PDA

View Full Version : wow... bass pro shops in las vegas...

ldivinag
01-07-2008, 10:16 PM
you knew you were in kansas... er, kalifornia anymore once you step inside this mega store.

biggest "shock?"

rifles and shotguns that were in open racks so any schmoe can fondle them. granted, they have trigger locks but still...

only downside is that NO parts/access for the AR... :(

boy, those who remember TRI CITY SPORTING GOODS in fremont, is a small shack compared to BSP...

i wonder when the manteca store will open...

slickwilly
01-07-2008, 11:00 PM
Must....... resist.... the call.... of guns...........

I hate big stores... they make me buy all kinds of crap I never wanted to buy buy fond that I needed one, and so I bought two.... just in case.

highmeh
01-07-2008, 11:26 PM
To the left of the handguns and right of the long guns, they have a two-land indoor shooting range. I was in heaven the first time I went; waltzed in with my XD, had the guy at the door check the mags and chamber, up the escalator to buy ammo and then range....

I love Bass Pro Vegas.

caduckgunner
01-08-2008, 5:04 AM
The Bass Pro is SoCal sucks.:(

DV8
01-08-2008, 7:42 AM
If you were looking for AR stuff, you should have gone to Citadel gun and safe (which is close by). Now that place is pure heaven.

mike100
01-08-2008, 10:55 AM
My impression was that local CA stores have a lot more than BPS in Las Vegas (with the exception of the fine gun room inventory).

All they had was field guns..couldn't find a trap gun in L.V. to save your life. I dunno..lot of stuff in one spot, a lot of overhead too.

btownmatt
01-08-2008, 3:25 PM
You should support your local dealer not Bass Pro Shops.

scootergmc
01-08-2008, 3:28 PM
You should support your local dealer not Bass Pro Shops.

Are you a local dealer?

45DAVID1
01-08-2008, 3:35 PM
Are you a local dealer?

He probably isn't and even if he was you still wouldn't buy from him so why give him a hard time?

scootergmc
01-08-2008, 4:33 PM
He probably isn't and even if he was you still wouldn't buy from him so why give him a hard time?

Who's giving him a hard time? I asked a legitimate question. Read his three other posts...

And who are you to tell me who I'd buy from or not? :rolleyes:

CavTrooper
01-08-2008, 5:45 PM
Why buy from the "local" dealer? Most of the time they have higher prices, less friendly staff and less selection. At a big store like Bass Pro, one call to the corp. offices goes a long way. Where at most small stores they tend to favor the "FU, we dont need your buisness" attitude.
**not all small stores, just most,IMO**

ldivinag
01-10-2008, 12:39 AM
If you were looking for AR stuff, you should have gone to Citadel gun and safe (which is close by). Now that place is pure heaven.

well good to know...

i'm driving home in the morning and it is on the way... ;)

GPS marked.

ldivinag
01-10-2008, 12:41 AM
To the left of the handguns and right of the long guns, they have a two-land indoor shooting range. I was in heaven the first time I went; waltzed in with my XD, had the guy at the door check the mags and chamber, up the escalator to buy ammo and then range....

I love Bass Pro Vegas.

i saw them, but the sign said they closed at 8pm. i got there around 9pm.

did they rent?

Stormfeather
01-10-2008, 12:44 AM
Did you make it to the Logitechs booth? I gave sandi (Dragonfly) a heads up that there may be CalGun'ers stopping in to see her for free schwag!

ldivinag
01-10-2008, 10:23 PM
damnit...

i went through the south halls except where logitech was...

i got caught up on a damn CNET best of ces show and i ran out of time...

on a side note, i did get a chance to make it to citadel. i was almost in tears... lol...

i did give the main guy there a heads up about selling AR mag PARTS...

PistolPete75
01-10-2008, 10:25 PM
Are you a local dealer?

not if your local dealer is a rip off.