PDA

View Full Version : Fight HR 3018

Pmoore87
08-27-2013, 10:37 AM
New Federal level anti gun legislation introduced. This new law is out of control. Just like the rest of the mob running over our rights. The very reason we have a republic is so that the majority cannot strip the rights of the minority. In other words our Republic is failing at achieving its core mission. Not only is it failing but it doing it with blatant disregard.

HR 3018 is a huge tax on firearms and ammunition. 20% on rifles, pistols, uppers and lowers.

And a fifty percent tax on ammunition. So now since they cannot ban them, they will try to tax them to the point that on elite can afford it.

This is where they will continue to go after guns, by going after ammunition. Its truly a sad state of affairs we live with, and a complete perversion of our founding principles.

Everyone, there is a great site called popvox.com. I know a lot of you are probably already utilizing it, however we need even more. This site will help you do it all, it even sends out physical letters to your representatives.

skilletboy
08-27-2013, 10:54 AM
Zero chance of passing the house don't you think?

mossy
08-27-2013, 10:56 AM
Zero chance of passing the house don't you think?

federally it is still important to fight hard.

giantsfan650
08-27-2013, 10:56 PM
This is a plane crash in the house, immediately.

Join the NRA, and we won't have to stress off such nonsense.

CaliforniaLiberal
08-27-2013, 11:10 PM
New Federal level anti gun legislation introduced. This new law is out of control. Just like the rest of the mob running over our rights. The very reason we have a republic is so that the majority cannot strip the rights of the minority. In other words our Republic is failing at achieving its core mission. Not only is it failing but it doing it with blatant disregard.

HR 3018 is a huge tax on firearms and ammunition. 20% on rifles, pistols, uppers and lowers.

And a fifty percent tax on ammunition. So now since they cannot ban them, they will try to tax them to the point that on elite can afford it.

This is where they will continue to go after guns, by going after ammunition. Its truly a sad state of affairs we live with, and a complete perversion of our founding principles.

Everyone, there is a great site called popvox.com. I know a lot of you are probably already utilizing it, however we need even more. This site will help you do it all, it even sends out physical letters to your representatives.

Important to keep an eye on Congress, but the CA Legislature is about a thousand times more likely to pass laws that will actually affect us. I would say time is better spent calling, emailing the Governor and the CA Legislature and showing up for committee hearings.

http://www.firearmspolicy.org

Pmoore87
08-28-2013, 9:34 AM
Just because this will automatically crash in the house does not mean we do not fight. We have to fight everything they propose whether its an auto fail or not.

The attitude of its safe so leave it alone is one of complacency and will not allow it to stay safe for long.

And don't worry I have spend days upon days calling, e-mailing, faxing, and sending physical letters. However due to my disability it is not often possible to show up for a committee hearing.

dsfloyd
08-29-2013, 12:31 PM
Just because this will automatically crash in the house does not mean we do not fight. We have to fight everything they propose whether its an auto fail or not.

The attitude of its safe so leave it alone is one of complacency and will not allow it to stay safe for long.

And don't worry I have spend days upon days calling, e-mailing, faxing, and sending physical letters. However due to my disability it is not often possible to show up for a committee hearing.

Exactly ^^^^^^^^^

Just think of how many times the taxes are jacked up on cigarettes.

Banning incandescent light bulbs. ETC ETC

Congress is always passing asinine laws saying its for the children :ack2: