PDA

View Full Version : JP-AMCS Modular stock ??

ASD1
08-28-2013, 3:19 PM
who has a JP-AMCS Modular stock or has shot one??

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=261082&stc=1&d=1377732046

The good??

The bad??

Or should I get a AX or a ??

bitethebullet
08-28-2013, 7:17 PM
No actual experience with the JP. I was thinking long and hard about getting on for my Savage. I will be pulling the trigger on a XLR Chassis. I couldn't find any reason to buy the JP over the XLR other than making my wallet slightly lighter. The JP is nice, but the XLR is just as nice without the price....

vliberatore
08-28-2013, 7:29 PM
No actual experience with the JP. I was thinking long and hard about getting on for my Savage. I will be pulling the trigger on a XLR Chassis. I couldn't find any reason to buy the JP over the XLR other than making my wallet slightly lighter. The JP is nice, but the XLR is just as nice without the price....

Basically this. IMO it's priced higher than it should be.

TZL
08-28-2013, 9:06 PM
XLR ftw !

Speedpower
08-28-2013, 9:22 PM
Here on a Remington 700 SPS Tactical .308, haven't shot it yet, will try it this weekend!

https://sphotos-b-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/p480x480/487898_10201767314212634_997615434_n.jpg

ASD1
08-29-2013, 8:18 AM
Thanks guys keep the Intel coming.

Speedpower

Please update when you can. My gun started life as a 700 sps acc I have done lot's to it so it's time for a stock.

vliberatore
08-29-2013, 12:52 PM
Just think, you can get a McRee and save yourself $300+

Exodus343
08-29-2013, 1:27 PM
Just think, you can get a McRee and save yourself $300+

I'm eyeing the same thing
with the XLR you'll have to order higher rings

with the McRee you just simply drop it on

ar15barrels
08-29-2013, 9:05 PM
I'm eyeing the same thing
with the XLR you'll have to order higher rings

with the McRee you just simply drop it on

JP has two different forend options.
They have the tube as shown above which is like the XLR.
They also have a more traditional flat/wide forend which lets you just drop the action straight down into the stock.
The flat/wide forend does not have anything up on top of the barrel so you keep the same low scope rings.

The advantage of going to taller rings and a taller cheekpiece of that you gun recoils straighter into your shoulder so there is natually less muzzle rise.
However, a good muzzle brake also negates muzzle rise...

Exodus343
08-29-2013, 9:36 PM
JP has two different forend options.
They have the tube as shown above which is like the XLR.
They also have a more traditional flat/wide forend which lets you just drop the action straight down into the stock.
The flat/wide forend does not have anything up on top of the barrel so you keep the same low scope rings.

The advantage of going to taller rings and a taller cheekpiece of that you gun recoils straighter into your shoulder so there is natually less muzzle rise.
However, a good muzzle brake also negates muzzle rise...

Thanks Randall!

I still go for the McRee, it's cheaper for my college student budget ;)

Tac driver
09-01-2013, 11:53 AM
I have an xlr and am real happy with it. I was also eyeing the jp chassis but im not to fond of the magpul prs stock it comes with. The config that Kyle designed on the xlr has more adjustability. What make of rifle and caliber are you planning on putting into a chassis op?

ASD1
09-02-2013, 10:58 AM
I have an xlr and am real happy with it. I was also eyeing the jp chassis but im not to fond of the magpul prs stock it comes with. The config that Kyle designed on the xlr has more adjustability. What make of rifle and caliber are you planning on putting into a chassis op?

Started life as a Rem 700 ACC-SD

Tac driver
09-05-2013, 8:57 PM
Another thing to consider though is the barrel sits higher in the Jp forend. My barrel is centered on the xlr. The scope being closer to the barrel is always a good thing!