PDA

View Full Version : NOW OR NEVER!

Socalman
08-26-2013, 8:44 AM
Since much of this will apply to bolt action rifles and ammunition, I feel it is appropriate to post. Yes, I am cross-posting in several forums. It is vital for everyone to read it and act.

The following is from the NRA and I post it here.

Vital for you to contact the Speaker of the Assembly Now

On Friday, August 30th, the Assembly Appropriations Committee will be holding a series of historic votes on gun rights in California. Currently the following bills are in this committee suspense file due to the excessive cost of MILLIONS of dollars for implementation being imposed on YOU and the other citizens of California.

Senate Bill 47(Yee) would ban the use of the "bullet button" on semi-automatic rifles to comply with current law and classify firearms with "bullet buttons" as "assault weapons" and ban their future sale/transfer. Continued legal possession by YOU would require that you REGISTER and pay a FEE (TAX) on ALL of your semi-autos with “bullet buttons.”

Senate Bill 53(DeLeon) would require Californians to obtain a permit BEFORE purchasing ammunition, require a background check before every future ammunition purchase and require registration of ALL ammunition that you purchase.

Senate Bill 374(Steinberg) would ban the future sale/transfer and classify ALL semi-automatic rifles with a detachable magazine or holding more than ten rounds of ammunition as "assault weapons." Continued legal possession would require that you REGISTER and pay a FEE (TAX) on ALL your semi-autos newly classified as “assault weapons.”

Senate Bill 396(Hancock) would ban the possession of ALL magazines over ten rounds, including the millions of "grandfathered" standard capacity magazines currently legally possessed by Californians.

It is essential that you voice your opposition to these nonsensical bills that would only affect and punish law-abiding citizens. Please contact Assembly Speaker John Perez TODAY and ask him to keep ALL anti-gun bills in Assembly Appropriations suspense file and NOT move them to the Assembly floor for a vote.

Speaker of the Assembly John Perez
Phone: (916) 319-2053
Fax: (916) 319-2153
Email: speaker.perez@assembly.ca.gov

mark501w
08-26-2013, 8:50 AM
I dood it.

leok20
08-26-2013, 9:00 AM
One from my email one from my wife's email.

Loopwell
08-26-2013, 9:13 AM
Everyone reading this should write an email and make the call. They have people that answer the phones, you can hear other phones ringing when talking to the assistants. The lady who picked up my call had a strong accent, but understood my concern....well she just said she would inform her Rep.

Freq18Hz
08-26-2013, 9:27 AM
Wrong forum. Please post this stuff in the appropriate place:
California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism

Please re-read the forum rules.

Thanks,

-Freq

Jester3
08-26-2013, 9:31 AM
Everyone reading this should write an email and make the call. They have people that answer the phones, you can hear other phones ringing when talking to the assistants. The lady who picked up my call had a strong accent, but understood my concern....well she just said she would inform her Rep.

Same here, same results, hope our concerns are forwarded.
Sometimes you wonder if anyone in control really gets our call, e-mails, snail mails. Hey at least we try.
Good luck to us all huh Loopwell !

Loopwell
08-26-2013, 9:34 AM
Same here, same results, hope our concerns are forwarded.
Sometimes you wonder if anyone in control really gets our call, e-mails, snail mails. Hey at least we try.
Good luck to us all huh Loopwell !

Yes, I hope we're not talking to a wall. However, I doubt they would be receiving even 1% of calls/emails in support for any of these bills.

'ol shooter
08-26-2013, 1:47 PM
Sent mine yesterday. Stand and FIGHT!

ExtremeX
08-26-2013, 1:56 PM
Wrong forum. Please post this stuff in the appropriate place:
California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism

Please re-read the forum rules.

Thanks,

-Freq

It’s cool dude… not enough people actually visit the 2nd Amend forum so he’s just trying to spread the word. It’s important enough of an issue where I could care less where its being spammed.

Iloveguns
08-26-2013, 2:25 PM
It’s cool dude… not enough people actually visit the 2nd Amend forum so he’s just trying to spread the word. It’s important enough of an issue where I could care less where its being spammed.

Agreed. ^^^

tmh1
08-26-2013, 2:26 PM
I'm in. It was painless: "I'll leave your message for the Speaker"

CALL IN AND LEAVE YOUR MESSAGE FOR THE SPEAKER TOO!!!

k1dude
08-26-2013, 9:10 PM
Done.

Exodus343
08-26-2013, 10:29 PM
mail box is full
LOL
guess I'll call tomorrow before, and after my classes

Exodus343
08-27-2013, 7:12 AM
8 am
Inbox full

spac
08-27-2013, 7:25 AM
Called yesterday.

duc748bip
08-27-2013, 8:43 AM
Called again today!

Exodus343
08-27-2013, 11:22 AM
yay they finally picked up!!!

told them I am against all the bills posted in the OP and that's it

lol

CharlesV
08-27-2013, 7:33 PM
As Calguns Foundation says, call/write Speaker Perez and say "keep all these bills in the suspense file and do not send to the Assembly floor for a vote."

CharlesV
08-27-2013, 7:36 PM
I think its critical to flood their email and phones DAILY. Im a repeat offender of that. Join me please!

Jester3
08-28-2013, 3:24 PM
I think its critical to flood their email and phones DAILY. Im a repeat offender of that. Join me please!

Great idea, only takes a few minutes in the morning, kinda like breakfast!
Hope no one comes knocking on my door in the middle of the night. :43: :43: