PDA

View Full Version : SON OF A DOG! UPS GOT STOLEN

FEDUPWBS
01-08-2008, 9:46 AM
Was waiting for my order from Brownells for a large supply of Gunkote and Alumahyde. Just got home from work and there was a bunch of trash a half eaten diaper (yummy!) some packing air bags and a pie plate w/ H2O and a pie tin with catfood? A pair of flipflops accross the yard and some other garbage/papers. I figured the debris was from the storm and the food was for my dog (maybe he got out).
There was also a package from DSA as well (dont hate). I grapped the package and was wondering WTF was going on here. Went inside and started replying to pms and started wondering where my F'ing 2 week old Brownells order was. So I go to look in the back yard, not there, came around to the front door and noticed a fold of papers. Turns out the papers are my invoice and the air bags are from my order! Bastards took the coating and the box. I REALLY NEED SOME COATING FOR a couple builds that must be completed ASAP if you have anthing that can help get this completed LMK. Worst case is engine paint whats the best to use?
I must give a thumbs up to Brownells they didnt give me any BULL they just said they would sent a replacement order TODAY. SWEET but I need the paint now.

MustangO4
01-08-2008, 9:50 AM
I have earth brown and green alumahyde I can put in the mail tomorrow if that helps.

Shane916
01-08-2008, 9:51 AM
They stole your stuff and left a half eaten diaper, a pie plate, some water and a pair of flip flops?

drawn
01-08-2008, 10:01 AM
PM sent.

FEDUPWBS
01-08-2008, 10:04 AM
They stole your stuff and left a half eaten diaper, a pie plate, some water and a pair of flip flops?

Thats what I'm saying? Are they trying to send me a coded message?

Shane916
01-08-2008, 10:09 AM

Weird! What kind of neighborhood is it you live in?

4 Brigada
01-08-2008, 10:13 AM
Man, FEDUPWBS lives in the better part of Fresno. You can imagine what the rest is like.:eek:

totenkopf
01-08-2008, 10:15 AM

JeffM
01-08-2008, 10:40 AM

Sounds like the credit card company to me.

Seriously though, that's pretty f'ed up.

Mac
01-08-2008, 10:48 AM

Nuuze
01-08-2008, 11:42 AM
That sucks man! Happened to me at my last house we were at 5 years ago. The worse thing is that once you notify UPS of the situation, the address will be flagged so all packages from then on will be signature required regardless. It was really annoying for me.

caduckgunner
01-08-2008, 11:56 AM
Fresno....... That explains it.

They way I have it figured is Stockton and Bakersfield are the armpits of California, and Fresno is the un-washed Taint :p

Lethal_addict
01-08-2008, 12:23 PM
At least if they use it for tagging you most likley won't notice it... It would be cammoflaged :kest:

ar15barrels
01-08-2008, 1:50 PM
At least if they use it for tagging you most likley won't notice it... It would be cammoflaged :kest:

They will huff it.
The box probably had an "ORM-D" sticker on it.
Anyone into huffing would know to steal that box.

mds2004
01-08-2008, 1:53 PM
Fresno....... That explains it.

They way I have it figured is Stockton and Bakersfield are the armpits of California, and Fresno is the un-washed Tatnt :p

Damn, and I have to live in both Fresno and Bakersfield :kest:

dondo
01-08-2008, 2:25 PM
A half eaten diaper? I ALWAYS finish a diaper once I start eating it.

Stormfeather
01-08-2008, 2:30 PM

The midget sat in the car. . . . The sky is blue tomorrow

eta: btw, got your letter. "Assuming" its from the san jose shoot? addressed to other half, so didnt open it. its a little compromise we have.

NRAhighpowershooter
01-08-2008, 2:38 PM

TWO WEEKS!!!!!!!!!

:TFH::p

Matt C
01-08-2008, 2:39 PM
They will huff it.

I think you can use that stuff to make meth. At least thats what the friendly folks in county jail told me...

4 Brigada
01-08-2008, 2:43 PM
TWO WEEKS!!!!!!!!!

:rofl2:

FEDUPWBS
01-08-2008, 2:43 PM
They will huff it.

Twas what I was thinking.

ar15barrels
01-08-2008, 2:45 PM
Theft ought to be illegal.
Then nobody would steal things. ;)

rg_1111@yahoo.com
01-08-2008, 4:14 PM
Maybe the dog chewed it up like the pistol grip. J/K.

