PDA

View Full Version : Anywhere in the Orange County area to buy Ka-Bar Beckers?

Mr. Magoo
08-31-2013, 7:31 AM
Looking for a BK7 and BK9, they list BassPro but I only see the USMC on the site. Amazon has pretty good deals on them, just seeing if they can be had locally first.

Blademan21
09-05-2013, 3:28 PM
I Googled knife shops in Orange County and found several. You know if they have what you are looking for you will pay full retail. I'd shop around for the best price and pull the trigger, unless you need it ASAP. Good luck.

rooster85
09-05-2013, 4:24 PM
Amazon has them at a reasonable price.

Blademan21
09-05-2013, 8:46 PM
Amazon has them at a reasonable price.

Yea,OP stated that in his post.

shotcaller6
09-05-2013, 10:56 PM
Try Chestnut Ridge Knife Shop, best price I've found lately. YMMV

Ed_Hazard
09-06-2013, 5:21 AM
Try Plaza Cutlery in Costa Mesa. It's a mall shop but they carry a huge selection and are well known in the knife world. They can get pretty much anything your looking for.

http://www.plazacutlery.com/Index.htm

Mr. Magoo
09-06-2013, 6:20 AM
I mainly wanted to hold it to make sure it fit my hands well. I will check out that Plaza Cutlery, thanks. I had gotten to handle an OKC RD-6 and the scales were just too big for me.

Ed_Hazard
09-06-2013, 2:48 PM
I've found the stock scales that come on the Becker's to be a bit bulky and slick for me . The great thing is you can find great replacement scales easily or grind your own. I also replaced my stock sheath with kydex ones from Survival sheath and the 710 Custom.

rooster85
09-10-2013, 3:22 PM
Yea,OP stated that in his post.

He sure did blademan, perhaps i repeated it because they have them and he wouldn't have to look all over Ka looking for one?

Blademan21
09-10-2013, 7:49 PM
He sure did blademan, perhaps i repeated it because they have them and he wouldn't have to look all over Ka looking for one?

Check out post #7. OP wants to hold one. Sounds like he is still looking. I know we here are just trying to help,you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. :rolleyes:

Mr. Magoo
09-10-2013, 8:19 PM
I ended up getting a BK2 and a BK7. I already stripped the BK2 and have the materials to make some scales for it. I will probably end up making my own version of the hedgehog sheath. I also need to grind a hard 90 on the spine because it is too rounded to throw sparks.

They seem to have a tool grind, but still pretty sharp. I am going on a 4 day trip to the Sierra's next week, so I will get some good time with them to see how they perform and if my needs warrant a polish on the grind.

But so far, they seem to have a great value. Not as much as when they were $50, but still a lot of steel for ~$70. Its no Busse, Winkler, etc, but I am into them so far. They are sort of like an AR, you keep on refining it until it is what you want.

Thanks for the help guys.