PIRATE14
01-07-2008, 12:17 PM
SEE ya THERE..........;)

kermit315
01-07-2008, 4:07 PM
not me :(

Michael303
01-07-2008, 4:34 PM
I'm going to try and make it to this one. For those who are going, here's the link for the dollar off coupon (http://www.mcmannsroadrunner.com/588269.html).

PonchoTA
01-07-2008, 5:11 PM
I'm going Sat. morning. Anybody here want to carpool?? :D

My little car won't hold as much as I hope to get...

:D

Please let me know... I'm in Oxnard, near the base.

Paul

tdo315
01-07-2008, 5:15 PM
i'll be there

gazzavc
01-07-2008, 9:04 PM
I'm going to try to nip up there for a bit.

Need to stock up on beef jerky, indian artifacts and overpriced garage sale junk...............

Gaz

Michael303
01-08-2008, 7:03 AM
I'll be heading out there on Saturday morning. I need some cleaning supplies and (maybe) I'll find a deal on some ammo. I'd be in for a carpool. I think it was somewhere around 5 bucks to park last time I went. Yikes!

bruce_ventura
01-08-2008, 7:38 PM
I'm game for a carpool Sat am. I live in Ventura (surprise!). Would like to be back around noon, if possible.

We could meet in the Vons parking lot at Seaward & Harbor.

Bruce

PonchoTA
01-08-2008, 8:46 PM
I'm game for a carpool Sat am. I live in Ventura (surprise!). Would like to be back around noon, if possible.

We could meet in the Vons parking lot at Seaward & Harbor.

Bruce
I can work with that!

Paul

Michael303
01-08-2008, 8:55 PM
I'm in for that. Gate opens at 10. If we go early I'm pretty sure we could be out by noon. So maybe meet up at 9:45 or so?

PonchoTA
01-08-2008, 9:02 PM
Sounds good! I'll have to ride with somebody though, I have a 2-seater!

Anybody got a cart to carry ammo, heavy stuff with?
:D

bruce_ventura
01-08-2008, 9:58 PM
The link at the top of this thread says the start time is 9 am. I'm up for meeting then at the Starbucks in the Vons center (Seaward & Harbor). There's plenty of parking slots available at the end of lot next to Harbor blvd.

I've got a four-seat truck. I can bring a folding dolly or my daughter's red wagon (it'll hold ~200 lbs of stuff).

Bruce

PonchoTA
01-09-2008, 5:29 AM
Excellent! I'll be there! Thanks Bruce!

Paul

Michael303
01-09-2008, 9:14 AM
Just want to check timing. Are we saying 9AM at the Starbucks?

bruce_ventura
01-09-2008, 8:16 PM
9am @ Starbucks. Confirmed.

We'll wait 5-10 minutes and then head over the the Fairgrounds.

See you then.
Bruce

PonchoTA
01-09-2008, 8:33 PM
See you there! :D

Paul

tombinghamthegreat
01-10-2008, 10:18 AM
Can't go it looks like, got stuff to do and family to see:(

AR-Ballistic
01-12-2008, 4:58 PM
I'm going to try to nip up there for a bit.

Need to stock up on beef jerky, indian artifacts and overpriced garage sale junk...............

Gaz

This is SO true!!! I was there today. Plenty of Beef Jerky , Indian artifacts and overpriced garage sale junk..... LOL But I will say that I always enjoy the G.I. JOE exhibit table.

DedEye
01-12-2008, 7:07 PM
So anyone get anything good? I walked away with a CMMG lower and WASR22 waiting for me with Jim Maddux and 5250 rounds of Federal .22.

EBR Works
01-12-2008, 7:22 PM
So anyone get anything good?

I found 10 round steel AK mags with Tapco followers for $10 each. Cold War Shooters had lots of cool stuff also.

Michael303
01-13-2008, 7:01 AM
I picked up a Hi Power from a guy in the third building. Great condition WWII build. In ten days I get to pick that up. I also picked up some decent .303 at 8 buck per 40. Now that's a deal.

There was one guy who had a No4MkI T for $2500 and another guy who had an L42A1 for $3500. Too rich for me, but really cool historical pieces just the same.

