PDA

View Full Version : Interesting...

acolytes
01-09-2008, 3:16 PM
I came across this on another site. I think it was Caccw.org. Forgive me if its been posted before but this post caught my eye. It was posted by someone on that forum. They were discussing CA legal guns, and this person said go to calguns and not discuss it on this particualr forum.

"CalGuns.net doesn't talk about anything illegal either but they certainly did draw a lot of ire from the Cal DoJ. What they did was they figured out mistakes in the way the laws were written and in some of the DoJ's written statements and resulted in a whole lot of people in California owning legal AR-15 type rifles. It became a personal grudge match between the DoJ and CalGuns.net. Someone did a public records act request and found out that the DoJ was very actively monitoring the CalGuns.net legal and political forum. Ok, everything they were doing was legal, great, but I don't want to have this type of attention on this forum. I can't explain it any better than that but I don't want to have this type of discussion here. It makes no sense to be yet another forum that the DoJ is having a pissing match with. If you want to talk about AR-15s in California, the most helpful and knowledgeable experts in the world hang out on CalGuns.net. What else is there to add to this? "

Prc329
01-09-2008, 3:23 PM
Do you still have the link?

Soldier415
01-09-2008, 3:33 PM
Do you still have the link?

I'll second that motion

acolytes
01-09-2008, 3:43 PM
No sorry. I think it was californiaccw.org It was a guy asking if he had to take his pistol grip off his ak and get a 10 round mag since he was moving to CA. And the guy said to go to calguns.net and that we dont discuss that in this forum because we dont want draw the ire of the doj. Some other person said, why would we draw the ire of the doj? this guy just asked a simple question and we're not telling him to do anything illegal, and that was his response.

What Just Happened?
01-09-2008, 3:52 PM
But wow, props to you guys.

JagerTroop
01-09-2008, 3:56 PM
this is not the one you refered to, but here you go...
Calccw referal to Calguns (http://www.calccw.com/Forums/legal/1406-ar-ban.html)

bwiese
01-09-2008, 4:06 PM
Well it sounds like we did get some kind words ;)

And yes, Calif CCW websites are monofocused on one aspect of gun rights in CA. That's cool.

I'm not sure they're immune from DOJ BoF given that it's run by documented antigunners, but perhaps being a bit drama-free may help them in some sheriff's dept. relations.

4 Brigada
01-09-2008, 4:12 PM
That last response in the CCW post from the mod, doesnt seem that they play well with others. Its their site, I dont believe in CCW so wont see me signing up anytime soon.

Mac
01-09-2008, 6:25 PM

retired
01-09-2008, 11:21 PM
Its their site, I dont believe in CCW so wont see me signing up anytime soon.

4 Brigada, not a flame, merely curiosity. May I ask why you don't "believe" in ccw. I have read posts from some in other forums that they do not want a ccw or they are not sure or they are not ready for one; but I have never read someone say they do not believe in ccw. Thanks.

N6ATF
01-11-2008, 12:23 AM
4B might have covered this in another thread (can't be arsed to refresh my memory this early in the morning), but one reason for not believing in CCW is...

that having to get a CCW permit is an infringement on the right to arm bears. If you're not a criminal, you should just be able to pack. Period.

4 Brigada
01-11-2008, 4:38 AM
[QUOTE]May I ask why you don't "believe" in ccw.[QUOTE]

I guess maybe I should have explained it better. CCW isnt for me. That doesnt mean that its not OK for others. Im not a handgunner. I own one handgun, a belgian HP. Its very hard to conceal my carry weapon of choice, I also believe in deterrence, and I dont think that someone in their right mind would try to mug someone with a sidearm (if it was visible)or with my para FAL strapped to my back. As with all gun issues I support it, but doesnt mean that its for me.

QuarterBoreGunner
01-11-2008, 8:12 PM
As with all gun issues I support it, but doesnt mean that its for me.
Huh, that's a very interesting observation.
Well thought out and expressed.

chico.cm
01-11-2008, 8:23 PM
"...If you want to talk about AR-15s in California, the most helpful and knowledgeable experts in the world hang out on CalGuns.net. What else is there to add to this? "

Applause!

M. Sage
01-12-2008, 12:03 AM
Yep. We get attention. Go read HR1022 in the US Congress. Read it closely: they've paid attention to what we've done.

With all the FUD and BS that DOJ sends out (just saw something a while back where they claimed a Carbon-15 could go through an X-ray machine undetected :rolleyes: ), they deserve to lose a pissing match with us.