PDA

View Full Version : Under Warranty Shipping Coverage

code33
01-08-2008, 12:47 AM
S&W covers shipping both ways.
Springfield reimburses up to $50.

Any others covers both to and from for warranty service?

Sheldon
01-08-2008, 3:47 AM
Your attitude can probably influence that. I know I got Colt and Ruger to do it. With the Colt it was a cluster F from the get go and ended with me returning the pistol and demanding a complete refund of my money. They made me send them a written demand and I listed everything I could think of with copies of all the shipping billing, phone calls, and even my mileage driving to and from the local warranty station. They did pay it all.

With the Ruger, I paid it once without thinking about even asking for it back when it was cheap to ship a pistol. The second time I asked them about it and they told me to send them a bill when the whole warranty issue was completed. They replaced the top end on a used MKII pistol I bought under their warranty and I had to wait the 10 day waiting period all over again and pay to re-Dros it. They paid me back all expenses including the re-DROS.

1911_sfca
01-08-2008, 4:22 AM
I have had 2 warranty repairs with Sig, and they covered shipping both ways, both times.

The latest one was last week, and my FFL made me DROS the gun just to get it back! Total time in shipping and repair -- 3-4 days. Now I have a 10 day waiting period to get my own $&!@ gun back..

The FFL told me that they were recently audited by the DOJ, and the DOJ agents told them that if they have a gun for more than 24 hours, even if they are repairing it in house, they must re-DROS as a "return to owner".

Nice to see the BOF has not stopped making up their own laws. Guess they are trying to drum up some additional revenue. :iggy:

hitman13
01-08-2008, 8:20 AM
when you ship a firearm to springfield they will reimburse your cost of shipping up to 50 bucks and will ship back to you on their dime. just make sure when you ship something that you put a copy of the shipping receipt in the box and then they will send you a check when it comes back.

PIRATE14
01-08-2008, 8:22 AM
I have had 2 warranty repairs with Sig, and they covered shipping both ways, both times.

The latest one was last week, and my FFL made me DROS the gun just to get it back! Total time in shipping and repair -- 3-4 days. Now I have a 10 day waiting period to get my own $&!@ gun back..

The FFL told me that they were recently audited by the DOJ, and the DOJ agents told them that if they have a gun for more than 24 hours, even if they are repairing it in house, they must re-DROS as a "return to owner".

Nice to see the BOF has not stopped making up their own laws. Guess they are trying to drum up some additional revenue. :iggy:

Must be a state thing cause feds have no such regulation for gunsmithing...I'll have to look into that....

TonyM
01-08-2008, 8:30 AM

I don't think that's right. I've had S&W and Glock tell me differently. According to them, the only time you have to re-DROS is if they replace the frame with one with a new serial number, or alter your serial number.

Otherwise, they ship it back directly to you @ your home with signature required.

I'll know soon enough for 100%, I'm about to send in an XD and a S.A. 1911 to the Springfield Custom Shop and they will have them for a few weeks.

SnWnMe
01-09-2008, 1:12 AM

Your FFL lied to and cheated you.