PDA

View Full Version : " No Disposition Available "

homelessdude
08-29-2013, 7:22 PM
I will try to keep this short and the back story is to involved to put here. After 63 years of having all my rights I recieved a letter from the DOJ that I could not buy or own a firearm. I tried to find out why and after three weeks and a lawyer he was told I had a felony from 1967 that was dismissed and set aside but that there was no proof that it had been reduced to a misdomenor before it was set aside. I went thru the micro film and sent it to DOJ showing that a plea of inocent was enterd before it was dismissed. NO reply. I filed a 17b petition and it was granted. The DOJ told me there were issues with the " no Disposition Available " charges in my CII. They referred me to there Seal and Destroy unit. These people seem to think that all you have to do is ask for an 851.8 and it will be granted. In my experiance this is not true. I had several granted by arresting agencys but judges are very reluctant to grant them. The interesting part and the point of this post is that I had a hearing today in Superior Court with a judge that had denied two of my petitions. He told me he will probably denie this one also and said this is not the way to proceed but he might issue a court order to the DOJ that a" No Disposition Availabe" is not a conviction and they should be treated as an arrest. This could change everything. The court will let me know by mail what his final decision is. If this interests the CGN contact me.

Doheny
08-29-2013, 7:30 PM
... These people seem to think that all you have to do is ask for an 851.8 and it will be granted. In my experiance this is not true. I had several granted by arresting agencys but judges are very reluctant to grant them..

Just curious, how many times have you been arrested?

bussda
08-29-2013, 7:36 PM
There is a thread on CGF suing DOJ about this. See http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=656150 . I recommend you also contact CGF at their website or email wildhawker.

homelessdude
08-29-2013, 8:15 PM
Does the number really make a difference. An arrest is not a crine.

CWDraco
08-30-2013, 5:24 AM
The whole point to our freedom is an arrest doesn't mean you were guilty and no punishment can be administered. The OP is being punished and having his rights removed / denied illegally. I have several friends who have been arrested probably a dozen times for actions relating to protesting government and corporate America. They are good people, but I bet are prohibited from firearm ownership due to this.

fizux
08-30-2013, 5:33 AM
Just curious, how many times have you been arrested?There was once a time when getting arrested for minor stuff was not likely to result in the permanent loss of civil liberties. Note that OP's arrest was before 1968 GCA was passed, which prohibits all felons (including non-violent felons) from possessing a firearm. Once upon a time, one could be arrested for spitting at a cop, spend a few hours in the can, and be released with no charges or fanfare because that is all that was merited; now, it's a whole different story, and police cannot be as informal due in part to civil liability for "admitting they had nothing." Some DUIs were followed home, some spent a few hours sobering up before being dropped back off at their cars, or similar remedies (one friend had to push his car home the last 3 blocks under observation); now, a DUI is a major crime, and politicians are talking about 2 DUIs causing the loss of firearm rights. In the 1950s and 1960s, normal kids got arrested for minor stuff, and it was no big deal a month later; now, it keeps people out of college and from getting a job.

San Francisco's former District Attorney, Mr. Hallinan, is an example of someone with multiple arrests for civil disobedience, yet still of sufficient moral character to be admitted to the State Bar. The California Supreme Court's opinion is illustrative: http://scholar.google.com/scholar_case?case=7142019911024888648
Arguably, having a license to practice law for 50 years is far more dangerous than a firearm, particularly given a position such as district attorney.

CGF suing CA DOJ over DROS delays is in this forum here:
Schoepf v. Harris
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=812341

homelessdude
08-30-2013, 9:30 PM
After being granted the 17b and several 851.8 petitions I talked with a DOJ person whose name I have seen in other posts here and ask her if I should send in another form asking if I can own a firearm.She told me they hate that form because it does not allow them to check several data bases. She told me to go buy a gun and force them to check everything and if it does not go well to call her and she will help me get it fixed. Not being a young fool I thought this sounded really shakey. After thinking about it for a week I went and bought a stripped lower to see what happens. The ten days are up 9/6/13. I'll let you know the results.

