PDA

View Full Version : For all you "non-NRA" members here in this forum....

Ronin2
08-27-2013, 7:09 AM
Do you "honestly" (yes, the look yourself in the mirror honesty) think that all this anti gun / anti 2nd Amendment legislation would still be passed /enacted at the state and federal level if every one of America's eighty million gun owners were members of the NRA???? Hell, do you think it would all be passing if only half of America's gun owners were members of the NRA?

While you non NRA members still dont get it, I would like to point out one guy who "got it" along with all his "friends":

" If we do not hang together, we shall surely hang separately."
------ Benjamin Franklin

TIME TO STEP UP WITH YOUR MEASLY $35 / yr BEFORE IT REALLY IS TOO LATE !!!!

Seriously, just give it some "HONEST THOUGHT", those of you who are capable of that.....

97F1504RAD
08-27-2013, 7:18 AM
I second that!

And here to make it even easier for you.

https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp?CampaignID=nrajoin

Ronin2
08-27-2013, 7:44 AM
Just in case anyone wants to go on an anti NRA rant, and I admit NRA is not perfect (who or what is at that scale), HOWEVER why they all are not members was NOT my question.

Just to reiterate, the ONLY question I want to pose is;

Do you "honestly" (yes, the look yourself in the mirror honesty) think that all this anti gun / anti 2nd Amendment legislation would still be passed /enacted at the state and federal level if every one of America's eighty million gun owners were members of the NRA???? Hell, do you think it would all be passing if only half of America's gun owners were members of the NRA?

Waldog
08-27-2013, 8:13 AM
WELL SAID!

FIVE life members in this family!

mag360
08-27-2013, 6:38 PM
They live with their head in the sand. Usually muttering something about "mailings are saying extremist things like politicians trying to take aeay your rights" which is completely false as obama said he supports the 2nd amendment and joe biden has a shotgun.

homelessdude
08-29-2013, 6:45 PM
In the end the only national voice that can stop them is the NRA

monk
08-29-2013, 7:06 PM
I still say that OP comes off an some elitist hollier than thou person.

EDIT: Nevermind, just a dupe thread. Good job OP.

Paseclipse
08-29-2013, 7:26 PM
Just paid my membership fees for the next five years.

toby
08-29-2013, 7:31 PM
Everyone has to believe in something this is true, I believe I will have a cold drink right about now.:cool:

wjc
08-31-2013, 12:30 AM
I will join you in a cold one...and bask in the knowledge that I am an NRA life member.

DannyInSoCal
08-31-2013, 12:36 AM
Yeah - The NRA did great today.

A very proud moment for this member...

IrishJoe3
08-31-2013, 12:46 AM
Member here! And you get a pretty cool magazine to boot. :-)

2nd Mass
08-31-2013, 2:29 AM
Member as well. Yes, 80+ would make a serious difference.

SoCalGunny
09-02-2013, 12:57 PM
It would be great if Gun Forums would allow you to have 3 months of membership as a trial period and in order to continue to join in on the threads you should ahve to prove you are an NRA member.

Im sick of the freeloaders.

jwissick
09-09-2013, 7:38 PM
I am sick of the NRA selling my information to every Tom Dick and Harry without my permission. I am sick of getting zillions of non-firearm related offers from the NRA. I am sick of watching Wayne come out every time a mass shooting happens and watching him step on his dick in front of the press.

I am absolutely convinced that Wayne and Co. would rather have the issue of gun control than actually solve the problem. Case after case showed to be good candidates for a SCOTUS review of the 2nd and the NRA actively worked to derail each and every one. Wayne opposed the Heller case from going to the Supreme Court. The NRA allocated no money for the effort and Heller won despite the NRA. Cato Institute senior fellow Robert Levy, co-counsel to the Parker plaintiffs in the Heller case, has stated that the Parker plaintiffs "faced repeated attempts by the NRA to derail the litigation."

Shortly before the Oklahoma City bombing, LaPierre wrote a fundraising letter describing federal agents as "jack-booted government thugs" who wear "Nazi bucket helmets and black storm trooper uniforms". This is not the way to win friends and influence people!

Wayne’s idea of putting an armed officer in every school is insanity. He essentially proposed the hiring a workforce of security agents even larger than the TSA's screeners — there are roughly 99,000 schools in the country — and tasking them with monitoring every single person who passes through the halls. Despite the fact that Columbine and other schools with mass-murder events had security on site and that did nothing to prevent the mass-murder of students.

While I am a Benefactor Life member of the NRA, the NRA will never see another cent from me till the current leadership is removed.

NightOwl
09-10-2013, 3:59 PM
Just in case anyone wants to go on an anti NRA rant, and I admit NRA is not perfect (who or what is at that scale), HOWEVER why they all are not members was NOT my question.

Just to reiterate, the ONLY question I want to pose is;

Just to be clear, you only want to go on your rant, and not have anybody say anything counter to it. Right? That's why you specified that was the ONLY question you wanted to pose.

I'll join the NRA roughly never again. I'll pose a counter question for you though. Do you "honestly" (yes, the look yourself in the mirror honesty) think that all this anti gun / anti 2nd Amendment legislation would still be passed /enacted at the state and federal level if every one of America's eighty million gun owners were members of the GOA???? Hell, do you think it would all be passing if only half of America's gun owners were members of the GOA?

Bottom line, NRA is self-aggrandizing garbage. They're big garbage, and that gets them attention, but they're perfectly happy to lose or negotiate away our rights. I'm not okay with that. I'll pay my dues to the GOA, and you're welcome to join. NRA can go back to firearms training courses, which they're very good at.

musick
09-10-2013, 4:42 PM
Nothing wrong with the NRA but my money goes to NRA-ILA. They focus directly on keeping my shooting spots open.

skisly
09-10-2013, 5:18 PM
Yes.

They might pass the laws to see what was in them.

jwissick
09-10-2013, 10:23 PM
Nothing wrong with the NRA but my money goes to NRA-ILA. They focus directly on keeping my shooting spots open.

I think you might want to check on that again....

Newman
09-11-2013, 7:04 AM
Reading your post, and asking myself the question, has led me to contribute $35 for a one year membership. I will give it a trial run. However, I do feel that 2A support/contributions should be at the local/state level (CGN, CRPA, etc). Come payday, they're going to get some of my money as well.

NORCAL#1
09-11-2013, 7:24 AM
All the people that are negative towards or about the NRA what have or are you doing for our 2nd amendment!

hatidua
09-11-2013, 10:05 AM
3rd generation member here. I'm still confused by those who own guns and participate in the shooting sports but don't support the NRA :facepalm:

mag360
09-11-2013, 10:52 AM
hmmm, I don't see democratic strategists crediting your favorite lefty orgs like PETA, Potheads for Potheads, Free Kindergarten for all, and ACLU for getting Morse and Giron kicked out.

"“The NRA has wielded a lot of influence for a long time in legislatures,” said Michael Sargeant, the executive director of the Democratic Legislative Campaign Committee."

LoneYote
09-11-2013, 11:26 AM
Just to be clear, you only want to go on your rant, and not have anybody say anything counter to it. Right?

Bingo! There isn't really a question here it is camouflage for a rant/shame campaign against other members of the firearms community. No better way to divide the community.

Ronin2
09-11-2013, 2:08 PM
Bingo! There isn't really a question here it is camouflage for a rant/shame campaign against other members of the firearms community.

And to the MAJORITY of gun owners who have DONE NOTHING and chosen not to unite and leverage themselves with every "effective" organization possible, NRA included,...your hypocrisy goes well beyond any shame that could be brought down on you here. All of you who have voted for liberal gun grabbers, allowed your unions to bankroll their election /reelection and not joined the NRA in its fight...YOU ALL ARE THE REASON we are where we are. I could care lass about using platitudes when dealing with all of you...time to own up to your choices and lack of action. I for one will speak my mind regarding those who helped us lose this battle.

Divide the community? You are kidding right? That has already occurred and we are reaping in Sacramento legislation what we have sown as a result.

JaMail
09-11-2013, 2:39 PM
I'm a life member and my son has been since he was 2 years old. Getting his little brother his card this year.

I'm a life member whats your excuse?

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-WBqQDxiardE/Uiz2iix1HsI/AAAAAAABR5Q/r5EYVv3nqnA/s800/IMG_20130908_125652.jpg

musick
09-11-2013, 4:18 PM
I think you might want to check on that again....

My understanding is they cannot legally use membership dues to fund the lobbying efforts. Only donations go to ILA.

tleeocinca
09-11-2013, 4:25 PM
Here we go again.. Point the finger at someone else and blame, instead of looking in the mirror at yourself and being sickened by the sight that you expect others to do your fighting for you. You are part of the problem, not the solution

JaMail
09-11-2013, 4:42 PM
seriously, without the NRA does anyone seriously think we would have ANY shooting sports in california or the rest of the country at this point?

LoneYote
09-11-2013, 10:47 PM
Comedy gold.... every single post.

Ronin2
09-11-2013, 11:29 PM
Comedy gold.... every single post.

And such a "brilliant" contribution from yourself to add to the comedy....

Sakiri
09-11-2013, 11:36 PM
I'm a life member and my son has been since he was 2 years old. Getting his little brother his card this year.

I'm a life member whats your excuse?

Great. Buy mine then. I don't give money I ain't got. Can't get blood from a stone.

teg33
09-12-2013, 6:21 AM
Join NRA is actually part of problem, become GOA member is the solution. What NRA priority care is Your Money. GOA is better than NRA, money well spent.

rugershooter
09-13-2013, 2:45 PM
I won't donate money to an organization that tries to negotiate my rights away by insisting that we need to enforce existing laws rather than creating new ones; but they don't try to eliminate the existing laws that already infringe on my rights.