DedEye
01-13-2008, 7:09 AM
Some sad news from the gun show as well: Paul Schaffer (Santa Barbara area FFL) no longer transfers OLLs. His reason was that the ATF took 7 months to renew his license when they saw he transferred OLLs.

Another one bites the dust :(.

Michael303
01-13-2008, 7:38 AM
Ok, silly question, but why would the Feds be concerned with OLLs, I thought that was a State/DOJ thing? I know a few FFL's in SB got put through the ringer for people abberivating California as 'CA' on their DROS form. That kind of seemingly trivial thing is enough for the ATF to drag their feet and threaten to pull the license.

If you can't find a transfer dealer in SB, I know that Uncle Paul's in Ventura will do OLL transfers Not much help if you are in IV/SB, but still a shorter drive than LA.

DedEye
01-13-2008, 8:00 AM
Ok, silly question, but why would the Feds be concerned with OLLs, I thought that was a State/DOJ thing? I know a few FFL's in SB got put through the ringer for people abberivating California as 'CA' on their DROS form. That kind of seemingly trivial thing is enough for the ATF to drag their feet and threaten to pull the license.

If you can't find a transfer dealer in SB, I know that Uncle Paul's in Ventura will do OLL transfers Not much help if you are in IV/SB, but still a shorter drive than LA.

I was wondering the same thing. I ended up doing the transfer through Jim Maddux; gonna be annoying to have to drive back to Ventura in 9 days.

Michael303
01-13-2008, 8:06 AM
Yeah, Maddux will be doing the transfer transfer for the Hi Power. I'll be in Simi in 9 days. Not that it's too far a drive. And it is a good excuse to pick up some Indian in Woodland Hills...

DedEye
01-13-2008, 8:34 AM
Yeah, Maddux will be doing the transfer transfer for the Hi Power. I'll be in Simi in 9 days. Not that it's too far a drive. And it is a good excuse to pick up some Indian in Woodland Hills...

How about a ride :D?

Michael303
01-13-2008, 9:28 AM
Sure, happy to carpool. Alls ya gotta do is make it down to Ventura/Oxnard !

DedEye
01-13-2008, 10:11 AM
Sure, happy to carpool. Alls ya gotta do is make it down to Ventura/Oxnard !

And there's the problem :D.

I could probably take the train, but to get back here with firearms would prevent a return train journey.

Michael303
01-13-2008, 1:06 PM
Ahso... Not sure how to make that work. But I’d stay away for the train. Whatever their policy is on firearms, Amtrak doesn’t have the best track record between Ventura and Santa Barbara. The homeless are attracted to those tracks like moths are attracted to light bulbs…

13Delta
01-13-2008, 5:23 PM
there was some nice stuff for 10/22, stocks and barrels , and a couple 1903s i wanted, i took home a carbine stock.

MKE
01-13-2008, 5:35 PM
Anyone notice if there were any HK P2000 or USP 9 compacts for sale at the show?

tombinghamthegreat
01-13-2008, 9:05 PM
was there body armor there?

bruce_ventura
01-13-2008, 10:50 PM
I picked up a few trinkets, including a nice Japanese 15x50 spotting scope. It had a sliding eyepiece (unusual) and was in good condition. At $30 I couldn't pass it up. Sadly, I will disassemble it to make an optical instrument. I also loaded up on cleaning supplies - stuff that has to be shipped by ground.

Got to meet a couple of other Calgun folks. All-in-all, a nice way to spend a Saturday morning.

PonchoTA
01-14-2008, 5:06 AM
I found 10 round steel AK mags with Tapco followers for $10 each. Cold War Shooters had lots of cool stuff also.
I got a couple of those too! One of the other vendors had some polymer AK mags, got a couple (before I found the steel ones, thanks Bruce!)

Got a bipod (prolly paid too much, but oh well) and some other assorted stuff. Also got several boxes of WinClean ammo (9mm and .40S&W) for Shooters, at a better price than they have, I hope!)

Nice meeting Bruce and Mike, had a great day! :cool2:

Paul

Dilinger23
01-14-2008, 10:23 AM
Sound like lots of fun...:(I wish I could have gone..to bad im broke for this month...

