PDA

View Full Version : Nemesis rifle

dwtt
08-24-2013, 8:09 PM
Does anyone here own or have shot the Nemesis rifle at ranges out to 600 m. ?
I saw this rifle at the gun show today and it was impressive. The dealer was also saying the rifle was able to maintain zero even with a removable barrel. Well, if you've shot this gun in competition or other use, let me know how the gun shot.
thanks.

http://nemesisarms.com/nemesis_arms_products.html

killshot44
08-24-2013, 10:14 PM
It's a compact, take-down gun but at 12lbs without optic it's a pig. The 20" barrels will underperform compared to longer for distance.

But if you want a "rifle" that will fit into a "tactical briefcase" or a "tactical backpack" (harf harf), this is The One for you.

I DO like his t-shirts, though....
http://nemesisarms.com/images/shirt1.jpg

CRTguns
08-24-2013, 11:15 PM
"maintain zero" is a relative term. Used loosely by many. My pal has one... it can shift 1 moa or so after removal and reinstallation. Some say within moa is gtg... that's a miss if you're chasing a 500yd bullseye.

Hollywood says you can assemble a rifle from a brief case and make a cold bore shot... not real world.

Nemesis is a cool gun... better than the other suitcase takedown switch barrel options on the market.

Thorax
08-25-2013, 2:33 PM
Brown Precision started the whole take down precision rifle thing about 25 years ago or so....and is still without a doubt the best at it.

safety-1st
08-25-2013, 9:01 PM
@ $4,500 .....nice rifle but ouch on the price!

ar15barrels
08-26-2013, 2:07 AM
The dealer was also saying the rifle was able to maintain zero even with a removable barrel.]

This has not been my experience with the one my buddy has.
Also, I have heard about a guy taking one to precision rifle training class and the gun was shifting zero all through the day.
The final solution for the shooter was that they loaned him a conventional rifle to finish the class.

dhawkins
08-26-2013, 7:59 AM
I have one - it's fun, but more of a novelty. Shooting off hand can be interesting (not fun), although it appears they have some forend rail that can be attached now.

Happy to let you shoot it if you are in SoCal anytime soon. If you are spending that kind of money and want something small/portable, I would suggest you consider a DTA (covert can be very compact, or the new A1- a couple of already showed up for sale on Snipers Hide). You can pick up DTA Gen II's for a pretty good deal from time to time as well.

Mute
08-26-2013, 8:27 AM
I've shot them before. They're ok for what they are. Not my first choice in a precision rifle. Also don't care much for the stock. YMMV.