Edit to add: In addition, the majority of NRA members I've talked to who rant and rave about people not joining the NRA really aren't activists. They pay for membership and nothing more. No activism. Simply being a member of the organization doesn't mean a damn thing. People have to be active. In my personal opinion, the two major reasons the NRA isn't more successful is because its members aren't active except for membership dues and as an organization it wants to "compromise", which in reality means we give up bits and pieces of our rights but don't get anything in return.

GDC
09-13-2013, 3:34 PM
I won't donate money to an organization that tries to negotiate my rights away by insisting that we need to enforce existing laws rather than creating new ones; but they don't try to eliminate the existing laws that already infringe on my rights.

If it were not for the NRA there would 10x more restrictions if not no gun rights at all.

In addition, the majority of NRA members I've talked to who rant and rave about people not joining the NRA really aren't activists. They pay for membership and nothing more. No activism. Simply being a member of the organization doesn't mean a damn thing.

In all respect I have to say anyone who has worked in lobbying at the national or state level this is completely untrue. I have worked both in a congressional office years ago, and with a major membership advocacy organization in Washington (not related to firearms) for quite some time after.

Advocacy associations with proven numbers are immensely powerful -- especially those that can show they have committed members that pay dues.

There are plenty of publications and magazines that distribute freely and have a million circulation that don't command the advertising rates of much smaller publications with paid subscriptions. It is the same with associations.

GDC
09-13-2013, 3:36 PM
Join NRA is actually part of problem, become GOA member is the solution. What NRA priority care is Your Money. GOA is better than NRA, money well spent.

Because an organization 99.9% of people in Washington have even heard of is going to have some influence?

Join other organizations, sure, but not joining the NRA makes you part of the problem friend.

rugershooter
09-13-2013, 3:50 PM
If it were not for the NRA there would 10x more restrictions if not no gun rights at all.

In all respect I have to say anyone who has worked in lobbying at the national or state level this is completely untrue. I have worked both in a congressional office years ago, and with a major membership advocacy organization in Washington (not related to firearms) for quite some time after.

Advocacy associations with proven numbers are immensely powerful -- especially those that can show they have committed members that pay dues.

There are plenty of publications and magazines that distribute freely and have a million circulation that don't command the advertising rates of much smaller publications with paid subscriptions. It is the same with associations.

If the NRA actually cared about protecting my rights instead of negotiating them away in attempt at gaining more political power, we would have a lot less gun laws than we do now. And since you used the phrase "gun rights", it shows that you don't really understand rights. The existence of my rights does not depend on the government's recognition of them. They exist independent of the government. The NRA doesn't understand that either. For decades the NRA has campaigned on the idea that we must accept gun control. The NRA does damage control. Their foundational idea is that gun control is unavoidable so it's our job to dictate the terms of the gun laws. But the NRA doesn't advocate the elimination of gun control; they want to enforce the existing laws even though they infringe on my rights. I will admit, however, that they're playing the political game and will never advocate real protection of the 2nd Amendment. But in my personal opinion, I don't want to be part of an organization that is founded on that idea.

teg33
09-13-2013, 4:38 PM
If the NRA actually cared about protecting my rights instead of negotiating them away in attempt at gaining more political power, we would have a lot less gun laws than we do now. And since you used the phrase "gun rights", it shows that you don't really understand rights. The existence of my rights does not depend on the government's recognition of them. They exist independent of the government. The NRA doesn't understand that either. For decades the NRA has campaigned on the idea that we must accept gun control. The NRA does damage control. Their foundational idea is that gun control is unavoidable so it's our job to dictate the terms of the gun laws. But the NRA doesn't advocate the elimination of gun control; they want to enforce the existing laws even though they infringe on my rights. I will admit, however, that they're playing the political game and will never advocate real protection of the 2nd Amendment. But in my personal opinion, I don't want to be part of an organization that is founded on that idea.

This ! The solid reason why some gun owners are reluctant to join NRA

Ronin2
09-13-2013, 7:27 PM

^^^^ Lives in a abandoned missile silo and hoping to have his guns pried from his cold dead hands.....:facepalm:

rugershooter
09-13-2013, 9:12 PM
^^^^ Lives in a abandoned missile silo and hoping to have his guns pried from his cold dead hands.....:facepalm:

^^^ Can't grasp the idea of freedom. "There should be a law..."
Idiots. They're everywhere.

ebigga67
09-14-2013, 8:38 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/mo-lawmakers-deciding-veto-override-gun-bill-20224865

Here is the NRA's position on this:

The National Rifle Association remained publicly silent about the bill, declining to answer repeated questions from the media about whether it supported or opposed the measure.

The above quote is on page two of the story.

After scuttling the Missouri bill, Dempsey and Richard both professed their devotion to the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, their love of hunting and their history of supporting pro-gun legislation.

I'm more concerned about concealed carry. My guess is these two care more about hunting than concealed carry. IMO that doesn't make them pro 2A. I see the 2A more about protection/defense than hunting.