Cactus_Tim
08-31-2013, 6:41 AM
Did you request a copy of your criminal record?
and then challenge it as inaccurate or incomplete?
That's how I got them to record a disposition.
Criminal Records - Request Your Own (http://oag.ca.gov/fingerprints/security)
Of course, after they ***** footed around with a bunch of excuses and I started talking to a lawyer about an administrative review...
they found the file and updated the record.
That was in Arizona, but I'm sure it's a similar process here.

homelessdude
08-31-2013, 9:45 AM
I have several live scan records that I have requested over the last eight months I have also challenged the innaccuracies on them. I have sent them copys of the 17.b and 851.8 petitions as well as asking the courts to send them a cpoy. I have probably sent them fifty pages of records from the courts, the arresting agencies, and the archives/microfilm dept. To date I have only been told the it takes 90 days for them to review the submitted material. Please keep in mind I have legaly perchased firearms my whole adult life and have the reciept for the last one in the ninties. I wasn't just delayed I went from legal to a denied person in one step. I have not been convicted of anything more serious than a traffic ticket in over 30 years. Luckily I have a local dealer who listened to my story and let me make the purchase with no loss of money if it is denied except the $25.00 dros fees. I guess we will see what happens on the 6th.

:oji: :oji: :oji:

BigStiCK
08-31-2013, 9:53 AM
I was under the assumption that our criminal legal system was based on the whole "Innocent until Proven Guilty" thing.

I guess I was wrong.
:icon_bs:

CWDraco
08-31-2013, 3:57 PM
I was under the assumption that our criminal legal system was based on the whole "Innocent until Proven Guilty" thing.

I guess I was wrong.
:icon_bs:

California DoJ operates under a different policy when dealing with firearms. I am not joking around either. No person has a right to a firearm who has not been given that firearm by the Government. Its a privilege they grant to you. Again, I am not joking around. The DoJ has a completely different read on 2A then you and I.

homelessdude
09-02-2013, 7:45 AM
It is almost impossible to get one of them on the phone without going thru the call back system they have. If they call back ( often times they don't ) it will be days later when your standing in the checkout line of your food store or some other location and your paperwork is at home. The first thing they tell you is they cannot talk about specific files so the info you get is very broad such as ( it takes three to four months for that information to be processed ) or that is another dept, let me transfer you. Then they transfer you to a recorded message that says leave a message and they will call you back. In eight months I have never had a person from there tell me " I have your file in front of me " and yes we have recieved or not recieved that information, we are verifying or disagree with it. Some basic positive business practices would be a major improvment. But that could be said for many Ca. gov. agencys. Some useful info for others maybe. Recently I was granted an 851.8 by a local sheriff and recieved a letter with it that stated it was not in effect untill I recieved a letter from the DOJ that it had been recorded. The letter said that due to backlog of work this process is presently taking four months from the time they recieve it. They were just given 25 million to confiscate property based on files that are a joke. Why not fix the files first?
I feel better now :)

'ol shooter
09-02-2013, 11:44 AM
Let's face it, the legal system is a joke, written by and for attorneys and judges, implemented by buffoons, and a mystery to even those who administer the laws. Have you tried calling an attorney who specifically practices gun law?

homelessdude
09-02-2013, 6:23 PM
I have talked to several. What I have already accomplished would have cost me 7-8 thousand dollers. The bill for everything I hope to do was around ten grand. I retired last year and have more time than money. I'm fairly smart so I decided to do it myself. The legal system isn't that complicated if you assume they are making it as un-user friendly as possible for everyone except lawyers and judges. There are basic procedures to all these petitions and when you learn them it's not hard, just time consuming. If you stray to far fron the norm they will be very glad to point it out to you. Far more of it is driven by personalitys than one would suspect. an example: I filed a petition in LA superior Court. I had a copy of the microfilm transcrips and offered to let her copy them. She clearly didn't like me much and told me they would request there own copys and it would take nine months to get them so my hearing would be in a year. She found a small error on one page and would not except it when I crossed it out and put the correct number in. I left and brought it back at lunch. A nice lady took it, copied the file and gave me a hearing in three weeks. A lot depends on the luck of the draw. Some of the people that work in the court system know less about the procedures than I do. I have had some interesting discusions at the window. Alot of what you pay that lawyer for are his relationships with court personnel and judges. My crimminal lawyer plays golf with a lot of them. This is not an area most lawyers deal with. I'll get what I'm after, it just takes time, research, and determination.

dcannon003
09-05-2013, 11:34 AM
homelessdude
what is a 17b ?...i live in the SFV of los angeles county and have a situation similar to yours wth a felony arrest frm 1982 wth no disposition..the case was right here in Van Nuys court...they have no records..ive filed petitions, i have police reports..its all gone nowhere..for almost a year now...i stopped by the Van Nuys court Public Defenders office today and they gave me the ph # for the Archives...i assumed they didnt keep the records...i hope i am wrong...

homelessdude
09-05-2013, 2:24 PM
A 17b petition, called a 'Petition for Dismissal' asks the court to lower a felony to a misdemeanor then dismiss and set aside the conviction. Do a web search on 17b and you can find the forms and how to file them on line. The LA County Archives are across the street from the downtown courthouse. You need the case number before going there. The clerk at the crimminal court can look it up for you. The numbers on your Ca. crimminal record are not case numbers. At least not in LA or Berdoo Countys. Use the date of arrest off the Ca record to get the case number from the court then go to the archives. Any record older than about 1982 is in the microfilm archives. I recently retrieved the records from a trial in 1967 from the microfilm. They told me they keep everything 99 years. If the archives transcrip shows this was done you don't need to do it again. Mail your proof to the DOJ and wait, and wait and when HELL freezes over they might fix it. You might also try a web search for 851.8 and see if this will help you. It is called a seal and destroy petition. Hope this helps.

homelessdude
09-05-2013, 2:47 PM
Well I'm still a denied person. The gun shop just called and said I was denied. I tryed to call the DOJ person but it was leave a message time again. I'll keep trying. Acording to the DOJ website they are supposed to send me a letter within two weeks explaining the reason for the denial and how to dispute it.

homelessdude
09-06-2013, 5:53 PM
The lady from the DOJ returned my call today. She said I would get a letter from DOJ in the next five to ten days stating why I was denied. She ask me to fax her a copy of it along with any documentation I have that disputes it. She said she would get involved and see if she can help me fix things. If she follows thru and does what she said it can only help. I'll take all the help I can get. Meanwhile I'm still waiting on the judge from the 851.8 two weeks ago and I have another hearing on the thirtteenth. Sooner or later I'll get my rights back. :oji:

homelessdude
09-11-2013, 7:12 AM
Recieved my denial letter yesterday. Faxed twentyfive pages of material to the lady at DOJ. I am going to the Post Office this morning to mail her hard copys. Hope she has better luck than I seem to have.

spcsouth
09-11-2013, 11:25 AM
I know Ive been calling DOJ I'm getting a letter from the DA's office but this is just stupid. They say their calling but it only took me 10 min to get ahold of someone in the DA's office and find out the info

homelessdude
09-13-2013, 5:23 PM
I had another 851.8 hearing today. The DA ask for a six week extention so she could do some research. I gave her notice in July before the hearing last month. I want a Gov. job. A place where the true under achiever can thrive and reach their potential. The judge was almost funny. He continued it so she could do her research so that I don't have to continue to return over and over. This was my third appearence. I guess four is the magic number in that court. O well life goes on. :oji:

Sakiri
09-13-2013, 6:37 PM
I feel for you man. That is just some serious BS.

Makes me more and more glad I don't have an arrest record. At all. 32 years old, not arrested once. ><

Doheny
09-13-2013, 11:21 PM
.. I want a Gov. job. A place where the true under achiever can thrive and reach their potential...

Spoken by a guy who's been arrested multiple times and is now here crying that he's a prohibited person.

Poor life choices have consequences. Get over it.

Sakiri
09-14-2013, 9:46 PM
Spoken by a guy who's been arrested multiple times and is now here crying that he's a prohibited person.

"multiple arrests" means "jack and shiz".

He's prohibited because of a screw up in THEIR system, not because of something he did.

Get bent.

e90bmw
09-15-2013, 3:06 PM

Multiple arrests do not mean multiple convictions.
In this country, you are innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

homelessdude
09-15-2013, 6:52 PM
Hey Doheny, Your posts say "Livin the dream". First off I'm 65 not 20 I don't cry or whine. I'm trying to share the process so others in the same or similar situations can see what works or didn't work for me. There are thousands of people in paperwork hell with the Gov. You keep that wool over your eyes, the gov. can turn that dream of yours into a nightmare anytime they want to. And if you are trying to imply that you are a better, more moral, or noble person than I am because of multiple arrests you are a fool. It is not a crime to get arrested, maybe you just never had anything important enough to fight for. Your attitude is pretty depressing. Your very judgemental to be on a site that is fighting the Gov. to protect your rights.

If you live your life to the extreme, sometimes **** happens.

Tincon
09-15-2013, 7:40 PM

Seriously? You really don't know what you are talking about.

homelessdude
09-16-2013, 11:50 AM
Great news, The lady from DOJ just called and said that my record had been ammended and I was no longer a denied person. I ask her if I could go shopping and she said go for it. I am heading over to my local store this afternoon to relieve some of my built up purchaseing power. I thanked her several times and told her I would call in ten days and report any problems or thank her a few dozen more times. They didn't amend everything I wanted but I am making progress. One interesting quote from the letter "The no public record documents you have submitted from the Los Angeles County Superior Court are not orders to amend or remove any entries from your record". I think they are a pretty strong indication that no charges were ever filed and the case was only an arrest. This should be enough to resolve the " No Disposition Available " in my humble opinion. Oh well it's still a good day.

Tincon
09-16-2013, 12:01 PM
Glad to hear it.

homelessdude
09-16-2013, 2:06 PM
Thanks, i went shopping now It's the old ten day wait again. I hope it all goes smoothly and this war is over but every time I think so we need to go another round. At this point even a delay is progress.

stix213
09-16-2013, 3:39 PM
Glad to hear

homelessdude
09-23-2013, 5:55 PM
Hi all, Recieved a call from my local store today that I was delayed by the DOJ. I called the DOJ again and they will probably return the call tomorrow. I guess delayed is better than denied but after ten months you would think they could get it right. Oh well it's a step in the right direction. :mad:

xrMike
09-23-2013, 6:37 PM
Congratulations! It's really nice to read about a happy ending these days.

homelessdude
09-24-2013, 4:05 PM
I'm not sure a delay is a victory but it is a step in the right direction. I'll keep chipping away untill they correct there errors. Thanks :)

rt66paul
09-24-2013, 7:12 PM
A few arrests can be civil disobedience, they can be from a different time in someone's life, 20 years can make a huge difference in maturity. Street racing can be a felony, the wrong cop can call something a speed contest and hurt you for life.
Sometimes young adults get in situations that they have to use force to get out of and maybe a big stick. There are many felonies that really should be misdemeanors. Misdemeanors with priors can get upgraded to a felony. Judging someone today from things that were done 30-40 years ago is not the American way.
Just because the neighborhood you grew up in made you do things(because if, you didn't, everyone in the family was in trouble), or standing up to the bullies 2 blocks away with your buddies, doesn't mean you are bad today.

anthonyca
09-24-2013, 10:23 PM
There was once a time when getting arrested for minor stuff was not likely to result in the permanent loss of civil liberties. Note that OP's arrest was before 1968 GCA was passed, which prohibits all felons (including non-violent felons) from possessing a firearm. Once upon a time, one could be arrested for spitting at a cop, spend a few hours in the can, and be released with no charges or fanfare because that is all that was merited; now, it's a whole different story, and police cannot be as informal due in part to civil liability for "admitting they had nothing." Some DUIs were followed home, some spent a few hours sobering up before being dropped back off at their cars, or similar remedies (one friend had to push his car home the last 3 blocks under observation); now, a DUI is a major crime, and politicians are talking about 2 DUIs causing the loss of firearm rights. In the 1950s and 1960s, normal kids got arrested for minor stuff, and it was no big deal a month later; now, it keeps people out of college and from getting a job.

San Francisco's former District Attorney, Mr. Hallinan, is an example of someone with multiple arrests for civil disobedience, yet still of sufficient moral character to be admitted to the State Bar. The California Supreme Court's opinion is illustrative: http://scholar.google.com/scholar_case?case=7142019911024888648
Arguably, having a license to practice law for 50 years is far more dangerous than a firearm, particularly given a position such as district attorney.

CGF suing CA DOJ over DROS delays is in this forum here:
Schoepf v. Harris
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=812341

Good points. Most of my uncles and Dad's friends got into trouble between 16 and early 20s. They all went on to be home owners and contributing members of society who never got in trouble again. My dad recently died at 80.

Now days they would be held down and the record would never go away. What is even worse is things like what happened to the OP. People pleaded to things they didn't do because they were told that it would go away if they just signed a paper and now 40 years later it is haunting them. Many people did things that now days would get you a felony and the cops would in the past give you a ride home or look the other way.

