PDA

View Full Version : TX Unloaded Open Carry long gun are they the next to ban it???

Ninety
08-31-2013, 7:24 PM
We all know how well this worked in CA .. so .. here we go in TX

vN0GcahEvIc

This is bolstered by the comments of San Antonio police Chief William McManus, who said that although possessing a gun in public is legal, they can still be charged with disturbing the peace if it makes people uncomfortable. Using that logic, free speech can get you a ticket if someone finds what you are saying to be “disturbing.” - See more at: http://freepatriot.org/2013/08/31/three-gun-owners-texas-charged-obeying-law/#sthash.E9aSceIu.dpuf

ETA: I edited the title to make sure there was no confusion for people who didn't take the time to watch the video. And to be honest.. I didn't watch the whole thing either.. but did scroll thru .

Milsurp Collector
08-31-2013, 7:37 PM
EDIT- OP changed the original title of his thread from "TX OC are they the next to ban OC???" My response below is to his original thread title.

Um, open carry is already illegal in Texas.

Q: Can I strap a gun on my hip in Texas?

A: No, with some exceptions. Open carry is not legal in Texas, but you may open carry on your own property, in the commission of a sporting activity (competition, shooting ranges, etc.), and while engaged in hunting.

http://www.texasgunlaws.org/

CARRY

A person commits an offense of unlawfully carrying a weapon if the person intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries a handgun on or about his or her person unless the person is on one's own premise or premises under the person's control or inside of or directly en route to a motor vehicle that is owned by the person or under the person's control. It is unlawful to intentionally, knowingly or recklessly carry on or about one's person a handgun in a motor vehicle if the handgun is in plain view or the person is engaged in criminal activity (other than a misdemeanor traffic violation), prohibited by law from possessing a firearm or is a member of a street gang.

http://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/state-laws/texas.aspx

CitaDeL
08-31-2013, 7:45 PM
TX OC are they the next to ban OC???

No.

And you will note, that they are open carrying long arms- not handguns. Not illegal. The citation of 'disorderly conduct' is the best F.U. the police could come up with. Anyone want to wager how this will stand in court?

Ninety
08-31-2013, 8:30 PM
There is also the case with the vet on a hike with his son that got arrested for it as well..

another note is that this happened in San Antonio which is a pretty blue city if I remember correctly..

Disorderly conduct because someone doesn't like it.. not because it is illegal..

California44
08-31-2013, 8:53 PM
I don't like = illegal for you??? Should not stand. Cops should be cited for excessive 'force'.

REH
08-31-2013, 8:56 PM
San Antonio. Houston, are both anti gun liberal thinking.

SoCalGunny
09-02-2013, 1:12 PM
I used to live 5 miles from there. That is off freeway 10 just under the outback steakhouse and next door to staples.