PDA

View Full Version : NEW 10/22 Barracuda Stock F/S

Mike's Custom
01-07-2008, 1:45 PM
I have a new Boyds Barracuda Stock for sale. Black textured finish with buttpad.

STOCK IS SOLD!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v148/mscales/Firearms/100_1513.jpg

Gryff
01-16-2008, 10:59 PM
I have to ask...what is the point of this stock design?

I've seen the Ruger "race rifle" (http://www.taloinc.com/images/RugerUSARace_Big.jpg) that is available and helps support USA Shooting, but what type of "racing" are you doing? What type of competition is this for?

Sorry for the off-topic inquiry...

Thanks,

Jim

Roccobro
01-18-2008, 5:16 PM
I think it looks damn sexy! :D Too bad I have more 10/22 stocks than guns.....

Justin

Mike's Custom
01-19-2008, 11:31 AM
I have to ask...what is the point of this stock design?

I've seen the Ruger "race rifle" (http://www.taloinc.com/images/RugerUSARace_Big.jpg) that is available and helps support USA Shooting, but what type of "racing" are you doing? What type of competition is this for?

Sorry for the off-topic inquiry...

Thanks,

Jim

Well, first off, it is a thumbhole stock and this allows for a excellent hold. Since the barrels should be free-floated anyway the rest of the stock is not necessary so it was cut away. I have a couple 10/22 builds I have for myself using this stock and it lends to a great lightweight offhand varminter. The nice thing is that at one time it was a new and inovative design that was using the newer laminated materials and allowed a good steady hold. They showed up in the Chevy Challange and the rest is history. Anyone that has used one of these will know the value of a good handling stock.

This stock was designed my Mike Turner of Turner Stocks. It was his exclusive design and he was making them on a limited basis until he started making them for Magnum Research for their new .22 rimfire version of the 10/22. Since then MR has stolen his design and contracted Boyds to produce them cheaper and cut Mike out of the design. If Mike were to sue MR he would be cutting his onw throat and never sell another stock to a manufacturer so he has let it go. Ruger contracted Altamont to reproduce the design also for their Race Rifles.

bug_eyedmonster
01-20-2008, 11:33 PM
Hello,

I'm interested in the stock if it's still for sale. What is the testured coating on the stock, I was under the assumption that they came with a "colored" grain finish only? Will this fit the Volquartsen Ultimate Reciever and CF barrel with comp.?

Jerry

Mike's Custom
01-21-2008, 11:08 AM
Hello,

I'm interested in the stock if it's still for sale. What is the testured coating on the stock, I was under the assumption that they came with a "colored" grain finish only? Will this fit the Volquartsen Ultimate Reciever and CF barrel with comp.?

Jerry

This stock will fit any receiver that a Ruger 10/22 receiver will fit. And yes, it will fit a VC .920 CF/comp barrel. If you look at the pic you will see that it has a VC CF/comp barrel in it.

bug_eyedmonster
01-22-2008, 10:25 AM
Hello,

On the Boyd's site, they don't show a matte or flat black color, is this something you do after you purchase them? I see the picture, but I wanted to make sure this deal was not for the standard barrel size or something.

Jerry

Mike's Custom
01-22-2008, 2:12 PM
Hello,

On the Boyd's site, they don't show a matte or flat black color, is this something you do after you purchase them? I see the picture, but I wanted to make sure this deal was not for the standard barrel size or something.

Jerry

These stocks are their laminated colored stock. The stocks have a non-structural flaw, color, small gouge or other surface imperfection. Boyds can't sell them for full price so they paint them with this textured finish for $70 less when they have them which is not often. I have stripped a couple of them and found just minor flaws that I sanded out and then refinsihed. They look great. I put one on my daughters 10/22 and one on a friends gun and traded him a T stock for it. These are great stock for a great price.

bug_eyedmonster
04-22-2008, 11:37 PM
Hey mike,

Are these still for sale?

Jerry

Bigballaizm
04-23-2008, 5:08 AM
Hey BugEye, I purchased one of these from Mike and these are sweet stocks! I put one on my wifes 10/22 with a stainless target barrel and she gets compliments at the range all the time. I could not find any imperfections on my stock. Mike is a cool guy to deal with!!

Mike's Custom
04-23-2008, 10:55 AM
Hey mike,

Are these still for sale?

Jerry

I have one left. I also some a couple Tac-Sol .920 .22lr barrels. They are fluted and anodized a lt. gray for $130. Prices are PLUS shipping.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v148/mscales/Firearms/TS1022gray.jpg

Cpp001
05-19-2009, 12:05 AM
do you still have any of these?

Roccobro
05-19-2009, 8:56 AM
Day-am! Over a year old thread.

http://208.43.43.108/uploads/1242748573.jpg

DO you have any of the Tac-Sol barrel left????

Mike's Custom
09-24-2010, 12:10 PM
sold