homelessdude
10-01-2013, 5:35 PM
Hi all, I talked to the lady at the DOJ and she told me she went over everything and there was one entry that said " No Disposition Available ". This is the only thing holding me up at the present time according to her. She advised me to go to the court, the DA, the Probation dept. and the arresting agency in the county of record and send her all the paperwork. I went to the court and they gave me a letter of no record. This should prove no charges were ever filed and there was no court case. Then I went to the DA. The lady at the window said she was too busy and I should return the next Thursday. Then I went to the Probation Dept. even though they would have no record if there was no case. The lady there told me they had no record of it but they do not write letters in this case. I ask her if she would write a letter to DOJ stating they don't write letters. She didn't see the humor in it. Last I went to the sherriffs and they gave me a copy of the release papers that say released for lack of evidence and no probable cause to believe I committed the act. I faxed all this off to the DOJ today so I guess I'll get a call in a few days. I'm hoping this is the end of it but we'll see. :facepalm:

homelessdude
10-02-2013, 2:14 PM
The DOJ just called and told me I was no longer a denied person. They said the store I am delayed at will be told within the next fourtyfive minutes. It looks like the ten month battle is finally over. ( I hope ) I still have some petitions in process that I will continue with ( 851.8 ) I think I will refile several of them. Now that all of the arrests are no longer " No Disposition Available " and are listed as detentions maybe I can get some of the arresting agencys to grant the petitions. If all this posting does anything I hope if you are in a similar position it helps you to continue to fight and not give up. Remember that they work for you even if they don't understand that. :) :D :)

LMTluvr
10-02-2013, 2:24 PM
So did you in fact get to pick up your new purchase?
Thanks for the informative thread, don't mind doheny. Nobody pays much attention to him.

homelessdude
10-02-2013, 5:10 PM
I recieved another call an hour ago from the lady that really helped with this . I told her I had recieved a call from the person she had went over my record with. I also told her that I was waiting on the store to call me and tell me to pick up my purchase. I told her that I was not going to relax untill the store called. She told me to call her if the store doesn't get the go ahead and she will get involved. The store called about ten minutes ago and told me I was clear and can go in and pick up my purchase. It looks good so far. I'm going to buy another item when I go in tomorrow morning just to help the shop and to make sure everything is really fixed. It should be interesting to see what happens with the next purchase. I told the lady that several people had ask for her name and I had not given it out. She told me that if they were serious about solving there problems and would treat her with respect that she would try to help them. If you are in this situation and can use some help I will pass the name and number along. However I do not want to bring grief on her. She knows the system is broken ( my words not hers ) and really is trying to help people. I'm not sure how to pass that info. along without putting her name on this thread but I'm willing to learn. :)

Fryall4
10-02-2013, 5:58 PM
Good for you! I don't know you, but I am proud of you :)

huntercf
10-02-2013, 8:05 PM
Thanks for sharing your ordeal. Glad to hear it worked out in the end. Time to go shooting! Congrats!

mudbass7
10-03-2013, 9:07 AM

Spoken by ricky rescue.... Go shine your apparatus.

As for OP, Grats man. I'm glad you got it all figured out.

homelessdude
10-03-2013, 6:01 PM
I picked it up this morning. I'm going shopping tomorrow and buying something else I want just to make sure it wasn't a one time thing. It feels pretty good to squander my not so spare money again. Take care :)

bigpondonly
10-03-2013, 10:00 PM
Congrats!!!! Way to hang in there. Very happy for you.
Dave

Doheny
10-04-2013, 7:16 PM
Spoken by ricky rescue.... Go shine your apparatus.

Actually, I've got people that do that for me.

I'm guessing you're private, 'eh?

homelessdude
10-04-2013, 8:13 PM
Dude You sound like a real jerk. So tell us what you do that we should bend a knee and kiss your ***.

cjc16
10-04-2013, 8:44 PM

homelessdude
10-05-2013, 7:51 AM
I recieved an interesting item in the mail yesterday. On 7/ 31/13 I had a hearing on an 851 petition and the judge said he would send me his decision by mail. This is the judge that said he would probably denie it but what I needed was a court order. I am not sure but I think he found a place in the middle. I will write his ruling word for word below.
IN CHAMBERS
This is a petition to Seal and Destroy Adult Arrest Records filed on July 31, 2013, by " Homelessdude " ( petitioner ). The court has reviewed Petitioner's CII records and conducted an investigation into the disposition of petitioner's arrests. For every case where the disposition was listed on the CII as " no disposition available", the Court was unable to locate any documents indicating that the Petitioner was convicted of any of those crimes.

On a second page he wrote; The petition to Seal and Destroy Adult Arrest Records is denied due to the fact that the court is unable to locate any documents indicating that the Petitioner was convicted of any of the crimes listed on the CII.

Whats interesting is he had the power to Seal them even if they were only arrests, instead he used that as the reason to denie and went to great lenths to point out they should not be " no disposition available ". Not a yes on the seal and destroy yet not quite a court order for them to be removed either. Seems to be somewhere in the middle. I'm sending a copy to DOJ to see if they will add it to my files anyway. Anyone with more brains than I have care to share an opinion?

voiceofreason
10-05-2013, 8:45 AM
Multiple arrests do not mean multiple convictions.
In this country, you are innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

I know a guy that's been arrested multiple times with NO convictions on his record.