Biff...
01-14-2008, 11:48 AM
I was there, the vendors I dealt with were not very interested in dealing. I don't know about you guys but when I'm in a swamp meet environment I try to negotiate(reasonable) at that a good price for the item I want. I ended up just just buying necessary items, that I knew I couldn't negotiate like(ie ammo).

Ford8N
01-14-2008, 4:23 PM
I was there, the vendors I dealt with were not very interested in dealing. I don't know about you guys but when I'm in a swamp meet environment I try to negotiate(reasonable) at that a good price for the item I want. I ended up just just buying necessary items, that I knew I couldn't negotiate like(ie ammo).

Yea, I know what you mean. There is a vendor there that has a pistol that he has had for THREE years. I made an offer three years ago on that pistol. If he would have taken my offer then and put the money in the bank, at even 3%, he would be ahead. There are A LOT of guys there who are looking for suckers. It is very cliquish too.

Michael303
01-14-2008, 4:56 PM
...There are A LOT of guys there who are looking for suckers

Yeah, tell me about it. Ever take a good look at the 'rare' rifles Old Man Sanders sells? Most of those are rifles that he put together in his garage and then created a fanciful back story as to how they came to be. Buyer beware! Still, you can find some neat gems at those shows. I know a guy who found an Enfield No1Mk6 at the Santa Barbara show. Talk about rare...

Ford8N
01-14-2008, 5:46 PM
Yeah, tell me about it. Ever take a good look at the 'rare' rifles Old Man Sanders sells? Most of those are rifles that he put together in his garage and then created a fanciful back story as to how they came to be. Buyer beware! Still, you can find some neat gems at those shows. I know a guy who found an Enfield No1Mk6 at the Santa Barbara show. Talk about rare...

Yes, I know there are gems at that show. That's one of the reasons I go all the time.;) And I pass on some good deals at every show. Because I run out of money.:( One was an all matching number British Enfield Mark III* with a nice matching colored stock. Honest wear, no gouges in the wood and it hadn't been refinished. Still had cosmo on it. $225! And I was broke. That was last year and I'm still looking for another deal like that.

capo
01-14-2008, 5:58 PM
i got some beef jerky, and was pooping liquid magma...i literally screamed "GET OUT OF ME SATAN!"

gazzavc
01-14-2008, 5:59 PM
Is that the geezer with the #4 Mk 1 T for sale for $2500 ??
Its such an obvious fake too. I don't even bother talking with the dealers that do that cr@p anymore.

Gaz

Michael303
01-14-2008, 7:59 PM
Is that the geezer with the #4 Mk 1 T for sale for $2500 ??

I think we are talking about different people, at least at this show. The guy I'm thinking of about had about 30 rifles from different countries. What slays me is that the serial numbers on his Enfields never match. One time I took a look at one of his No1MkIII’s. I checked the serial numbers on the nose cap, receiver, barrel (yes, I popped the rear handguard) and under the leaf site: none matched any of the others. This time, he had a “tanker carbine”. Um… Yeah… Right…

As for that T, it looked OK. I’m no expert on those, as I’ve seen so few and I havne’t read my Skennerton book in a while. The serial on optic mount matched the rifle, but the optic it self was completely different. For that kind of money, I would expect matching parts. Still, I would love to have a No4MkI T.

Scorpiusdeus
01-15-2008, 12:14 PM
WOW!!! Pretty cool to see so many fellow Ventura County Shooters here.

Patriot
01-15-2008, 12:49 PM
:banghead: Completely forgot...and I was going to look at the ammo, too

DedEye
01-15-2008, 3:30 PM
WOW!!! Pretty cool to see so many fellow Ventura County Shooters here.

Speak for yourself! I'm up in Santa Barbara :p.

SNEAKS
01-15-2008, 6:22 PM
I was able to find some 45 auto rim for my S&W 625 :43:. I also picked up some 44mag ammo, Sig t-shirt, and a wilson magwell for my Sig GSR. I could not believ how much some stuff was going for. I was interested in a Streamlight TLR2 and they wanted $275 and would not budge.:confused: