PDA

View Full Version : JC Higgins Model 29 .22 LR semi-auto rifle $125 Ventura

toenail
08-30-2013, 6:52 PM
Grampa's attic find. :oji: In great shape for a rifle from the 1940s. The action functions well and all the parts are in good working order. This gun, like the rest of its ilk, has really pretty (and really odd) wood furniture. Rumor has it these guns were made for Sears by Hi-Standard.

I haven't shot it but can tell you from the lint on the back of the trigger guard that it will be best served by going to a home with lots of Hoppes #9 and some time to clean what looks like a rifle that's been hiding in a closet for the past 60 years. No rust but some very minor pitting on the top of the receiver. This pitting is so minor you can't see it unless you're looking really really close. Should make a great shooter or conversation piece

$125 firm. C&R holders only. You pick up in Ventura or I'll fed-ex it to you for another $20.

08-30-2013, 7:20 PM
C&R guns do not need to be sold to a C&R holder. do you have any bigger pictures?

RamonSJC
08-30-2013, 7:23 PM
Amazing find! Why can't I ever find cool gun stuff?

DropIn
08-30-2013, 10:11 PM
Pm sent

Mcasshl247
08-31-2013, 12:25 AM
C&R guns do not need to be sold to a C&R holder. do you have any bigger pictures?

He is righr, no c&r needed

toenail
09-08-2013, 9:22 AM
This rifle is still available. I was holding it for a guy from here in Ventura but he never called. It's still dirty and in need of a thorough cleaning, but is still cooler than santa claus for someone that likes old guns. I have bigger pictures I can email you but none that are any better thanks to the limits of iPhone cameras and my terrible photography skills.

I'm not taking offers on it, so it's $125 FTF in Ventura (you don't need to be C&R, but please don't be a felon, an addict or a communist seeking to overthrow the government by unconstitutional means) or $145 via FedEx (you do need to be C&R). If you want to pay by anti-gun PayPal, add another $10.

Foothill Fab
09-08-2013, 6:32 PM
PM sent

Wolfpack331
10-14-2013, 9:39 PM
I'll take it if its still avail. PM Sent