His father is a defense attorney BTW.

homelessdude
10-05-2013, 12:22 PM
My father passed on many years ago. Having an lawler in the family would make it easier. My family always had the attitude that " You got your *** in that position, You get it out ". You learn pretty quickly to handle your problems on your own. Old school rules.

TanksEcho
10-08-2013, 12:29 AM
Glad to hear a positive ending to dilemmas like the one you were faced with.

wmtrp
10-08-2013, 8:19 AM
I would send the lady that helped you some flowers

homelessdude
10-08-2013, 9:11 AM
I did tell her I would send her flowers or buy her dinner if she were ever in my area. She said the flowers would probably end up in the guard shack in the parking lot. Seems there pretty picky about what gets in the building. But the dinner offer still stands. She was a very nice lady. I told her I really admire her charactor and spirit and she should be running the place. I sent her the paperwork I recieved last week yesterday. Will be interesting to here what she has to say about it. Take care :)

DTOM CA!
10-08-2013, 9:39 AM
Nice persistence. Glad to hear it all worked out for you. Here is a hint for everyone. Start out being the nicest person when doing things like this. If you have to get nasty it should be the last resort not the 1st. When I go to the DMV I have a smile and try and make their day. You would be surprised at the things you can accomplish.

Armando de la Guerra
10-08-2013, 9:42 AM
Thanks for posting that, homelessdude. I also am on delay due to a 'no disposition'. I have hired an attorney who so far has discovered that my name does not appear in the records of the court of jurisdiction, in other words, no conviction(s). The atty is now (supposedly) checking with the LAPD Discovery Unit for the arrest record.

I was told that any records from the court need to be faxed directly to the DOJ by the court, not by us. Apparently, that is not the case, in your case, anyway.

Thanks again.

curtisfong
10-08-2013, 10:09 AM
Nice persistence. Glad to hear it all worked out for you. Here is a hint for everyone. Start out being the nicest person when doing things like this. If you have to get nasty it should be the last resort not the 1st. When I go to the DMV I have a smile and try and make their day. You would be surprised at the things you can accomplish.

Excellent advice. I always do the same. Start especially nice. Escalate only if necessary and if you think it will work.

SonofWWIIDI
10-08-2013, 10:23 AM
Homelessdude, I'm glad that things seem to be working out for the better for you. It's too bad that our government is so screwed up that they can't even keep their own record straight!

I wish you luck and good fortune in the future. Thanks for posting your personal horror story. Hopefully if the same sheet happens to others they can use your issues and remedies to fix their own issues.

Good luck.

homelessdude
10-10-2013, 11:49 AM
Hi Armando, Your right that they tell you they want paperwork directly from the court, But I always send them copys just to make sure they get them. If you can get a relationship worked out with them they are far more flexable. I am not giving legal advice and if you have the money and not the time required to do it a lawyer is the best way to go. You can go to the Court clerk and they will run your record and if the charge isn't in their computors they will give you a certificate of no record. You can also go to the arresting agency yourself and ask for a copy of the arrest record. I have sent these in and it helped. I just want people to know that if they can not afford a lawyer, and have the time, they can do this. Yes it can be intimidating but it doesn't take long to figure the system out. They should not give up. Persistence pays off.

homelessdude
10-18-2013, 5:40 AM
Hello all, I made another purchase at a large sporting goods store to confirm that everything is back to normal. Ten days is up this afternoon. The store said they would call if there was a problem ( doj ). So far no calls. I'll go pick it up tomorrow and head straight to the range for a little relaxation.

DJMAN
10-19-2013, 9:14 AM
Thanks for the great info and putting in all the hard work for us on CG.

homelessdude
10-20-2013, 6:08 PM
Thanks, It was a good outlet for me also. I hope it helped some others. Picked up my new purchase this morning and went to the range. Life is good. I guess I can officaly say it's over, at least for now. Knock on wood. Thanks to all for the support.

prsnmac4
01-09-2014, 12:14 AM
Thanks, It was a good outlet for me also. I hope it helped some others. Picked up my new purchase this morning and went to the range. Life is good. I guess I can officaly say it's over, at least for now. Knock on wood. Thanks to all for the support.

Hey Homelessdude, great story and better information. Can I get the contact info for the nice lady at the doj?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)