View Full Version : Mauser M66 Scope mount options?

08-28-2013, 9:31 PM
I have a beautiful Mauser M66 in .243 that has some pretty beat up sad-looking scope rings. They're attached via one screw each and are pretty dinged up.

Anyone know of any affordable scope mounts for the old rare M66 / M660? Theres a German company that makes various options for $400+... No thanks.

08-29-2013, 5:37 AM
The Mauser 66 has the short throw bolt and most of them with a scope have a block on the barrel for the second ring or use just one ring on the front receiver.
I am guessing you looked at Conetrol already and didn't like the price?

08-29-2013, 8:30 PM
I just looked now, that's half the price of the German company believe it or not. Over $400 for a setup.

My rifle does Infact have the block on barrel, the front ring is mounted just behind the rear sight. Both rings are mounted via 2 screws not one, they arc backward and allow the use of the open sights beneath the scope. Doesn't seem like they're anything special otherwise. Wish I could just find 2 replacement rings like them.

08-30-2013, 2:08 PM
You could do a search for offset rings or extended rings and see what comes up.

You can also contact Fenton Sandlin out of Alba,Texas.He will make you any mount you can think up for $75 delivered in one weeks time.On my extended longrange rifles he has built me 30 and 40 moa bases over 2 inches tall with your choice of top rail or dovetail.903-765-3221

There is another shooter out of Utah doing the same work.I believe his name is Jerrel Mattingley? A search might help you either way.Jerrel Mattingley 801-809-9086 jerrelmm@aol.com

Fenton Sandlin mount
If you call Fenton tell him Lynn sayshello

08-30-2013, 7:36 PM
Thank you for the information!