cactus, maybe we can ask (nicely, forcefully) that ONE of ours be finished by then? I don't care which in the least, just would be nice to have one out at the shoot!

blah blah blah blah blah