SemiAutoSam
01-08-2008, 4:56 PM
How was Wayside ?

I think you can use that stuff to make meth. At least thats what the friendly folks in county jail told me...

thedrickel
01-08-2008, 4:57 PM
Maybe the dog chewed it up like the pistol grip. J/K.

And the glock!

mike100
01-08-2008, 5:25 PM
Sounds like the thief(s) emptied one of your neighbors trash bags to use..possibly to carry your loot off without looking like it.

dadoody
01-08-2008, 5:48 PM
At least it was 3rd party thieves.

I've had a few packages that I'm pretty sure the UPS guy stole. I will not do business with UPS.

Latest incident, I ordered a 19" LCD monitor. During delivery day, I worked at home. Checked the door @ 1pm. Nothing. Left the door open, screen door locked.

2pm, I check the UPS website. Status: Delivered @ 1:27pm. "Item left under pot".

I have no pots in my front yard that would accommodate a 19" Monitor PLUS I was at home. I immediately call UPS and ask them: "What the hell?"

I got the run around and in the end, I got a refund from the company that sold me the monitor, but I think some of the UPS crew are crooks.

N6ATF
01-08-2008, 6:13 PM
What CAN'T brown do for you?

tankerman
01-08-2008, 7:56 PM
Maybe one of your neighbors dogs is farting gunkote. If you insert a tip/nozzle and press its belly just right maybe....................;)

oaklander
01-08-2008, 8:40 PM
Jeez Fed - that's harsh!!!

I got an AMD-65 kit and a bunch of parts on the way. Now I'm all paranoid!!!

:eek:

HOGDOG45-70
01-08-2008, 11:39 PM
better part of fresno? Never heard of it.

SunriseF150
01-09-2008, 9:57 AM
At least it was 3rd party thieves.

I've had a few packages that I'm pretty sure the UPS guy stole. I will not do business with UPS.

Latest incident, I ordered a 19" LCD monitor. During delivery day, I worked at home. Checked the door @ 1pm. Nothing. Left the door open, screen door locked.

2pm, I check the UPS website. Status: Delivered @ 1:27pm. "Item left under pot".

I have no pots in my front yard that would accommodate a 19" Monitor PLUS I was at home. I immediately call UPS and ask them: "What the hell?"

I got the run around and in the end, I got a refund from the company that sold me the monitor, but I think some of the UPS crew are crooks.

Same thing happened to my friend. He ordered some turbo parts for his car. The place he ordered from had them drop shipped from the manufacturer. The logos are on the outside of the box (not double boxed to avoid display of purchase). So the fedex ground (out of Stockton) guy knew exactly what it was. My friends girlfriend was home all day and never saw a fedex guy. He called later when he got home and they told him they left it at the front door at xxxx time. Then fedex wouldn't let the company he ordered from file a claim since they didn't ship it. And the manufacture for some reason wouldn't file a claim. And to top it off the company he ordered from wouldn't give him a refund or send a replacement product for free. They told him they would sell him another at cost. WTF????

ar15barrels
01-09-2008, 10:47 AM
Same thing happened to my friend. He ordered some turbo parts for his car. The place he ordered from had them drop shipped from the manufacturer. The logos are on the outside of the box (not double boxed to avoid display of purchase). So the fedex ground (out of Stockton) guy knew exactly what it was. My friends girlfriend was home all day and never saw a fedex guy. He called later when he got home and they told him they left it at the front door at xxxx time. Then fedex wouldn't let the company he ordered from file a claim since they didn't ship it. And the manufacture for some reason wouldn't file a claim. And to top it off the company he ordered from wouldn't give him a refund or send a replacement product for free. They told him they would sell him another at cost. WTF????

This is why you can dispute credit card charges. ;)

pepsi2451
01-09-2008, 1:47 PM

Well at least you learned something new.

SunriseF150
01-09-2008, 2:56 PM
This is why you can dispute credit card charges. ;)

Yeah but he paid cash. We were in the bay area so he decided to go by there to buy the parts. They didn't have the parts in stock so they ordered them for him. We live 2.5 hours away so it was easier to ship them instead of pick them up when they came in. He just has the worst luck order anything though.

psriley
01-09-2008, 5:21 PM
Did you check under the flipflops?

valleyrat
01-09-2008, 5:37 PM
Man, you guys rag on Fresno a lot. I like my side of town!

I have been lucky with my packages so for (knock on wood).